MustangAmy

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue 2022 GT
Country flag
Got 3.6.2 a couple of days ago and 4.1.1 today.

On another topic - what kind of speed are you guys getting at DC fast chargers? I stopped at one for the first time today and got max of 83 kWh. In theory, with the ER GT, it should be a little faster than that?

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
Never used one. Not yet at least

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Got 3.6.2 a couple of days ago and 4.1.1 today.

On another topic - what kind of speed are you guys getting at DC fast chargers? I stopped at one for the first time today and got max of 83 kWh. In theory, with the ER GT, it should be a little faster than that?
I DC charge regularly during winter. I use both EA and EvGo. I had only brief period of time when I was charging at 125 or 130 kW for couple minutes. Mostly I see between 70 and 90kW regardless of charger brand and power rating 100kW, 150kW or 350kW. hopefully I would see better speed at spring-summer-fall months.
I'm in NorCal, no snow here

MustangAmy

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue 2022 GT
Country flag
I DC charge regularly during winter. I use both EA and EvGo. I had only brief period of time when I was charging at 125 or 130 kW for couple minutes. Mostly I see between 70 and 90kW regardless of charger brand and power rating 100kW, 150kW or 350kW. hopefully I would see better speed at spring-summer-fall months.
I'm in NorCal, no snow here
Ugh. Frustrating. Took quite a bit longer to charge than anticipated. Charging speed and winter range (temps in the 30s here) has me rethinking driving it on my 250 mile RT drive this week. The most reliable chargers are about half way there, which means I would need to be able to get 125 miles on an 80% charge to get back to that charger on the way home. That seems like that could be pushing it. I went from 81% to 28% driving 105 miles today (Interstate).

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Ugh. Frustrating. Took quite a bit longer to charge than anticipated. Charging speed and winter range (temps in the 30s here) has me rethinking driving it on my 250 mile RT drive this week. The most reliable chargers are about half way there, which means I would need to be able to get 125 miles on an 80% charge to get back to that charger on the way home. That seems like that could be pushing it. I went from 81% to 28% driving 105 miles today (Interstate).
it's all depends where chargers located. I did 800 miles round trip already (SF to LA) and pre-trip planning helped a lot. it took me almost a year EV ownership to train myself for EV trips and buying membership at both EA and EvGo :)

mache_matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Maxima
Country flag
Got the 4.1.1 update today .. I was expecting a major update, but looks like it's a minor one .. I guess 4.2.1 is the major update

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
Haven’t had much time to play with it, but so far I like it. Using the volume knob to adjust things is nice. The camera button on the Home Screen is also nice.
Got 4.1.1 today. Looks like it shouldn't be too long before 4.1.2

MustangAmy

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue 2022 GT
Country flag
So - a month in, some random thoughts.

• Overall, the car has been great other than the random "Power Train Malfunction" warning that cleared after a few restarts. Dealer was unable to reproduce it/find anything wrong and just updated a few modules.
  • Why in the hell does it keep going to my husband's profile? I drive the car 99% of the time and I get in the car with both my PAAK and fob that are linked to my profile and it will STILL randomly start up on his profile.
  • Also, why does the departure time feature not work reliably? (I want to say it's maybe 50% of the time)
  • The HF Blue Cruise and adaptive cruise control are both pretty sweet. I tried out the HF Blue Cruise in city rush hour interstate traffic and thought it worked exceptionally well. Now if only they would push out the automatic lane change feature to the '22s.
  • Ford Pass for charging has worked well for me at 3 Electrify America chargers and one EV Go. I didn't realize that I couldn't use my free charge credit at EV Go but the price using the Ford Pass was substantially cheaper than the regular EV Go price ($14 for ~43 kWh vs $24).
  • Fast charging has been disappointing. Fastest speed I've hit was 83 kWh (briefly). Mostly in the 60-70 kWh range. All charges have been at stations that allegedly are capable of 150 kWh or greater. I have the GT ER, which is supposed to be able to charge at rates up to 150 kWh. That being said, maybe it's the charging stations as the speeds I get are typical of what other people say they are getting? Or the cold weather?
  • Cold weather range bites. Yes, yes. I knew that ahead of time, but the cold weather + interstate speeds on a longer trip are brutal, with a range of around 160 miles at 100% charge.
  • I like the new updates. I think I like the interface updates 4.1.2, although I don't find the ability to use the volume knob to adjust temp to be as nice as I'd hoped. I dislike that after the 4.1.1 update, the car defaulted to charging to 100% and it was a pain in the ass to change back.
Sponsored