Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So GT and GTPE Springs are the same? Shocks/Dampers are the only difference based on part numbers? How about the Shocks/Dampers between the MME and the GT? Same or different?
Yes the springs for the GT and GTPE are the same part numbers. The shocks/struts for the regular GT and the 4x are different so I assume the GT's are possibly a bit stiffer?
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK so wow, looks like same wire gauge and same number of coils, so spring rate did not get changed. A lot of the time spring shops will keep the same coil angle and reduce the number of coils in order to get the loaded height you want, which increases spring rate. Your guys did exactly as requested. Bravo to them!
Steve, I know this has nothing to do with Mike's springs but when I ordered the standard battery, RWD springs to replace my 4x springs, they were the same height and coil winds. The only difference was they were a thinner gauge steel. I assumed since the std battery, RWD is about 400 lbs less the spring rate would be less. My purpose was to see if I could lower the car while I was waiting for my custom springs to be made. It hardly made a difference but it did make the ride a bit softer. Since I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my custom springs, I ordered GT springs and they will be in next week. Curious to see how different they are from the stock 4x springs. My thought is that they just a bit shorter.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Steve, I know this has nothing to do with Mike's springs but when I ordered the standard battery, RWD springs to replace my 4x springs, they were the same height and coil winds. The only difference was they were a thinner gauge steel. I assumed since the std battery, RWD is about 400 lbs less the spring rate would be less. My purpose was to see if I could lower the car while I was waiting for my custom springs to be made. It hardly made a difference but it did make the ride a bit softer. Since I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my custom springs, I ordered GT springs and they will be in next week. Curious to see how different they are from the stock 4x springs. My thought is that they just a bit shorter.
I’m curious to see the comparison with the GT springs, Mark. Someone in another post said that the GT and GT-PE springs might be the same P/N. Since you ordered your GT springs, do you know if that’s the case?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m curious to see the comparison with the GT springs, Mark. Someone in another post said that the GT and GT-PE springs might be the same P/N. Since you ordered your GT springs, do you know if that’s the case?
Yes that was me #18 unless someone else also posted that info. I'll take a photo when I get the springs.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, so here are the three different front springs. In the first photo with the two springs, the one on the left is the AWD EX battery spring at 13" tall. The one on the right is the RWD ST battery spring at 12.5" tall and is a slightly thinner wind. The photo with the single spring is the GT, GTPE spring and it is 11.75" tall and slightly thicker than the AWD EX spring. Since the GT spring is 1.25" shorter than the AWD EX spring, and the car is only supposed to drop .5" overall, I would assume this is a higher spring rate (stiffer). I won't be installing these until tomorrow or Sunday, whenever I get a chance, so I will report back then how much the front drops. I won't have the rear springs until Tuesday.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet IMG_4257

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet IMG_5653

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got a chance this afternoon to install the front GT springs. I drove around for about 7 miles or so to get it to settle some. It dropped the front almost 1/2". I honesty did not notice any difference in the ride on the short drive I took but when I went over a small speed bump (in a parking lot) which I drive over all the time, I did notice it was more firm. The rear springs will be in Tuesday and I so will report back on those as soon as I install them.

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What springs are these and how much is the lower from stock? Is this awd with er?
I had the springs custom made for my car, the last set are 1.5/2.25 front rear drop.

Alexb

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, 2018 SC Mustang GT pp1
Country flag
I had the springs custom made for my car, the last set are 1.5/2.25 front rear drop.
Hello, where did you order your custom springs from?
Sponsored