1 year from Ford options end - Job 1, now what?

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
I have a big decision coming up in less than 12 months. Ford options (36 mo) is coming to an end. Would like to know what everyone else is doing. Don't need to hear from the flippers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I have a big decision coming up in less than 12 months. Ford options (36 mo) is coming to an end . Would like to know what everyone else is doing. Don't need to hear from the flippers.
My plan is to refinance the balloon.

According to my contract I can refi for up to 36 months (however many months from 1-36 that it takes to keep my monthly payment the same) and I get to keep the same interest rate of 2.25% (super cheap!).

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag

According to my contract I can refi for up to 36 months (however many months from 1-36 that it takes to keep my monthly payment the same) and I get to keep the same interest rate of 2.25% (super cheap!).
Is this in all the Options contracts? I don't have mine to look at currently.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

Really?!? All Options agreements allow this? That would make it a really tough decision since mine is at 1.4%. I mean, I still have about 22 months left on mine, so rates can end up going down by then, but if not, that makes it pretty tough.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Is this in all the Options contracts? I don't have mine to look at currently.
Really?!? All Options agreements allow this? That would make it a really tough decision since mine is at 1.4%. I mean, I still have about 22 months left on mine, so rates can end up going down by then, but if not, that makes it pretty tough.
Check the language on your contract (or balloon addendum). Here's mine, see "Second".

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1 year from Ford options end - Job 1, now what? 1679683668639

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm assuming there is a plan at the 3-year mark to have a new enticing model that people will jump to

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I'm assuming there is a plan at the 3-year mark to have a new enticing model that people will jump to
That refinance option is the plan for a new enticing model. They can get six or seven years of interest payments instead of three or four. I don't recall our Options interest rate off the top of my head, but unless it's very low, we'll probably just pay off the car sooner rather than later. Unfortunately we ended up taking delivery right as interest rates started to climb, so I know it's not as low as it should have been.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That refinance option is the plan for a new enticing model. They can get six or seven years of interest payments instead of three or four. I don't recall our Options interest rate off the top of my head, but unless it's very low, we'll probably just pay off the car sooner rather than later. Unfortunately we ended up taking delivery right as interest rates started to climb, so I know it's not as low as it should have been.
Yeah, I meant a new Mach-E people will jump to, next-gen with more features.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My Options rate is low. I am going to refinance mine when the period is up. 😊🐩

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Yeah, I meant a new Mach-E people will jump to, next-gen with more features.
Ah. Yeah, if that's an option I might consider it, but I bet we end up just paying it off and keeping what we've got. I'm trying to hold out for an EV pickup truck that can tow for longer distances.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately we ended up taking delivery right as interest rates started to climb, so I know it's not as low as it should have been.
But you ordered it in Oct. 21, you can get the rate available when you ordered it or when you bought it, whichever is more favorable.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah. Yeah, if that's an option I might consider it, but I bet we end up just paying it off and keeping what we've got. I'm trying to hold out for an EV pickup truck that can tow for longer distances.
Something the size of the Kia EV9 would be awesome too.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
But you ordered it in Oct. 21, you can get the rate available when you ordered it or when you bought it, whichever is more favorable.
Hmm... If I can work directly with Ford Credit that might work out. But the dealer messed up so much with the financing that we're not interested in spending hours negotiating with them again.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm... If I can work directly with Ford Credit that might work out. But the dealer messed up so much with the financing that we're not interested in spending hours negotiating with them again.
You can't go back and get the rate now, just saying you should have had the chance but sounds like your dealer was a typical slime-fest! Total bummer!
Sponsored