ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
Round 3 - financing. OMG! They had to relearn Ford Options but forgot the Private Offer $750 for 2021-22 change and added another bogus $499 tag transfer fee. Got them to remove the fee, but the $750 would not apply to options plans for some reason. Called Ford, the specific deparent is gone home for holiday weekend. F and I guy made a note in system and will address next week. I will of course "write a strongly worded letter!" 😛

In the end, we are done (6 hours) and takin' her home!

20220415_184149.jpg
Round 4 - Not over yet! Realized after balancing the term sheet to the financing paperwork that they forgot to apply my deposit, and there is a mysterious $400 price difference (plus the missing $750 model year change money mentioned before). So - back to the GMs office tomorrow! Sigh...

@Ford Motor Company - cannot wait until you get your dealers trained on Ford Options, price protection, and private money offers. My family owned a Lincoln-Mercury dealership and we would have never pulled this BS. Love the car - Mustang #8 - but sadly, I think this will be my last Ford.

Last edited:

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Round 4 - Not over yet! Realized after balancing the term sheet to the financing paperwork that they forgot to apply my deposit, and there is a mysterious $400 price difference (plus the missing $750 model year change money mentioned before). So - back to the GMs office tomorrow! Sigh...

@Ford - cannot wait until you get your dealers trained on Ford Options, price protection, and private money offers. My family owned a Lincoln-Mercury dealership and we would have never pulled this BS. Love the car - Mustang #8 - but sadly, I think this will be my last Ford.
The deposit was handled outside the transaction in my experience. That is, the sale triggered Ford corporate to refund my credit card. So, I paid the dealer for the car without the $500 in the equation and Ford re-credited my credit card.

My dealer was a straight shooter. No games, price protection applied automatically and no add ons. A super pleasant and professional experience. I hope your deposit comes back the same way. 👍💰

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I completed my purchase on March 23rd. I still don't have my $500 deposit. Some of the dealers really have no idea how to handle online orders.

nhammerschmidt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4
Country flag

@Ford - cannot wait until you get your dealers trained on Ford Options, price protection, and private money offers. My family owned a Lincoln-Mercury dealership and we would have never pulled this BS. Love the car - Mustang #8 - but sadly, I think this will be my last Ford.
My dealer could not figure out where the deposit money went when I initially ordered. They just logged into my reservation and refunded the deposit to my original credit card.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any update on your ETA or price protection? My dealer call with a 4-28 expected delivery. not sure how be knows that far in advance.
My dealer pretty much said “yup it is expected to be in Folsom between 4/28-5/4, and will call back this Wednesday with an update”. Asked about the price protection again and said he will talk with his manager. I am hoping to hear something positive this week! We leave for a small 4 day vacation on May 5th to the 9th, so my luck it will show up that weekend.

mep1952

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium space white rr drive, extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer pretty much said “yup it is expected to be in Folsom between 4/28-5/4, and will call back this Wednesday with an update”. Asked about the price protection again and said he will talk with his manager. I am hoping to hear something positive this week! We leave for a small 4 day vacation on May 5th to the 9th, so my luck it will show up that weekend.
I found someone else on this forum that ordered from the same dealer as I did. He called Ford chat today and was told 4-27 was his expected delivery. I would think mines on the train as well as probably yours. I found another person on this forum that bought through Folsom Lake Ford and he said he was able to get the price protection. Have you made any headway on that issue with your dealer?

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
How many folks are left from this build week who are still waiting?
Still waiting. Stopped by the dealer on Saturday to look around in case it got dropped off and didn't get notified. Nothing. Saw the Sales Manager outside and talked to him. He asked what my window was (4/14-4/20) and he said it would probably be the 20th. Said I would know before he did. How can my email get to me before the carrier drives onto the lot? Just not real impressed with Ford or their dealers. But the car will be worth it! I believe....

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
So glad to hear that it turned out well. Did you buy the oil change package that F&I tries to sell you at the end. 🤣. Mine tried….but I think he was genuinely ignorant about electric cars. I was his first.
Hope you were gentle with him... 😉

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Got an email today from Ford….you know the updates that we all know and love…..that said my car was built and shipped. Will arrive in late May……funny thing is that I got the car in March. 😂Anyone else get similar? Even the window sticker was updated. Puzzling. Maybe I got ‘twins’. 👍💰

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Got an email today from Ford….you know the updates that we all know and love…..that said my car was built and shipped. Will arrive in late May……funny thing is that I got the car in March. 😂Anyone else get similar? Even the window sticker was updated. Puzzling. Maybe I got ‘twins’. 👍💰
Could be interesting if they made two cars with the same VIN.

maximus646

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Flex Limited
Occupation
IT
Country flag
3 hours at the dealer, but she is home. Dealer tried to charge me $500 for doc fees, so I had to explain the X-Plan to them. Also tried to add on some pulse light thing, so, as always, make sure you check them line-by-line.

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpg

baff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
3 hours at the dealer, but she is home. Dealer tried to charge me $500 for doc fees, so I had to explain the X-Plan to them. Also tried to add on some pulse light thing, so, as always, make sure you check them line-by-line.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1/31 Build Week gang MicrosoftTeams-image (4)
Anyone know what doc fees should be without x-plan? Or is it one of those charge what they want options?