Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had some custom springs made and spec'd 1.5" drop but it's not nearly as low as I wanted. It's better but not there yet so another set will be made soon. @markboris @rnctacardon
Stock top, lowered bottom

1628389516231.png

If somebody with 255/45 and 295/40 tires could measure for comparison that would be amazing.
Mike, here are the measurements of my front 255/45 and rear 295/40 tires = 30 1/4" & 30 3/4"

IMG_5660 (1).jpeg

IMG_5662.jpeg

NZ7_5448D1900.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
After seeing Mark's measurements and confirming on my car these were just stock replacement springs. I should have measured pre/post but I trusted my supplier. Mark and I have the same measurements so my supplier is reviewing and making a new set :( Trial and error but moving forward, can't wait for it to actually be lowered. :)

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mike, I still have not gotten my lowering springs from my supplier yet. Probably same story as your guy and they tell me a material shortage which I am not sure I believe. I know everything has slowed down because of COVID but sometimes I think people make excuses for what they don't have or want to do.

Anyway, I ordered the GT springs today knowing the height will be a bit shorter (.5") than with our stock springs and hoping they are a bit stiffer too. There was no difference between GT and GT/PE springs just so you know.

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Mike, I still have not gotten my lowering springs from my supplier yet. Probably same story as your guy and they tell me a material shortage which I am not sure I believe. I know everything has slowed down because of COVID but sometimes I think people make excuses for what they don't have or want to do.

Anyway, I ordered the GT springs today knowing the height will be a bit shorter (.5") than with our stock springs and hoping they are a bit stiffer too. There was no difference between GT and GT/PE springs just so you know.
Mine are arriving tomorrow, should have been here Sat but Fedex :(
I will compare to stock first and then do the rears myself and then pull the front struts and swap the springs this weekend. Should be fun.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
New springs are definitely shorter compared to stock, have an appointment Friday to get everything installed.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
New springs are definitely shorter compared to stock, have an appointment Friday to get everything installed.
Any change in wire diameter or number of coils?

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Any change in wire diameter or number of coils?
I'll take a picture shortly. I asked for the same spring rate as the car was already pretty stiff, I don't think the drop will impact it that much but we'll find out. :)

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
So GT and GTPE Springs are the same? Shocks/Dampers are the only difference based on part numbers? How about the Shocks/Dampers between the MME and the GT? Same or different?

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So GT and GTPE Springs are the same? Shocks/Dampers are the only difference based on part numbers? How about the Shocks/Dampers between the MME and the GT? Same or different?
No idea on that one, I gave my company that factory part number for my Premium Mach E AWD extended battery and said make front 1.5" lower and rear 2.25" lower but keep the factory spring rate.
Hopefully I'll have good pictures this weekend after they're installed of the drop.

OP
OP
mtxpert

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Stock springs middle (dirty) right 2 springs are front for the strut, left two springs are rear.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1630527132253

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are right Mike, that is quite a difference in spring height. It will definitely drop you car quite a bit. Can't wait to see the final product.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Stock springs middle (dirty) right 2 springs are front for the strut, left two springs are rear.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1.5" lowering springs came in, not quite low enough yet 1630527132253
OK so wow, looks like same wire gauge and same number of coils, so spring rate did not get changed. A lot of the time spring shops will keep the same coil angle and reduce the number of coils in order to get the loaded height you want, which increases spring rate. Your guys did exactly as requested. Bravo to them!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Pfff, like people drive their SUVs in the dirt...
Dirt, mud, sand, water… My Blazer has seen all of that and more. My MME will probably see only see asphalt, tarmac, and concrete.
Sponsored