Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Flex Limited
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Anyone know what doc fees should be without x-plan? Or is it one of those charge what they want options?
They had $499 on mine before I had them change it.

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
Anyone know what doc fees should be without x-plan? Or is it one of those charge what they want options?
My dealer charges $999 doc fees, $299 for some fancy paint protection, $399 for wheel locks, $499 title transfer fee. All are bogus profit grabs!

These fees are in addition to state required transfer fees and doc stamp taxes.

On top.of this, other than the $999 doc fee, they argued that the X plan does not limit the remaining fees. I did finally get them removed by threatening to take it up with Ford regarding X plan rules. I feel removing these added another $2200 to my savings.

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
My dealer charges $999 doc fees, $299 for some fancy paint protection, $399 for wheel locks, $499 title transfer fee. All are bogus profit grabs!

These fees are in addition to state required transfer fees and doc stamp taxes.

On top.of this, other than the $999 doc fee, they argued that the X plan does not limit the remaining fees. I did finally get them removed by threatening to take it up with Ford regarding X plan rules. I feel removing these added another $2200 to my savings.
By the way. Violation of the X plan rules can result in Ford charging back the commission, refunding and charging back to bogus fees, and fining the dealer $250 per violation, and potentially canceling their participation in all the AXZ programs. Here are some teeth!

a22matic

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
They had $699 on mine before I pointed it out and they changed it to $100.

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
Those are some ridiculous doc fees. Thankfully my dealer only charged $85. Seems like this fee is just totally made up.

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
I think my doc fees were $80. They did try to add in the vin etching but it showed up as optional. I said no obvi.

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
Iā€™ve had the car for 2 weeks now, here are my thoughts/experience so far.

The good:
- Car is overall amazing. Iā€™ve put in almost 700 miles and spent $4 total in charging fees, I usually charge for free at work or at the shopping center across the street from my place
- Weather has been great in SoCal, getting 3.5-3.7mi/kWh
- I got the front windows tinted days after delivery. Huge difference in heat reduction
- Car gets a lot of attention from strangers. Mostly good feedback, some interesting looks
- I applied the matte screen protector by theOCDplug, not sure if I like it yet but it does help a lot with fingerprints. I may buy the one for the instrument cluster as well since the brightness/resolution no longer matches with the main screen and itā€™s driving me crazy

The bad:
- Bluecruise/lane keeping assist does seem to hug the right side of the lane- a little unnerving to use unless Iā€™m on the rightmost lane. Also, I donā€™t like how sudden the car accelerates/decelerates whenever cars move in and out in front of me
- I found a hairline scratch on the windshield and another on the glass roof, both on the inside. Contacted my dealership but havenā€™t heard back yet
- There is a rattle on the right side of the car whenever I go over bumpy roads, I havenā€™t figured out yet where itā€™s coming from as I mostly drive solo, so itā€™s driving me crazy
- Swirls all over the door pillars. Piano black trim is rough.
- Park assist is finicky, I gave up trying after a couple of times with no luck
- I got a ā€œreverse collision assist not availableā€ error a week or so ago and it lasted a couple of days. Turned it off in the settings, drove it for another couple days, turned it back on and it seems to work now
- Driver profiles donā€™t always work and reverts back to guest if I use remote start
- PAAK and walk away lock works about 90% of the time. I carry my fob with me at all times
- If Iā€™m walking to my car and heading directly to the hatch (not opening any other door), the hatch doesnā€™t always unlock even if I have my phone and the fob with me
- Frunk makes a weird noise if I open it through FordPass. It seems fine if pull the lever manually from inside the car

Did I mention Iā€™ve only spent $4 on ā€œgasā€ over the course of 700 miles? šŸ˜† Amazing

Last edited:

Homer007

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium Ext AWD
Country flag

The good:
- Car is overall amazing. Iā€™ve put in almost 700 miles and spent $4 total in charging fees, I usually charge for free at work or at the shopping center across the street from my place
- I got the front windows tinted days after delivery. Huge difference in heat reduction
- Car gets a lot of attention from strangers. Mostly good feedback, some interesting looks
- I applied the matte screen protector by theOCDplug, not sure if I like it yet but it does help a lot with fingerprints. I may buy the one for the instrument cluster as well since the brightness/resolution no longer matches with the main screen and itā€™s driving me crazy

The bad:
- Bluecruise/lane keeping assist does seem to hug the right side of the lane- a little unnerving to use unless Iā€™m on the rightmost lane. Also, I donā€™t like how sudden the car accelerates/decelerates whenever cars move in and out in front of me
- I found a hairline scratch on the windshield and another on the glass roof, both on the inside. Contacted my dealership but havenā€™t heard back yet
- There is a rattle on the right side of the car whenever I go over bumpy roads, I havenā€™t figured out yet where itā€™s coming from as I mostly drive solo, so itā€™s driving me crazy
- I got a ā€œreverse collision assist not availableā€ error a week or so ago and it lasted a couple of days. Turned it off in the settings, drove it for another couple days, turned it back on and it seems to work now
- Driver profiles donā€™t always work and reverts back to guest if I use remote start
- PAAK and walk away lock works about 90% of the time. I carry my fob with me at all times
- If Iā€™m walking to my car and heading directly to the hatch (not opening any other door), the hatch doesnā€™t always unlock even if I have my phone and the fob with me
- Frunk makes a weird noise if I open it through FordPass. It seems fine if pull the lever manually from inside the car

Did I mention Iā€™ve only spent $4 on ā€œgasā€ over the course of 700 miles? šŸ˜† Amazing
I'm glad to hear you love your car overall roz. I'm still waiting to receive mine out here in El Cajon. I was on vacation last week so was giving them another week before I contact my dealer (again) to get some sort of status.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I found someone else on this forum that ordered from the same dealer as I did. He called Ford chat today and was told 4-27 was his expected delivery. I would think mines on the train as well as probably yours. I found another person on this forum that bought through Folsom Lake Ford and he said he was able to get the price protection. Have you made any headway on that issue with your dealer?
So now I was told my car is in Mexico and will be here in 2-3 weeks!!! Donā€™t know what to believe now. Yes I was told my price is locked in and will be guaranteed. So at least I have that.

mep1952

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium space white rr drive, extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So now I was told my car is in Mexico and will be here in 2-3 weeks!!! Donā€™t know what to believe now. Yes I was told my price is locked in and will be guaranteed. So at least I have that.
Great you got price protection resolved. Doesn't make sense it's still in Mexico. That would be a bummer. My window is 4-27 to 5-3. My dealer most recently said it'll probably be 5-3 as it has to go to Bencia. I have no idea. It'll show up when id does, I guess.

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
I'm glad to hear you love your car overall roz. I'm still waiting to receive mine out here in El Cajon. I was on vacation last week so was giving them another week before I contact my dealer (again) to get some sort of status.
I totally feel you. The wait (and stress and frustration) is so worth it! Hope you get an update soon- if you made it out of KC it should take no longer than 2 weeks to be delivered to your dealer.

Homer007

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I totally feel you. The wait (and stress and frustration) is so worth it! Hope you get an update soon- if you made it out of KC it should take no longer than 2 weeks to be delivered to your dealer.
Not in my case unfortunately. It was delivered to the Argentine Ramp (According to Palsapp) back on 3/22. Contacted my dealer at that point and was told they expect it 4/4-4/9. Tried ford chat on 4/8... Got a railcar number for Burlington Northern & Santa Fe, and that the ETA was 4/12-4/18. Still no car. It's funny, I've been waiting since 7/19/2021 and these last 4 weeks have been the LONGEST, lol.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag

The good:

The bad:

In regards to the pillars, I picked this baby up:

https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/2...medium=email&utm_source=customer_notification

I heard great things about them and the radio screen protector also.

Reactions: roz

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
I'm late posting this, but my dealer salesperson called me mid-morning on 4/20 and said my car had arrived. Last day of my window. Finally! I was so excited to finally have her here! We went out that afternoon to finish the deal. We actually took an Uber because my wife said she wanted to watch my face when I was driving it home, she was so excited for me. The drive home brought back all the reasons I bought the Mach-e in the first place. WOW! So excited! Here is a pic of her (the car).
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1/31 Build Week gang HORSE-E1
Sponsored