1/19/22 - New APIM and TCU updates in FDRS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
My car is in at the shop for the windshield recall, etc. so I've been being nosy as what they've been doing in FDRS.

Both of these weren't there yesterday. The ABS update is the sticky one that won't go away.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1/19/22 - New APIM and TCU updates in FDRS Capture2.PNG

My car currently has the 2.1.0 update so it'll be interesting to see what these buggers are and if they'll update them before I get the car back hopefully next week. At least I have a loaner in the meantime.

(EDIT): My car now appears to have failed after being queued up for 2.3 according to the iOS Scriptable app.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I also had both available right as my car showed it was queued for the update. The update has now installed OTA this evening, when I’m back at the office tomorrow, I’ll check do they cleared in FDRS. If so, then it’s 2.3.0 (which I would already assume it is).

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The 2.3.0 survey has 3 people listed non EA that have received it. I wonder if they release to FDRS when they start releasing it to non-EA cars.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The 2.3.0 survey has 3 people listed non EA that have received it. I wonder if they release to FDRS when they start releasing it to non-EA cars.
I see it cued using my OTA Shortcut. We’ll see if it goes through successfully. I am not in EA

OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received a "low battery" notification in FordPass yesterday afternoon (iOS widget shows they were leaving the doors open as they worked on the car) so I'm guessing that the 2.3.0 OTA failure may have been because the battery wasn't happy.

I'll be very interested to see if the car has 2.3.0 when I'm able to pick it up. I'm guessing 50/50 chance.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received a "low battery" notification in FordPass yesterday afternoon (iOS widget shows they were leaving the doors open as they worked on the car) so I'm guessing that the 2.3.0 OTA failure may have been because the battery wasn't happy.

I'll be very interested to see if the car has 2.3.0 when I'm able to pick it up. I'm guessing 50/50 chance.
I would just ask them to run both updates now that they’re available via FDRS.

OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would just ask them to run both updates now that they’re available via FDRS.
That's the plan, especially since they have to hook it up to run the IPMA calibration after the windshield replacement. But that doesn't mean it'll all get done!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That's the plan, especially since they have to hook it up to run the IPMA calibration after the windshield replacement. But that doesn't mean it'll all get done!
If your dealer is not the type that will install any updates that don't have a bulletin to bill it against, ask them to run TSB 21-2310. That was for 1.7.1 I believe, but they'll just install the latest module update for the APIM, which should be the same as what's coming in 2.3.0 at this point.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can confirm that my car had the APIM and TCU updates available as of yesterday afternoon when they showed up at queued in my OTA status. The updates installed OTA yesterday evening, giving me 2.3.0. They have also properly cleared in FDRS.

This is nice, hopefully they stick to this roll out, so if people have issues they can go to the dealer, rather than having to wait weeks or months for the dealers to be able to install via FDRS.

OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If your dealer is not the type that will install any updates that don't have a bulletin to bill it against, ask them to run TSB 21-2310. That was for 1.7.1 I believe, but they'll just install the latest module update for the APIM, which should be the same as what's coming in 2.3.0 at this point.
According to FDRS, they performed that check the other day before these came out on FDRS. So I've texted my service concierge to ask them to perform these 2 updates the next time they hook it up to calibrate the windshield camera.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My car is in at the shop for the windshield recall, etc. so I've been being nosy as what they've been doing in FDRS.

Both of these weren't there yesterday. The ABS update is the sticky one that won't go away.

Capture2.PNG

My car currently has the 2.1.0 update so it'll be interesting to see what these buggers are and if they'll update them before I get the car back hopefully next week. At least I have a loaner in the meantime.

(EDIT): My car now appears to have failed after being queued up for 2.3 according to the iOS Scriptable app.
Fordpass asked me to enable updates a day or two ago, so I thought that would be the easiest path for an APIM update. I have been lucky, the past OTA updates all worked okay. By this afternoon, it was still not yet done, so I decided to do it myself.

I began with the telematics update which also wanted to go the USB drive route. I got the notice of update starting, so left it. When I got back, FDRS showed the TCU update page, but it was mostly blank. Also, FDRS seemed to be disconnected from the car, and I could not find a way to reconnect. When I backed out of the page, I had to go through something like 3-5 prompts that said if you stop now, you might brick the car. Anyway, I did back out (FDRS was hung, or acting like it was hung anyway), and when I restarted MME, it said update already done on Sync, and FDRS was happy too. (standard disclaimer, ignore FDRS bricking warnings at your own risk! :) ) I am doing the APIM update now, downloaded fine to FDRS, but takes a while, wrote to USB, and hopefully MME is doing its own thing now (the start of update screen on Sync was fine).

Update, I went out later, and go the okay to remove USB message on Sync4. I had left FDRS running, but thought that was it. Not. So, after I told FDRS the APIM USB update was done, it did a bunch more operations, including things like updating the database, then finally it said it was done.

Being a little OCD like, I tried the ABS update again, and it ran fine, and it is still stuck there on my SW Update list (known FDRS bug, Sam says you have to wait until the next actual ABS update for it to go away).

All dtc's cleared, the volume indicator on Sync 4 is now a horizontal bar up near the top of the top of the screen, and in updates, there is now an update now button (I'm sure all those are discussed elsewhere). Not sure why, but after they moved the volume display up top, I immediately checked the seat heat control ... no luck, still down there in the far reaches of the lower corner of the display!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, my backside would be definitely puckered up during that experience! Congrats.
Sponsored