10,000 mile service - is there any value in it?

ProfScrap

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
My car is at 9,500 miles and I get reminders from Ford to schedule the 10,000 mile service.
Given the lack of EV knowledge at the Dealers and the mostly maintenance free architecture of EV's I am wondering if there is any value of that service?

I can look at tires myself, alignment should be fine, but if not I can see it on tire wear. Washer liquid i can refill myself, and brakes have a warning indicator if the pads get low (which should not happen at 10k miles)....

Am I missing something?
Is warranty at risk if not getting the service?
Sponsored

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Honestly it feels like a scam to me. Charged me $35 for tire rotation, which I used my points on. I brought mine in only because I had already scheduled it a while back and not sure if there was anything in the car to reset. There are nothing to reset in the car like my ICE cars. Waited an hour. I bet they did not even get to it until I told them to hurry up. I doubt they did any serious inspection. I would skip my 20K and do the cabin filter myself.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Warranty is not at risk, the big thing for the 10k is the tire rotation.

The main reason I took mine to a dealer for the 10k was so I could have other items fixed that were covered under warranty and they only charge like $29 or something for the 10k service, which does include checking hoses, too. If I didn't have any other items for warranty work, I'd have just taken it to a tire shop for the rotation.

The 20k service, definitely decline the air filter that's overpriced. That one will be probably be like $150 or something ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ProfScrap

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I seems I will call up my buddy that has a 4 point lift, if I can come and visit him....

JDrazMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Star White MME Premium Ext Batt AWD
Country flag
I used my 10K for tire rotation and to get all the software updated. I hadn't had any updates for months because everything froze when they tried to do one. So that was the value for me

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Warranty is not at risk, the big thing for the 10k is the tire alignment.

The main reason I took mine to a dealer for the 10k was so I could have other items fixed that were covered under warranty and they only charge like $29 or something for the 10k service, which does include checking hoses, too. If I didn't have any other items for warranty work, I'd have just taken it to a tire shop for the rotation.

The 20k service, definitely decline the air filter that's overpriced. That one will be probably be like $150 or something ridiculous.
Tire ROTATION. They don't check alignment.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Taking the wife’s car in for the 30K service. Not that it’s anything more than the 10K service. BUT, it’s the last chance to have the dealer inspect it before hitting the end of the warranty. So I’ll let them take a look.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Whenever my car goes in for any reason, they check for and apply updates. So the 10K was a chance to get everything updated. Cost was $14 for the tire rotation.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Hey that's how I got Blue Cruise! Other updates too.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I agree that the tire rotation and software updates are the reason to take it to the dealer at 10k miles.

Also, where else would I spend my FordPass points?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
There aren't any software updates in a typical maintenance visit.
True, but all you have to do is mention any of the many bugs you’re likely experiencing and request they update all available modules.

Downside is they seem to take a week to do that.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
My car is at 9,500 miles and I get reminders from Ford to schedule the 10,000 mile service.
Given the lack of EV knowledge at the Dealers and the mostly maintenance free architecture of EV's I am wondering if there is any value of that service?

I can look at tires myself, alignment should be fine, but if not I can see it on tire wear. Washer liquid i can refill myself, and brakes have a warning indicator if the pads get low (which should not happen at 10k miles)....

Am I missing something?
Is warranty at risk if not getting the service?
check your VIN for any open Recalls..... particularly the HVBJB 'recall' software update if your vehicle build date is in the first 50,000
Sponsored