Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
I have to say the dealership experience was great. And that's saying something for a guy who gets that pit-of-the-stomach feeling every time he walks on a car lot. I usually call them Stealerships. My new salesperson was much more engaged than the first guy. He's gone.

First, we hit a roadblock because I financed some of the car. When he tried to run credit reports it blocked it. I was so excited I forgotten I had freezes on all credit agencies, so I have to unlock them to pull credit. I couldn't get the one they use to unlock. Talk about frustrated! He simply said he was going to put a dealer tag on my car, and we could take her home. I could get things unlocked and come back the next day.

Also, the price on the car invoice was the latest sticker, which was about $3000 higher than the earlier protected price. When I pointed it out, he immediately went to the sales manager and had it fixed to the original price. They both apologized for the mistake. No dock fee other than the destination and delivery $1100 on the original invoice. No pressure or gimmicks from the finance guy either. All in all, I couldn't have asked for better. By the way, they are Ken Wilson Ford in Candler NC. I'd recommend them to anyone!
Sponsored

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
I'm late posting this, but my dealer salesperson called me mid-morning on 4/20 and said my car had arrived. Last day of my window. Finally! I was so excited to finally have her here! We went out that afternoon to finish the deal. We actually took an Uber because my wife said she wanted to watch my face when I was driving it home, she was so excited for me. The drive home brought back all the reasons I bought the Mach-e in the first place. WOW! So excited! Here is a pic of her (the car).
HORSE-E1.jpg
So far, for me, it was worth that long wait!

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great you got price protection resolved. Doesn't make sense it's still in Mexico. That would be a bummer. My window is 4-27 to 5-3. My dealer most recently said it'll probably be 5-3 as it has to go to Bencia. I have no idea. It'll show up when id does, I guess.
Yeah my salesman is not very smart. I got the email saying it has been shipped and it is scheduled between 4/28-5/4. One day after yours. So we must be in the same train.

pingpongchamp

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Premium AWD
Occupation
Highway Ranger
Country flag
Mine arrived yesterday at the dealership. They downloaded and installed a bunch of updates last night and hoping to go pick it up tonight after work!! Salesman sent photos: It’s got 11.8 miles on it, I guess from all the shuttling around just fyi: ordered 8/29 , built 2/4 , arrived 4/22
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1/31 Build Week gang 17633003-D403-4BDC-883D-8D845212F8C8
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1/31 Build Week gang 27AB9233-4C69-4638-B13E-A607F17EDF9D

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
I have to say the dealership experience was great. And that's saying something for a guy who gets that pit-of-the-stomach feeling every time he walks on a car lot. I usually call them Stealerships. My new salesperson was much more engaged than the first guy. He's gone.

First, we hit a roadblock because I financed some of the car. When he tried to run credit reports it blocked it. I was so excited I forgotten I had freezes on all credit agencies, so I have to unlock them to pull credit. I couldn't get the one they use to unlock. Talk about frustrated! He simply said he was going to put a dealer tag on my car, and we could take her home. I could get things unlocked and come back the next day.

Also, the price on the car invoice was the latest sticker, which was about $3000 higher than the earlier protected price. When I pointed it out, he immediately went to the sales manager and had it fixed to the original price. They both apologized for the mistake. No dock fee other than the destination and delivery $1100 on the original invoice. No pressure or gimmicks from the finance guy either. All in all, I couldn't have asked for better. By the way, they are Ken Wilson Ford in Candler NC. I'd recommend them to anyone!
I'm flying to NC next time!

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
From the thread postings out of NC, I would agree with you….all that I am aware of here in NC seemed to have positive experiences 👍.

mep1952

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium space white rr drive, extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah my salesman is not very smart. I got the email saying it has been shipped and it is scheduled between 4/28-5/4. One day after yours. So we must be in the same train.
I would think it's close. PINGPONGCHAMP just took delivery of his Premium down in Bakersfield today. Ordered same time and built same week as mine. I'm thinking end of this coming week or 1st part of the next week.

UCF_2004

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium Star White
Country flag
I would think it's close. PINGPONGCHAMP just took delivery of his Premium down in Bakersfield today. Ordered same time and built same week as mine. I'm thinking end of this coming week or 1st part of the next week.
I ordered 8/24/21 was in this build group and even though my premium shipped on 3/15, it did not make the initial delivery window of 4/9-4/15. My dealer just checked today and all it says is in transit delay. ETA 5/13-5/19. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order of deliver. Their logistics are a complete mess.

mep1952

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium space white rr drive, extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered 8/24/21 was in this build group and even though my premium shipped on 3/15, it did not make the initial delivery window of 4/9-4/15. My dealer just checked today and all it says is in transit delay. ETA 5/13-5/19. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order of deliver. Their logistics are a complete mess.
Yea, you're in Florida, I have no idea time frame for Florida. I see some of the post here that says some go by boat to Florida. That probably throws more uncertainly into the mix. I've found a couple of other orders on this tread that were ordered about the same time, built the same week and are almost identical orders. We're with-in 100 miles of each other and all with anticipated delivery of 4-27 to 5-3 We think we are probably on the same train. We're waiting to see who gets the first call.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There was a large shipment by boat in your timeframe. Many of them are in Jax awaiting truck delivery. From the gist of the comments there is some kind of delay (driver/trucks/?). There was a list of the vehicles that was available in one of the Jan threads. It also appears the people’s who’s vehicle were sent by boat shipping data was in limbo and it was only someone contacting a higher-up at Ford that the found out they had been moved to a ship versus regular rail method. My thought is their is no feed from ocean travel into the Ford system which is why so many ended in a reporting limbo. Check the threads and perhaps yours is one of the vehicles in the log jam in Jax.

UCF_2004

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium Star White
Country flag
There was a large shipment by boat in your timeframe. Many of them are in Jax awaiting truck delivery. From the gist of the comments there is some kind of delay (driver/trucks/?). There was a list of the vehicles that was available in one of the Jan threads. It also appears the people’s who’s vehicle were sent by boat shipping data was in limbo and it was only someone contacting a higher-up at Ford that the found out they had been moved to a ship versus regular rail method. My thought is their is no feed from ocean travel into the Ford system which is why so many ended in a reporting limbo. Check the threads and perhaps yours is one of the vehicles in the log jam in Jax.
It’s on rail. Was confirmed to be at the Norfolk Southern Ramp in Kansas back on 3/31 by PalsApp and Ford Chat. I just think they have more cars than available space on trains but don’t seem to load the trains in order either.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s on rail. Was confirmed to be at the Norfolk Southern Ramp in Kansas back on 3/31 by PalsApp and Ford Chat. I just think they have more cars than available space on trains but don’t seem to load the trains in order either.
It does seem to take awhile. Mine took 30 days from arrival at the Argentine ramp to Seattle. Then only 4 days from Seattle to Anchorage Alaska. Hope yours gets to you soon!

TigerJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1 (on order)
Country flag
Did you get to Jax? Mine has the same delivery window, and my dealer is also in central FL. Mine arrived by rail in JAX on Friday.
Sponsored