Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E AWD SR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This has now happened 4 or 5 times in 3 months of owning the car, twice yesterday: driving at a steady speed of 60mph on the motorway / highway in Whisper Mode, no cruise control in use, 1-Pedal Drive turns itself off. The icon on the bottom of the IPC disappears and the driver feels the car change behaviour / feel as 1-Pedal Drive is no longer active. Checking the vehicle controls shows the setting still set to ON as seen in the attached photo. Turning that onscreen control OFF and then ON again while driving has no effect. The only way we have found to get 1-Pedal Drive back is to bring the vehicle to a halt, shift to N or P, and then 1-Pedal Drive will immediately re-engage. No error or informational message is displayed at any time.

Mustang Mach E AWD, Standard Range, UK spec, MY 2022 built 15 Jan 2022

I do have some safety concerns about this behaviour: the second time this happened I was not aware 1-Pedal Drive had disengaged itself, I turned off the motorway / highway onto the slip road / off ramp, lifted my foot from the pedal to decelerate but got no deceleration. This was pretty disconcerting as it was not the expected behaviour of the vehicle. I used the brake pedal to bring the vehicle to a safe stop. I am now starting to not trust the vehicle to decelerate when I lift the pedal and keep glancing at the IPC to check the icon. It feels like the beginning of my losing confidence in the vehicle which is not good.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and if there is anything I can do about it other than report it to my dealer?

One pedal driving disengaged.jpg
Sponsored

DorothyMacaw

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 murano
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have had this happen to me 3 times in six months. It has only happened when I leave my house. One pedal works in reverse and when I start downhill from my house in 1/2 a block I can feel the car start to coast and get this message. I pull over to the curb and cycle the car off and back an on I am back to One pedal driving. I can't duplicate the problem, so a mystery what is going on.

I have never had it happen at any other time than the beginning of a drive.

It is just one of those things that happens, when you are a Beta Tester of a new product. Hopefully by the 2024 Mach-e the bugs will have been worked out.

IMG_4519.jpeg

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Have you setup driver profiles? It seems you haven’t, based on the picture. I would set up a driver profile and see if that fixes it.

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
This exact thing happened to me for the first time yesterday after pulling out of my driveway (same exact message). A power cycle fixed it but … no sir, I don’t like it. I do have a profile set up.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
This exact thing happened to me for the first time yesterday after pulling out of my driveway (same exact message). A power cycle fixed it but … no sir, I don’t like it. I do have a profile set up.
Was it charged to 100% by the chance?

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Negative. It was after a normal at-home overnight charging session to 90%. My car has been acting weird lately though, I might be crazy but I swear the walk-away lock only fires 2/3 of the time, it plays the menu light mode chimes sometimes even though I always have it set to dark mode, it gets stuck in Engage and won’t let me put it back to Unbridled unless I go to Whisper first.. and now this yesterday.

… And yet I’m still over the moon with the car and would buy it 10/10 times all over again. Hopefully these are software kinks that get ironed out sooner than later, and there’s nothing actually up with my car. It feels like running a public beta of iOS sometimes :p

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
Did you see an icon indicating you had received an OTA update? My 1PD was disengaged after an update recently and it scared the daylights out of me when approaching an intersection… love my baby but he does some silly things at times

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn’t see the update icon - I haven’t actually received any updates since I got mine at the end of April. It came already updated through Blue Cruise (build date 2/22). I got the email confirmation and enrolled into the early access program last week, which makes me wonder if overlooked any update icon appearances… I don’t think so though.

OP
OP
cyberman

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had this happen to me 3 times in six months. It has only happened when I leave my house. One pedal works in reverse and when I start downhill from my house in 1/2 a block I can feel the car start to coast and get this message. I pull over to the curb and cycle the car off and back an on I am back to One pedal driving. I can't duplicate the problem, so a mystery what is going on.

I have never had it happen at any other time than the beginning of a drive.

It is just one of those things that happens, when you are a Beta Tester of a new product. Hopefully by the 2024 Mach-e the bugs will have been worked out.

IMG_4519.jpeg
Theresa, thanks for sharing your experience of 1-Pedal Drive disengaging itself. Interesting that it always happens to you at the start of a drive. For me it has always happened while cruising on the motorway / highway. Another difference is that I never see any error or informational message from the car. Nothing other than the 1-Pedal Drive icon disappearing from the IPC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberman

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you setup driver profiles? It seems you haven’t, based on the picture. I would set up a driver profile and see if that fixes it.
You're right. I have been driving using the Guest profile as I got in a real mess at the start setting up a profile and phone so gave up and deleted it. However, my wife uses her own profile and this has happened to her just the same while cruising at a steady speed on the motorway / highway. So I don't think it can be as logical as that. But thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
cyberman

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, the car was at 64% State of Charge in the photo above. On the other ocassions it has been just in the middle range of 20 to 80%. I should have stated this in my original post. Sorry.

OP
OP
cyberman

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you see an icon indicating you had received an OTA update? My 1PD was disengaged after an update recently and it scared the daylights out of me when approaching an intersection… love my baby but he does some silly things at times
Good thought but I don't think this is what is going on. The car has not received any OTA update recently. It's not that 1-Pedal Drive was reset to OFF at the start of the drive which would fit with an update resetting some parts of a profile. The issue is that 1-Pedal Drive disengages itself spontaneously and without warning or notification in the middle of driving. But, hey, thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Had you accidentally enabled cruise control?

OP
OP
cyberman

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey Anthony, it's good to know one is not the only person with a problem! However, it's interesting that you get an error message on your IPC just like @DorothyMacaw whereas I just see the 1-Pedal Drive icon disappear from the bottom of the IPC. Can I ask you to try something next time (actually, let's hope there is no next time) it happens to you? Instead of switching the car OFF and then ON, shift into N or P first. Does 1-Pedal Drive come back ON as witnessed by the icon in the IPC?
Thanks and let's keep posting on this issue as it happens.
Has anyone raised this issue with a service department yet?

OP
OP
cyberman

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had you accidentally enabled cruise control?
Another good question. No: cruise control was definitely not engaged, accidentally or on purpose, on any of the 4 or 5 ocassions when this happened. But I appreciate your asking. The Owners Manual, page 224, states using cruise control is one of three situations in which 1-Pedal Drive is unavailable:

Owners Manual 1-Pedal Drive page 224.JPG
Sponsored