Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
I hear you on one Pedle driving I have it off too. I find unbridled has a low gear feel and when you let off slows down a lot quicker than whisper which is more akin to a coast. I also like the creep, as I use it to back up my car into the garage and creep close to the wall, as if I don't get really close the garage will not be able to clear the car. I've also disabled the automatic trunk opening. I can still pop the trunk, but it won't accidentally open and hit the back of my garage, which is a huge fear of mine. It's a bit annoying to have to turn it on and off when I want to use it, like when picking up kids from school and I want them to put their backpacks in the trunk, but a minor inconvenience is worth it over the possibility of smacking my tailgate into the wall of my barn. I should turn on the order hold which I do like, but if I find I use the adaptive cruise control it does the same thing. What a hold is problematic though is it messes up the creek for the reverse so at the moment it's off. I'm still playing around with it though we'll see where it ends up. I think what we need is some shortcuts to certain functionalities that you toggle often. But again minor inconveniences.
Sponsored

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Toyota Sienna, 16 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I should give Unbridled another try. Just tried it once and seemed to decelerate a little too much for my liking once I had the foot off the gas.

Regarding the hatch hitting the garage, maybe try the garage wall protection film. That way it will hit soft material and should be okay. I actually got that for my side walls as my kids are used to minivan doors and I'm afraid that they will open these mach e doors into the garage wall.

One issue that I forgot to mention... it does occassionally move the seat to my wife's setting instead of mine even though I am using my key.

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
I think the off pedal "engine braking" they also be the same in engage. You can also put it into low if you're in whisper mode and it achieves virtually the same thing. That is one of the things I do sometimes, when I want to soften the ride. That is one irk, I wish I could adjust the suspension independently of the drive modes, and maybe have a little bit more flexibility there. A custom drive mode would be great.

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I love my GTPE. The ride is fun. The seats are more comfortable than I expected, the trim is brilliant, and the car is fantastic. There are a few glitches, especially with software (PaaK and Bluetooth from FordPass broke in late December for me). But they aren't a big enough of an issue for me to make me not like the car or regret the purchase.

I mostly drive Whisper with One Pedal off due to winter weather. Then the roads are dry, I usually use Engage with One Pedal off (I'm not sure I will ever be comfortable with One Pedal).

I have used Blue Cruise several times. I think it works great, though I do usually keep my hands on the steering wheel.

OP
OP

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Overall, it has been a night and day shift coming from a 2011 Camry. I actually like the ride of the Mach E better; it seems less bouncy. Maybe because I have the Select vs other models with a bigger rim. I drive exclusively with one pedal with Unbridle/Unbridled mode. It took me a day to get used to one pedal driving, but now I have problems driving a regular vehicle. I feel like I have to put the brake to the pedal in our other vehicle. 😅 I will mention that this car accelerates quite a bit faster than my Camry. Sometimes I forget how fast I am speeding along...

As for charging, I was using the included Ford mobile charger exclusively with the regular 120v outlet adapter. It finally fried my GFCI so I caved in an upgraded to the Emporia charger. Not going to lie, its kind of nice being able to to top off a charge quickly.

Regarding updates, I was stuck on 3.54 since December 9. Two days ago, I was going for a quick trip and I magically got a prompt to update to 3.61 when I parked (charge was 48-49%ish). I just checked my phone today and it says that 3.62 is available for my car. I have come to the conclusion that it is a slow roll out. As long as you have decent signal, it will eventually update on its own. We can try whatever heebie jeebie you want but it apparently updates when it wants too.

Last edited:

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
Hey my fellow build date people, wanted to do a follow-up post to see how we're all enjoying our new electric cars.

First, recently I have received a plethora of updates this week 3.5.3, 3.5.33, 3.54, 3.6.1 yesterday, hoping I'm on my way to that glorious 4.1.x upgrade. How are you all doing with your upgrades.

I have to admit I didn't think I would use blue cruise that much or at all. I like driving I really enjoy driving That's why I have Mustangs, The last night I drove about an hour to a restaurant for my birthday, it was 90% highway driving and the car drove there itself, and I was able to have a phone call with an old friend without feeling that stressed. Yes I was watching the road but the car was doing all the work and it was doing it very well. I do find the middle lane best for hands-free sometimes I feel like it gets too close to the edge on the right and I don't like to hog the left lane.

Switching from gas to electric has been interesting. I'm kind of fascinated by the Kwh/mi efficiency and like to see how many miles of regen I did on my trips. I see I drive the car two ways, either fast without regard for that, or is efficiently as possible to try to get the high scores on the trip statistics (100%).

I'm also finding that I'm opting to take it more than I thought, we have an ICE car that is a large SUV I get between 14 and 16 MPG. Short trips in the MME seem to be extremely efficient and use very little power likely because of some of my hills where I'm at. I can even get to the gas station adding percentage of charge because of the downhill. And I see the irony of going to the gas station, but they sell lotto tickets and it was a recent very large jackpot.

Comfort-wise this thing is smooth and effortless with the power. I love my seats they're so comfortable, and the car is so easy to drive.

I'm sure there's a hundred other things I could comment on but these are will come to mind right now, wondering what you guys think.

Really loving the electric experience, didn't think I would like it this much.
Hey my fellow build date people, wanted to do a follow-up post to see how we're all enjoying our new electric cars.

First, recently I have received a plethora of updates this week 3.5.3, 3.5.33, 3.54, 3.6.1 yesterday, hoping I'm on my way to that glorious 4.1.x upgrade. How are you all doing with your upgrades.

I have to admit I didn't think I would use blue cruise that much or at all. I like driving I really enjoy driving That's why I have Mustangs, The last night I drove about an hour to a restaurant for my birthday, it was 90% highway driving and the car drove there itself, and I was able to have a phone call with an old friend without feeling that stressed. Yes I was watching the road but the car was doing all the work and it was doing it very well. I do find the middle lane best for hands-free sometimes I feel like it gets too close to the edge on the right and I don't like to hog the left lane.

Switching from gas to electric has been interesting. I'm kind of fascinated by the Kwh/mi efficiency and like to see how many miles of regen I did on my trips. I see I drive the car two ways, either fast without regard for that, or is efficiently as possible to try to get the high scores on the trip statistics (100%).

I'm also finding that I'm opting to take it more than I thought, we have an ICE car that is a large SUV I get between 14 and 16 MPG. Short trips in the MME seem to be extremely efficient and use very little power likely because of some of my hills where I'm at. I can even get to the gas station adding percentage of charge because of the downhill. And I see the irony of going to the gas station, but they sell lotto tickets and it was a recent very large jackpot.

Comfort-wise this thing is smooth and effortless with the power. I love my seats they're so comfortable, and the car is so easy to drive.

I'm sure there's a hundred other things I could comment on but these are will come to mind right now, wondering what you guys think.

Really loving the electric experience, didn't think I would like it this much.
I got 3.6.2 today. Did not seem to reset my charge preference. I also find blue cruise not so bad.

OP
OP

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I got 3.6.2 today. Did not seem to reset my charge preference. I also find blue cruise not so bad.
Same experience. I briefly tried blue cruise for a short segment and I really like it. Unfortunately the car in front of me was going 10 under the speed limit and my car adjusted. I was 1/4 a mile from the exit ramp so I begrudgingly let blue cruise do its thing. 😅

SRL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Two 2017 Bolts, 2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
December 8 - Delivery
December 16 - 3.5.2
December 19 - 3.5.3
January 3 - 3.5.3.3
January 4 - 3.5.4
January 25 - 3.6.1
January 27 - 3.6.2

We put 5000 miles on the car in the first month, traveling from Colorado to Michigan and back, then from Colorado to Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming.

Some observations:

1. I like the 1-pedal implementation. Nearly all miles have been done in either Engage 1-pedal or Unbridled 1-pedal. I appreciate having 1-pedal stay set between drives and when shifting into reverse, behavior we didn't have with our Leafs and don't have with our Bolts.

2. Blue Cruise is nice, especially when I had just picked up a burger on our way across Nebraska and had made it back to the interstate. I would like to do some lane trimming, though, to be able to adapt to conditions.

3. The AWD implementation is good, both with snowy, sloped parking when skiing in Utah and with accelerating from slush-filled streets in Chicago.

4. The range numbers have been absurd up until 3.6.2. We always exceeded the predictions by a lot, except when it was below 0° F. Before I initiated the 3.6.2 installation, my car was in the garage with 66% SOC and 138 miles of range; after the installation it was at 66% SOC and 171 miles of range, and subsequent adjustments to range while driving seem more in line with expectations.

5. Our only "oh crap" moment came on the morning of December 22 when we were driving east through the middle of Nebraska on a -15° F morning. The car dropped from 75 mph to 45 mph, with a warning that the battery was too cold to function properly. After 5-10 minutes at 45 mph, the battery had recovered a modicum of warmth and was again good to go. Not fun (or particularly safe) being limited to 45 mph on I-80.

Overall, we've been very pleased with the Mach E. It's a much better car for road trips than our Bolts, and while we miss the cargo capacity of the Odyssey we sold in September it's great to be done with ICE vehicles. And the Mach E is just a lot of fun to drive, especially in Unbridled on winding mountain roads.

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Toyota Sienna, 16 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Wow that low temp warning would've been scary. I guess I'm leaving the MachE at home during the really cold days.

@Nygman I've been trying Unbridled the last few days and think that I now prefer that with the more natural coasting off throttle, as well as the creep. I got to say though that I've taken a hit on mileage, as the acceleration capability + my aggressive driving is not a good mix.

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I just got 3.6.1 on January 27. I find it funny/ironic that I just got the HVAC heating system update over halfway through winter. :)

Previous update was a 3.5.x update in December. I can't remember the exact build number, but it I got it around December 22, when PaaK and FordPass Bluetooth quit working.

OP
OP

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
woot woot! 4.1.1. just rolled out to my car today! One step closer to the infamous 4.1.2 update...

Last edited:

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
Got 4.1.1 yesterday evening and now rolling with 4.1.2. man I like the new UI. Seems a bit crisp and less sub menu digging. Love that camera button, I use it when I back into garage to see the front cleared. So far impressed.

OP
OP

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Received 4 updates in the last 6 days. Enjoying 4.1.2
Woohoo! I kept on refreshing my app after I saw @HGxxx got the update. It finally came through! If it wasn't straight ice outside, I would take it for a drive 😅

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Woohoo! I kept on refreshing my app after I saw @HGxxx got the update. It finally came through! If it wasn't straight ice outside, I would take it for a drive 😅
You don’t need to take it on a drive. Just sit in the garage or driveway to play with it.
Sponsored