10,000 mile service necessary with Mach E?

ThunderDome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME First Edition (Grabber Blue)
Country flag
I got a notification from the FordPass app that it is almost time to schedule a 10,000 mile service. Does the Mach E actually need to be brought in at 10,000 miles, or is this just a standard message that FordPass sends to all owners regardless of their type of car?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ThunderDome

ThunderDome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME First Edition (Grabber Blue)
Country flag
Thanks. Cheap tire rotation with points is good with me. But I am one of those people who is going to wait for the OTA on the PAAK update. It has been working OK for me and the chances of the dealer screwing something up are relatively high.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Thanks. Cheap tire rotation with points is good with me. But I am one of those people who is going to wait for the OTA on the PAAK update. It has been working OK for me and the chances of the dealer screwing something up are relatively high.
We have had the car for 2 and 1/2 months now and the only time I have gone back to a dealer for was to get another FOB programmed. I think the dealers need some more time to get up to speed for maintenance and updates to this car!

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Discount Tire does free tire rotations... I haven't paid for one in over a decade.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
I have had mine for 4 months and my 10,0000 mile service is due. Folks here in the MW just drive a lot. ?‍♂

Only taking mine in because of an intermittent 12v battery drain alert. I am a little nervous of the dealer touching my car. Last time I took it in they killed my PaaK, briefly bricked it and caused this alert to start popping.

Thankfully I can take it to another dealer in my area I have a lot more confidence in.

I serviced my Chevy Volt last time in 2014. My BMW I3 last service 2016. No one has had to touch either one in years and years. Changed one cabin interior bulb on the volt. That's it.

This maybe the last time I take my MachE in for service for the next 5-10 years If the past EV experience pans out.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have had mine for 4 months and my 10,0000 mile service is due. Folks here in the MW just drive a lot. ?‍♂

Only taking mine in because of an intermittent 12v battery drain alert. I am a little nervous of the dealer touching my car. Last time I took it in they killed my PaaK, briefly bricked it and caused this alert to start popping.

Thankfully I can take it to another dealer in my area I have a lot more confidence in.

I serviced my Chevy Volt last time in 2014. My BMW I3 last service 2016. No one has had to touch either one in years and years. Changed one cabin interior bulb on the volt. That's it.

This maybe the last time I take my MachE in for service for the next 5-10 years If the past EV experience pans out.
I didn't rotate my tires at 10k but need to do it now at 20k because I can measure the wear difference on the rears. I would've done it last Sunday but it rained that day so I will try again next weekend. I won't take it to the dealer because they will try and install the PaaK recall update and I don't want it to mess up my car. I don't even use PaaK so it doesn't make sense to fix something that I wouldn't use anyway.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
When someone does a tire rotation, do they reinstall the TPMS monitors in the correct tire for it report them correctly?

Just wondering....

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
When someone does a tire rotation, do they reinstall the TPMS monitors in the correct tire for it report them correctly?

Just wondering....
There is a nifty learning procedure Ford uses for this, but I will wait until I take it in for the 10K service and have them do it. I figure that I can figure out which tire has the problem no matter which tire the car thinks it is.

Edit: was misinformed, sensors are self learning, my bad.

Last edited:

machefan2022

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CalRt1
Country flag
There is a nifty learning procedure Ford uses for this, but I will wait until I take it in for the 10K service and have them do it. I figure that I can figure out which tire has the problem no matter which tire the car thinks it is.
I don't believe this is the case, i think the car automatically knows which tire is where based on the sensor signal. Can't say for sure on the Mach-e but my other fords work this way.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I got a notification from the FordPass app that it is almost time to schedule a 10,000 mile service. Does the Mach E actually need to be brought in at 10,000 miles, or is this just a standard message that FordPass sends to all owners regardless of their type of car?

I always rotate my own tires.... but went in at 10k to get the windshield recall taken care of, and CSP21p22 updates installed since it could not be done OTA.

I allowed OTA updates until my HVBJB finally went bad and was replaced (at 18k miles). I've since disabled auto-updates as there are no features/updates I have any interest in, and I'd prefer to have my Sync and Fordpass stuck on a stable build with stable features.

I probably will not go in for 20k, and just get the cabin filter changed at 30k.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Edit: was misinformed, sensors are self learning, my bad.
Actuality you were right the first time. There is a learning process. Hit the hazard button 6 times in rapid succession (3 on/off pairs). Follow the directions on the screen. 😊🐩

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Actuality you were right the first time. There is a learning process. Hit the hazard button 6 times in rapid succession (3 on/off pairs). Follow the directions on the screen. 😊🐩
Yes, that is what I was referring to, activates a service mode and you deflate tires one at a time until horn sounds, thanks. Beats having to buy a device like GM cars require. So does it also self-calibrate after a sufficient driving distance?

PNW_Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2017 Tacoma TRD
Country flag
Any issues with using a lift and the battery pack?
Sponsored