Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had some custom springs made and spec'd 1.5" drop but it's not nearly as low as I wanted. It's better but not there yet so another set will be made soon. @markboris @rnctacardon
Stock top, lowered bottom
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1628389506210

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1628389516231

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1628389528414

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1628389536956

If somebody with 255/45 and 295/40 tires could measure for comparison that would be amazing.
Rear
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1628389547903

Front
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1628389556711

Another stock height picture, again it's lower but not enough for my liking :)

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had some custom springs made and spec'd 1.5" drop but it's not nearly as low as I wanted. It's better but not there yet so another set will be made soon. @markboris @rnctacardon
Stock top, lowered bottom

If somebody with 255/45 and 295/40 tires could measure for comparison that would be amazing.
Rear
Mike, I have the same 255/45/20 and 295/40/20 tires sizes as you (although mine are Michelin Pilot Sport SUV) and will measure my heights when I get back home on Tuesday. Notice you are in Phoenix and I just arrived here yesterday helping a friend move into his new home in Surprise. I also have been waiting for my lowering springs but have not received them yet.

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
How’s the ride?

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I love those wheels! What are they?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Did it affect the camera or radar system at all? Where did you get this

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Did it affect the camera or radar system at all? Where did you get this
No affect at all, drives stock. I had these springs custom wound by one of my suppliers, I run a very small automotive performance company specializing in ecoboost products. I used them to make drop springs for 18+ Navigators since I had one but the price for a set of springs would be $1000 shipped so they're SUPER pricey but they make them to order vs bulk.

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Stock, same spring rate
At the risk of sounding pedantic, less travel even at the same rate is going to bring the bump stop spring rate into play more frequently. Not sure how large or compliant the OE bump stops are though, so it may only feel like decreased travel if they're small and stiff.

But it sounds like you're going lower? With coilovers? There may be an opportunity there with those suppliers if you can get some vids of ride quality with stock spring rate and damping vs afterwards. With all the complaints about what sounds like underdamped shocks, it sounds like there may be a market there that would exceed the typical track/tuning community.

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
At the risk of sounding pedantic, less travel even at the same rate is going to bring the bump stop spring rate into play more frequently. Not sure how large or compliant the OE bump stops are though, so it may only feel like decreased travel if they're small and stiff.

But it sounds like you're going lower? With coilovers? There may be an opportunity there with those suppliers if you can get some vids of ride quality with stock spring rate and damping vs afterwards. With all the complaints about what sounds like underdamped shocks, it sounds like there may be a market there that would exceed the typical track/tuning community.
Well I guess I lucked out so far, rides great. I do have a set of viking coilovers I could put on the front instead of the struts then swap to a better shock in the rear. I need to take a look and see, the vikings were on my F150 so they should work fine with a mount change.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I may be missing something, but why lower a SUV? Don't you want to maximize ground clearance for an SUV?

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I may be missing something, but why lower a SUV? Don't you want to maximize ground clearance for an SUV?
Nope, we lower things in my family.
The Mach E is my wife's, this is my DD.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1628542988477

Our Navigator we traded in on the Mach E, lowered, murdered out and holds the worlds record for fastest Navigator

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1628545152418

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
This looks fantastic, but I'm a scared little bit*h, and I'd constantly worry about running over some piece of metal in the road or driving over a speed bump that punctures the battery pack. I mean, I'm already worried about that, and I don't even have my MME yet!

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This looks fantastic, but I'm a scared little bit*h, and I'd constantly worry about running over some piece of metal in the road or driving over a speed bump that punctures the battery pack. I mean, I'm already worried about that, and I don't even have my MME yet!
A couple inches lower isn't going to hurt anything or expose you to any more issues.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
A couple inches lower isn't going to hurt anything or expose you to any more issues.
I find a couple of inches lower can expose a lot if it's the wrong couple of inches in the wrong place. I'm on special lists in three states because of that.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Gotta love how well the ecoboost engines respond to mods and a proper tune, very impressive numbers! ? ?
Sponsored