1/31 Build Week gang

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
Just so everyone has reference, as someone who has gone through one of these builds and anticipation quite obsessively for a 2021 (and am also in this build week for 2022).

don't expect to see anything for several weeks. The week before your build week, your window sticker may populate. Then you may actually see nothing. no progress.... nothing.. for up to a few weeks. when the modules DO light up, that's a strong indication that your car is nearing completion. After you see that (which again, may not even happen for weeks after your "production date"), you cross your fingers and hope it ships soon after (you should get notification of this), because then it goes on train through Mexico and you'll see nothing for another few weeks until it shows up in KC. And after that, reasonably, expect another month before your dealer gets the delivery.

At this point, I know it's hard... but don't expect to see anything until the end of 1/24 week (for your sticker), and just hope your production date remains 1/31 until that week.. I don't say that to contain your excitement in any way. It IS coming, and you SHOULD be excited! I say that to temper your expectations to not think that 1/31 production date will equate to your car being built on 2/1, shipped 2/2, and arriving at your dealership by end of Feb.

I am actually expecting to see it Mar/April if all goes well ;)
This is exactly the timeline I am hoping holds true.
Sponsored

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 1/31 build week changed to 2/7 yesterday (along with the price increase)
Dang!!! At least it wasn't a long delay. Did you get an email or do you have another way of checking? In Canada our orders are all held through them so I only ever know what they tell us.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Dang!!! At least it wasn't a long delay. Did you get an email or do you have another way of checking? In Canada our orders are all held through them so I only ever know what they tell us.
no email. I just checked online with all the comments about the price change and noticed. Last email I received from ford was when the dealer reconfirmed my 21 as a 22 in October. Didn’t get an email for the earlier build date schedule either.

khadotcom

First Name
Kha Nguyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD
Country flag
My build date got changed to 2/14 from 1/31 and got a price increase. So the MSRP changes even if the original ordered was for the older price? I did not expect this.

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
Build date 1/31 (ordered 8/16/21). Just got my vin in email from Ford... and my order now shows a $2000 price increase! GT Rapid Red. Does anyone know if Ford will honor the order price?

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
Thanks Roz - that thread seems to be leaning toward honoring the original price. I checked, and I do have a signed order at the lower price. Hopefully this locked me in!
That’s great, they will probably honor it then. I’m kicking myself in the butt for not insisting on a pricing agreement when I ordered, I thought “no ADM, X-plan accepted” was sufficient… ?

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
That’s great, they will probably honor it then. I’m kicking myself in the butt for not insisting on a pricing agreement when I ordered, I thought “no ADM, X-plan accepted” was sufficient… ?
My family used to own a Lincoln dealership. I remember that the regional manager has a lot of power in these situations. Perhaps you should reach out to him or her.

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reactions: roz

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
My family used to own a Lincoln dealership. I remember that the regional manager has a lot of power in these situations. Perhaps you should reach out to him or her.
Thanks, I'll try reaching out. My sales guy said unfortunately they can't honor the original price because the price increase means that Ford will be charging the dealership more too. Not sure if that is true or not. Just ridiculous to me how I've been waiting for months to avoid ADM only for Ford to bump up the price a few weeks before production. Sigh.

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
Thanks, I'll try reaching out. My sales guy said unfortunately they can't honor the original price because the price increase means that Ford will be charging the dealership more too. Not sure if that is true or not. Just ridiculous to me how I've been waiting for months to avoid ADM only for Ford to bump up the price a few weeks before production. Sigh.
Read through this thread over on the Blue Oval Forms
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70860-ford-retail-price-increases/

The topic starter works for a Ford Dealership in the NY area.
PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to December 8, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.
Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021.
• Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.
If your order was in prior to the price increase you should be good. It does say orders need to be signed and dated, but I think it also applies online orders, since the MME has a slightly different process than most other vehicles.

EDIT: Updated link

Last edited:
Reactions: roz

Pidg133

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select Rapid red & ordered 2022 GT Ice Blue
Country flag
I got pushed back to 1/31 from 1/24.. not too upset considering I only ordered in November ?

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
My build date got changed to 2/14 from 1/31 and got a price increase. So the MSRP changes even if the original ordered was for the older price? I did not expect this.
Does anybody in here have a signed sales agreement when you went to see the fleet manager at your destination dealership. If so, your good to go. I got my in black and white with the fleet managers signature on it as well. Considering I ordered the car on 12/4 with my 500 deposit and went to sign the sales agreement on 12/8 the day of the price increase. Asked my fleet manager that the deposit locks in the price when I ordered the car, his response was "yes". Tho I have been reading other posts in this forum that dealerships are honoring the old price and some aren't. Ford did release an email to all dealerships last week on how some dealerships are tarnishing the Ford name by gauging prices and giving horrible customer service. Hopefully they will listen to Ford Motor CO headquarters and not go Anti-consumer on us. I wish all luck on getting the car you want and what they were QUOTED you for it. DON'T GIVE UP!!
? and FYI got the GT PE Space White with all the bells and whistles.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1/31 Build Week gang 20211208_192508
Sponsored