10,000 mile service necessary with Mach E?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yes, that is what I was referring to, activates a service mode and you deflate tires one at a time until horn sounds, thanks. Beats having to buy a device like GM cars require. So does it also self-calibrate after a sufficient driving distance?
Not sure. I have rotated my tires 3 times so far in almost 9K miles and I've just used the hazard flasher system each time. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©
Sponsored

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I donā€™t know whether other people find it valuable, but I take mine in for every 10k/recommended service mostly to establish a relationship with the service dept. Hopefully because they know my car and that Iā€™m a regular they will help me out if Iā€™m in dire need. Thatā€™s worth the $20 every 10k for me. Plus gives them hands on experience with the Mach-E so itā€™s not a UFO when they do have to work on it.

rnswa

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Prem Mach-e -2016 Lex RX350 - 2004 Avalanche
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have about 21k miles on my 2021 mache and was thinking about taking it to the dealer for the 20k service. I called them up to make the appointment and asked how much it cost and they said $333. A little steep for a tire rotation and filter change and a couple of inspections. I decided to pass on that.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Good to hear all these opinions. I'm at 11k now and keep wondering if I needed the 10k service. Has anyone needed their coolant topped off? I've seen some mentions of that needed a bit added every 10k or so miles but I haven't disassembled my frunk to look at the container.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't believe this is the case, i think the car automatically knows which tire is where based on the sensor signal. Can't say for sure on the Mach-e but my other fords work this way.
Correct. The car recalibrates tire position automatically. No need to do anything special.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Good to hear all these opinions. I'm at 11k now and keep wondering if I needed the 10k service. Has anyone needed their coolant topped off? I've seen some mentions of that needed a bit added every 10k or so miles but I haven't disassembled my frunk to look at the container.
I can't remember exactly....but around 45k miles I think I checked and the motor and electronics coolant loop was low. I topped it off and the dealership checked for leaks when they replaced the front axle seal (found none). Will hit 60k this weekend so I probably should take a look at those levels again.
Sponsored