Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
I think it is a supply chain delay with the final carrier. There is such a shortage of truckers, and more quit daily. The carrier (United Road) has assigned a load order number to my delivery, and I look at it as they process these in order of priority.

CSX is the rail, United Road is the carrier. JAX Moncreif yard has more storage than MIA. When my load number is closer, they will send the car from JAX to Miami - 1 day of travel. Its probably another week before my number comes up. It's all connected (intermodal).
How did you find out all this stuff? Last I heard mine was leaving MX on 3/8. Email says at dealer 4/14-4/20. When I ask the dealer they just quote me what I have in the email. Also Ford Relations Dept and the online chat. Hope it's not still in KC (or Greensboro-thanks to the forum for the delivery route) waiting on a carrier.
Sponsored

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
I am so pissed off right now. My original delivery date was in March. Now we are in May at the earliest. Everything looked like we were on track for this week. I wound up selling my trade based on the timeline and literally hours after Ford bumped me. That's frustrating but not enough to be upset over. What really upsets me is that I ordered on 8/20/21 for a 2021 model year. At the time Ford had a $2,500 options rebate in place and a 2.25% rate. Ford rolled me to a 22. My order date updated to 9/27/2021. On that date there was no incentives for the 2022. Since that is the new incentive protection date I am essentially unprotected to changes in incentives. The options bonus cash has now been reduced to $500 and the rate has increased to 2.74% So basically my reward for being jacked around by Ford for months is pay $2000 more for the car and more for the financing. But the dealers are the crooks right? I should have bought a Tesla at least they honor their word. I am so pissed I dont even want the car anymore. I'm still going to buy it, but i am immediately selling it, I have been a Ford supporter for 25 years and never expected this treatment.
I'm really sorry about this for you. I've not been a Ford customer for the last 16 years but got really excited about the Mach-e after researching and then driving one for a 24-hour loan period. Then I found out that dealer was unscrupulous, so I ordered with another. My salesman got let-go two weeks ago, but the new guy swears all the deal is still in place. I hope they are not liars. It was a dealer placed order and not a reservation. I ordered on 8/4 and had it converted as well. If people get a truly bad taste in their mouths about this experience, hopefully it will bleed over to the Lightning. Ford will get what's coming to them by not managing the damage fall-out! If they screw this up I will NEVER be a Ford customer again. I hope someone from @Ford Motor Company is monitoring these forums and understands the huge potential fallout it will generate. I'll go back to Tesla or maybe the EV6.

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
From my experience, the vehicle showed up at the dealer on Day 2 of the quoted window from the ford email. I tracked the vehicle to KC via Palsapp, then neither I nor the dealer had further updates. It just showed up in NC during the window. Dealer had no other or better info than I had. So if your window opens on 14 April, I would prepare for a call or text from the dealer next week. Also, price protection was automatic, so no fighting over that either.

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
From my experience, the vehicle showed up at the dealer on Day 2 of the quoted window from the ford email. I tracked the vehicle to KC via Palsapp, then neither I nor the dealer had further updates. It just showed up in NC during the window. Dealer had no other or better info than I had. So if your window opens on 14 April, I would prepare for a call or text from the dealer next week. Also, price protection was automatic, so no fighting over that either.
My window was (and still is) March 24-30. Both Ford and dealer confirm it is sitting in a transfer yard in Jacksonville since 3/10. Per Ford - The carrier (CSX for Florida) estimates it will leave JAX on 4/15. We will see.

nhammerschmidt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1/31 Build Week gang 15D62AA9-C4B6-4F3F-9E61-D6CE127D988A

My daughter has soccer today and Ohio Assembly is a 10 min detour. This is my Mach-E sitting in a holding yard 30 feet from me and 65 miles from my house. Less than 200 yards from a Jack Cooper terminal. At least it doesn’t look like it’s damaged.

pingpongchamp

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Premium AWD
Occupation
Highway Ranger
Country flag
It’s possible I’m less than a month away from delivery…I can’t wait!!!!!!

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for sharing that. It would be awesome to get a call this week. Hopefully the transit group is solid going to the NC area. At least it's almost here, though.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't find the exact link, but I seem to remember an email from Ford when my order was confirmed that had a link to get an estimate for installing a charge station.

It was an online estimate - they asked where the charger would go, where the electric panel was, and measurements. Installation was from a Ford partner.

The estimate was around $1500 and included a non-Ford brand. (Ford charging stations are getting poor reviews on these threads).

I ended up doing it myself with help from an electrician friend, but my final cost came in at around $1100 so I did not save that much. The wire alone was about $300!

Check out your old Ford emails or maybe someone else on this group has the link.
Yeah I have all that info on how to install it. Plus I get a rebate for having it installed. I have to order the station as the dealer does not have them in stock.

rnmutt

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Picked up my MME 4/11/22. The dealer did accept my x-plan after all. They also applied the $750, 2021 to 2022 order change price adjustment that Ford had sent via email. They were familiar with the Ford Price Protection plan but their sales manager claimed my price protection was only the $750 that Ford had already sent to me. It was an interesting process getting to the final price but in the end it did bring the price closer to my original order price back in July 2021.

They also had a dealer MME they were selling. The sales guy told me they were getting $15K over MSRP on their "in stock" MME's and having no issue selling within days. No evidence other than his word but there were people there taking it for a test drive when I was picking up my vehicle.

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
Picked up my MME 4/11/22. The dealer did accept my x-plan after all. They also applied the $750, 2021 to 2022 order change price adjustment that Ford had sent via email. They were familiar with the Ford Price Protection plan but their sales manager claimed my price protection was only the $750 that Ford had already sent to me. It was an interesting process getting to the final price but in the end it did bring the price closer to my original order price back in July 2021.

They also had a dealer MME they were selling. The sales guy told me they were getting $15K over MSRP on their "in stock" MME's and having no issue selling within days. No evidence other than his word but there were people there taking it for a test drive when I was picking up my vehicle.
My dealer first tried to say the same thing - that the $750 was the only price protection. I pushed him to call his rep and sent him the Ford PP memo (found throughout these threads). After 3 calls to the rep over as many days, he confirmed I would get a $2000 reduction to bring me back to the (2022) order price.

dbender49

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT on order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I pushed him to call his rep and sent him the Ford PP memo (found throughout these threads).
Could someone provide a link to this memo? I found many instances of “price protection”, but not the memo.

Duane

rmillis

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hi All, I got the tracking number from Ford Live Chat and called the number to get more information for tracking purposes. "Railcar # TTGX706968 (Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co ) Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS."

When I called CSX and got additional tracking information, they mentioned Birmingham, AL as the destination on March 16th at 2:18 PM. Did my Mustang go from Mexico to Alabama, or did it go from Mexico to Kansas City? This is just confusing for me, and I'm trying to coordinate the delivery with my work schedule (I travel a lot for work). PalsApp tracking showed this:

"AsnDate": "/Date(1643257479992)/",
"BayedDate": "/Date(1648055880000)/",
"DealerName": "ARGENTINE RAMP",
"DeliveryDate": "/Date(1648123680000)/",
"Description": "Delivered on <br />Mar 24 2022",
"Destination": "KANSAS CITY, KS",
"DestinationId": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
"DestinationType": null,
"DispatchedDate": null,
"PairedDate": "/Date(1648123625104)/",
"DocumentCount": 0,
"FreightId": "1363877210",
"LoadId": null,
"Origin": "Kansas City",
"OriginId": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
"OriginType": null,
"TripNumber": "1362083023",
"VehicleStatus": "Delivered",
"VinNumber": "3FMTK3SU1NMA13316",
"DocumentList": null,
"RelayInformation": null,
"ShippingNoteId": "34de1bcf-ef64-4a6f-a041-f1d6f0965309"

My delivery window is April 15th-21st in the Houston area. I just found it odd that the Mustang would go from Kansas City to Birmingham, AL and then head west to Houston. Or maybe it went from Mexico to Alabama which would be even stranger... I'm honestly hoping my delivery is delayed slightly until April 22nd due to a bonus check on the way and a weekend to pick up on an off day.
Sponsored