10/03/22 Build Week Gang

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I'd love to hear if there are some tips and tricks to getting more juice out the battery without switching off the heating in the car
I doubt there's anything substantial enough to change your experience. I went with an extended battery (GT) for range reasons in cold weather.

I wish it had more, but as is, it still satisfies 97% of my trips without needing to charge on the road. To get to 99%, I'd need a car with real 300 mile any weather range.
Sponsored

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
A week in and I'm loving the car except when we did a road trip to the Northern Virginia. Due to cold weather range was a lot less than I expected. Had to charge after every 125 miles are so and so much leg work in researching DCFC chargers was just so insane. A 5 hours journey in my ICE is now 8 hours due to multiple charging stops. I'm probably going to keep my mach-e as a local car and use family ICE SUV for road trips after this experience.

P.S. you come across charging stations that are either not working or a few of em are working but occupied. In all practicality, you'll need a plenty of time based on my experience driving between Eastern NY to N. VA.

P.S.S: I have MME Premium AWD SR

I'd love to hear if there are some tips and tricks to getting more juice out the battery without switching off the heating in the car
We’ve done a ton of trips about 250-300 miles with a Prem 4x one way. Fwiw driving 70 gets WAY better mileage than 75 which is WAY better than 80. Pre heating while plugged in saves quite a few miles. All heatboff while charging speeds up charging. Hard rain really drains it. Also we learned to research and from experience the best fast chargers. Usually EA around here but there are now quite a few brand new EVGo chargers around here also. Highly recommend the EA app and PlugShare (for PS use filter to see only CCS fast chargers). SR car can be rough for a long trip.

AsifG

First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
We’ve done a ton of trips about 250-300 miles with a Prem 4x one way. Fwiw driving 70 gets WAY better mileage than 75 which is WAY better than 80. Pre heating while plugged in saves quite a few miles. All heatboff while charging speeds up charging. Hard rain really drains it. Also we learned to research and from experience the best fast chargers. Usually EA around here but there are now quite a few brand new EVGo chargers around here also. Highly recommend the EA app and PlugShare (for PS use filter to see only CCS fast chargers). SR car can be rough for a long trip.
+1 to EA and PlugShare both of these are a must have apps. Agreed, EA was the most reliable network and I pretty much used up most of the complimentary 250 KWs.

What worries me is that we are not below freezing temps yet in NY and I'm netting about 130 - 140 miles with full charge and assume its going to get a lot worse when temps are constantly below freezing.

May be once my L2 charger is installed, I'll feel less anxiety over the range. Trying to shop around as the initial quote to replace the electric panel, wiring and L2 installation from my main electrician is around 6k.

Oh I'm glad I didn't get this car to save $ on gas alone as that would have been a disappointment since with the public charging the cost is almost the same when you add like 100 miles for $20 bucks...

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
+1 to EA and PlugShare both of these are a must have apps. Agreed, EA was the most reliable network and I pretty much used up most of the complimentary 250 KWs.

What worries me is that we are not below freezing temps yet in NY and I'm netting about 130 - 140 miles with full charge and assume its going to get a lot worse when temps are constantly below freezing.

May be once my L2 charger is installed, I'll feel less anxiety over the range. Trying to shop around as the initial quote to replace the electric panel, wiring and L2 installation from my main electrician is around 6k.

Oh I'm glad I didn't get this car to save $ on gas alone as that would have been a disappointment since with the public charging the cost is almost the same when you add like 100 miles for $20 bucks...
Home charging is tons cheaper obviously. Yeah, without my 48amp L2, I’d be looking around a ton more for charging. Also look into irs tax credit, I think up to 1000-1500 for install and purchase of L2. Might expire this year (I don’t know). We got the credit couple years back.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
All these pics rolling in--nice. Hopefully someone with the new Vapor Blue Metallic will post.

MustangAmy

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue 2022 GT
Country flag
My dealer just called me and the car is in. I drove by and it looks great. Cant wait to drive it, I have never even test drove one, hopefully no buyers remorse.
Sad face here. I was hoping that yours and mine were on the same train to Ohio. Still no car here in NE Ohio and my estimated delivery update still says "11/11-11/17".

DanNJ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select
Country flag
My car is still sitting in Newark, it was unloaded on 11/11 but is still showing as inactive on the United road site. Checked today and a Vin popped up from the 10/24 build week as pending pickup, pretty frustrating

clement.48

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Sad face here. I was hoping that yours and mine were on the same train to Ohio. Still no car here in NE Ohio and my estimated delivery update still says "11/11-11/17".
I really thought you would have too, I don't understand these logistics. Another mach e that was sold at my dealership has been built but wasn't delivered with mine. I'm just glad the waiting period is over. It is worth the wait though I picked it up tonight and the car is better than I hoped for.

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
Mine has finally arrived in Texas and I pick it up tomorrow morning. It's great to hear everyone's thoughts since in never test drove one either. I ordered my Premium SR RWD back in February. I'm just nervous coming from an older Honda Accord and hearing some saying how bouncy the ride is. Hope that isn't true in my experience.

kyyul

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
My estimated delivery changed to Jan 2 - Jan 8. Enjoy your Mach E boys looks like the universe is telling me no.

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
My estimated delivery changed to Jan 2 - Jan 8. Enjoy your Mach E boys looks like the universe is telling me no.
They have been way off on dates for many...

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Mine just changed today too, 12/25-12/31. I don’t understand, nor believe, how it could be pushed out by more than a month. Ridiculous that Ford doesn’t have better tracking and estimates. I’m just going to stop checking and wait for a call from my dealer.

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
Mine just changed today too, 12/25-12/31. I don’t understand, nor believe, how it could be pushed out by more than a month. Ridiculous that Ford doesn’t have better tracking and estimates. I’m just going to stop checking and wait for a call from my dealer.
There is someone in another thread that works for the rail and can give accurate railcar locations.
Sponsored