1/17/22 Build Week Chat

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Looked and searched and haven't seen another thread for 1/17/22 build week so here we go!

I originally ordered a 2021 Star White Premium AWD Ext back on 5/21/21 and was hoping for a 2021 delivery but at the end of September my order was "upgraded" to a 2022. That said I immediately changed my order to the now available Grabber Blue and deleted the interior protection package. All told after the changes and Ford offering a $750 credit for the delay/change the price of the car is actually lower!

Now I know from past history here that my build week may and will most likely change but at least I'm getting closer to seeing the "In production" update.

Feel free to share your thoughts,

Tony
Sponsored

theancient

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi, I have the same 1/17 build week as well. I order mine back in mid-September, got the conversion email 1st October with the $750 credit and the Scheduled for production email November 4th. My order is Rapid Red premium ER AWD.

ronnkev

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 Wind AWD (gave up on Ford)
Country flag
Hi, I have the same 1/17 build week as well. I order mine back in mid-September, got the conversion email 1st October with the $750 credit and the Scheduled for production email November 4th. My order is Rapid Red premium ER AWD.
We ordered the same car as you in early August (RR Premium ER AWD) and are scheduled for the same production week (also same notification timeline from Ford). I've seen a lot of messages about people being rescheduled but as far as I can tell that hasn't happened to our order yet. Fingers crossed!

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Howdy,

I ordered in early August 2021 and then my order was updated to a 2022 on 9/27/21 which now appears to be my order date. I've got an order number and VIN. The only place I see a production date is in an email I received, so not sure if that's changed or not. Is there a production date identified somewhere else? Email states week of 1/17/2022.

Ordered a GEPE in Star White. I think I checked every box on the options.

Right at the time it switched from a 2021 to a 2022 I got a buyer's agreement to sign with pricing from my dealer. I noticed they had 2021 in the title so I had them updated it to 2022. All the pricing remained the same on the buyer's agreement that I signed. I see that ford has raised the price on the whole Mach E line up for 2022. I would hope my pricing stays the same but I'm not exactly sure how this will play out when it arrives.

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
RR/ER/AWD/SG interior.
I guess I need to change threads. On 12/23@530PM I got my “Welcome to the Production date moved club email.” Production date is now 1/24. I ordered in July. If it is only one week, that isn’t bad. That puts me exactly at 6 months from order to production date. I am going to ignore your order dates and not get upset. It’s the holidas.?

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
Howdy,

I ordered in early August 2021 and then my order was updated to a 2022 on 9/27/21 which now appears to be my order date. I've got an order number and VIN. The only place I see a production date is in an email I received, so not sure if that's changed or not. Is there a production date identified somewhere else? Email states week of 1/17/2022.

Ordered a GEPE in Star White. I think I checked every box on the options.

Right at the time it switched from a 2021 to a 2022 I got a buyer's agreement to sign with pricing from my dealer. I noticed they had 2021 in the title so I had them updated it to 2022. All the pricing remained the same on the buyer's agreement that I signed. I see that ford has raised the price on the whole Mach E line up for 2022. I would hope my pricing stays the same but I'm not exactly sure how this will play out when it arrives.
Haven“t you been following your order on ford.com every hour like the rest of us. You should log into ford.com and check your reservation. when my order changed from 21 to 22., I noticed my options changed. They added the floor mats, removed the summer tires and interior color color changed to black. I called my dealer and he got it all changed before my production date was given. After your production date is given, you can’t make changes. I read some people got their car in a different color than they ordered

theancient

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
RR/ER/AWD/SG interior.
I guess I need to change threads. On 12/23@530PM I got my “Welcome to the Production date moved club email.” Production date is now 1/24. I ordered in July. If it is only one week, that isn’t bad. That puts me exactly at 6 months from order to production date. I am going to ignore your order dates and not get upset. It’s the holidas.?
Same, just got the email today that mine is now 1/24 as well.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Haven“t you been following your order on ford.com every hour like the rest of us.
You have no other things to do in this life?

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Rapid Red GTPE here. I went with the steel roof, so no BC. Would have loved to have gotten the 360 cameras, but…

So far my original build date has not changed - fingers crossed. I’ve scheduled the electrician and bught a Chargepoint charger, so we’re starting to get a little excited over here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BalsaDust

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just about one week to go for my build week and hoping there's no push back. I check every day hoping to see a window sticker but still nothing.

Ok all you 1/17 build week people, where are you? its getting pretty lonely here right now!

Tony

Mama's Mach-E

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I also ordered a Rapid Red GTPE. I have a level 2 charger on order and the electrician is ready to install it when it arrives. I just need to find my VIN so I can track it once it is built!!
My friend picked up her Grabber Blue GT PE over the weekend and I am so jealous!!

OP
OP
BalsaDust

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just for giggles I tried tracking my MME again (a daily occurrence) and it has been working fine showing a build week of 1/17/22 but today I ran into this!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1/17/22 Build Week Chat 1-11-22

Needless to say I am not happy! been waiting over seven months and I am hoping they dont push back the build date!

Tony

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Anyone else have 2 order numbers?

I've got a 4 digit order number that gives me a VIN and an order date of 9/27. Doesn't show a production date under vehicle details. Estimated delivery is TBD. In the body of the email from Ford that provided the new order #, VIN, and link to log in states a production date of 1/17. I don't need my Ford username and PW to log in and access this info. Looks like it goes through a Ford vehicle tracking link.

The second order number is 8 digits and an order date of 8/9. This order number shows a production date of 1/17 (as of this morning). Does not show a VIN. No window sticker either.

Called the dealership. Sales manager that handles all the orders is out with covid and will call me when he's back. I guess that whole side of the business shuts down when he's gone....?‍♂

Anyway keeping my hopes up that the vehicle goes into production next week and maybe a late Feb/early March delivery?
Sponsored

Last edited: