Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Almost there!

Dealer sent A few pics yesterday.

I‘m at 30,000 feet on my way to Atlanta, then a quick hop from Atlanta to Birmingham. Soooooo close!

0C7C30E2-C128-4E3F-84EB-821616159A99.jpeg

A444EF2A-C320-4B58-82A4-2595D581D8B0.jpeg

C6568A40-E4BC-436F-9B4D-18C495FE58A3.jpeg
Yay! I'm so happy for you! It looks amazing!

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
So I thought my blue cruise was working, and it does work but only on hands-on mode. I got onto the highway the other day and no hands free. When I searched this morning I found the following TSB posted here. So if you yet to pick up your car you may want to make sure they do this, and if you picked it up you might want to check to make sure that your maps haven't expired you don't need to bring it back to have this done.

Attachments

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Toyota Sienna, 16 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Finally brought it home (received from dealer 12/8)! It was at the PPF place forever.... they couldn't start for about a week, and then it just took much longer than quoted for some reason. Maybe the Holiday season.

In any case, it looks beautiful and was worth the wait.

IMG_1735 (2).jpg

Kafka

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE Nite Pony Vapor Blue
Occupation
Techie
Country flag
Finally brought it home (received from dealer 12/8)! It was at the PPF place forever.... they couldn't start for about a week, and then it just took much longer than quoted for some reason. Maybe the Holiday season.

In any case, it looks beautiful and was worth the wait.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/10/22 Build Week Fam IMG_1735 (2)
How much did you cover with PPF and how much did that set you?

I just took delivery of a MME and PPF is on the to do list.

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How much did you cover with PPF and how much did that set you?

I just took delivery of a MME and PPF is on the to do list.
I did a stealth wrap so had to cover the entire vehicle. Was $5,500 (no ceramic coating). If I added ceramic it would've been an extra $1K. Quotes that I received in the NJ area ranged from $5K to $7.5K (no ceramic).

Kafka

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE Nite Pony Vapor Blue
Occupation
Techie
Country flag
I did a stealth wrap so had to cover the entire vehicle. Was $5,500 (no ceramic coating). If I added ceramic it would've been an extra $1K. Quotes that I received in the NJ area ranged from $5K to $7.5K (no ceramic).
Yikes. Ok, let's see what I'm quoted around here.

KilroyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Okay I don't feel quite so bad now, as I paid around $6400 here in NC for full XPEL PPF Ultimate with the ceramic made into it, and window tinting as well.

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
It really looks good I do like the flat look. But as to the price, Wow, that's enough to repaint the entire car. I do wonder how much weight it ads to the car. Being an ex-autocross driver I'm always adverse to adding weight to cars, the lighter the better. If I can take something out I will. So adding the weight of the PPF, isn't something I want to do.

Taking the weight penalty aside it is also the cost, I don't think I would do it unless I wanted to change the color. I had to repaint some of my other car recently, and I have an estimate of around a 5k to repaint a tri-coat red on a larger Ford Flex SUV versus about 2k for one side. So I could probably repaint a side 3 times or have one entire respray for the cost of PPF. I do like a good wax or ceramic coating, but I've never seen the benefit of the PPF film. In fact my neighbor had one of those transparent nose protection wraps, ended up getting a lot of dirt on the line where transition from the wrap to the paint, and it killed the paint when it came off many many years later. I hope it's improved since then, but I just can't justify 5K on a wrap unless it's to change the color or add that flat effect which I think is very cool.

And honestly I don't think it's the cost, I think really what puts me off though is the weight penalty. The car's already heavy enough, and I'm sure the PPF is not light. Just my two cents, which is probably worth next to nothing nowadays.

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It really looks good I do like the flat look. But as to the price, Wow, that's enough to repaint the entire car. I do wonder how much weight it ads to the car. Being an ex-autocross driver I'm always adverse to adding weight to cars, the lighter the better. If I can take something out I will. So adding the weight of the PPF, isn't something I want to do.
I actually track my Cayman (and am a casual auto-x driver), and lots of the guys PPF their cars, so I don't think its a huge impact. I actually wished I PPFd that car because the hood and top is covered in chips.

Also don't forget we are talking about a super heavy EV here so I don't think the PPF is going to make a huge difference. Just skip a meal or two and you should break even.

The tech has improved and it seems like they last 10+ years with no issues.

P.s. I actually may take the mach-e to an autox just for fun at Metlife, if the wife gives me permission (its her car)

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
That's good to know, I was thinking at least 100lbs of wrap, which isn't nothing. I still recall buffing off cone rubs from my track days and making that easier is a good thing, a good coat of wax can only go so far. I guess I'm the type of person that doesn't have a screen protector on their phone and doesn't PPF their car, I fix my screen when it cracks and I guess I'll get the car repainted with the chips start to bother me. I would still worry about just wrapping the nose, and I grew up in a time where people put car bras on all the time And the damage those things did was insane. I'm not saying All PPF nose protection will damage your car when it comes off, but that'll be my fear.

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep I put a car bra on my mustang back in the day, and do regret that.

This wrap decision was mainly for aesthetic reasons ... I agree that its probably more effective to spend on repainting if the paint quality is your main motivation.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
How is the kids college funds going?

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
Hey my fellow build date people, wanted to do a follow-up post to see how we're all enjoying our new electric cars.

First, recently I have received a plethora of updates this week 3.5.3, 3.5.33, 3.54, 3.6.1 yesterday, hoping I'm on my way to that glorious 4.1.x upgrade. How are you all doing with your upgrades.

I have to admit I didn't think I would use blue cruise that much or at all. I like driving I really enjoy driving That's why I have Mustangs, The last night I drove about an hour to a restaurant for my birthday, it was 90% highway driving and the car drove there itself, and I was able to have a phone call with an old friend without feeling that stressed. Yes I was watching the road but the car was doing all the work and it was doing it very well. I do find the middle lane best for hands-free sometimes I feel like it gets too close to the edge on the right and I don't like to hog the left lane.

Switching from gas to electric has been interesting. I'm kind of fascinated by the Kwh/mi efficiency and like to see how many miles of regen I did on my trips. I see I drive the car two ways, either fast without regard for that, or is efficiently as possible to try to get the high scores on the trip statistics (100%).

I'm also finding that I'm opting to take it more than I thought, we have an ICE car that is a large SUV I get between 14 and 16 MPG. Short trips in the MME seem to be extremely efficient and use very little power likely because of some of my hills where I'm at. I can even get to the gas station adding percentage of charge because of the downhill. And I see the irony of going to the gas station, but they sell lotto tickets and it was a recent very large jackpot.

Comfort-wise this thing is smooth and effortless with the power. I love my seats they're so comfortable, and the car is so easy to drive.

I'm sure there's a hundred other things I could comment on but these are will come to mind right now, wondering what you guys think.

Really loving the electric experience, didn't think I would like it this much.

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We are enjoying it so far. Been driving on Whisper with no one pedal driving (i.e. with coasting) to make it easier as I switch between the ICE and EV.

Still haven't used Blue Cruise, and I'm not even sure if I will.

Getting used to the braking, which seems less immediate vs an ICE (had the same feeling on our Prius Prime before).
Sponsored