BlackMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got the railcar number through the United Road OVISS system. I think anyone can create an account.

If you don’t care to do that, reply with your VIN and I’ll get your rail car number.
Great you're helping everyone! Can you do mine 3FMTK4SE1MME03622?
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Great you're helping everyone! Can you do mine 3FMTK4SE1MME03622?
Too early to tell since your MME just shipped. The data I retrieve is for domestic rail shipments only.

Check back in 2-3 weeks (the time you'll wait for your MME to travel from Mexico to KC.)

WCVT

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME ER premium RR
Country flag
Save the railcar number I provided. You can periodically call Norfolk Southern Intermodal Tracing and get updates on your railcar progress.

NS Norfolk Southern
  1. Call 800-635-5768.
  2. Press 2 for Intermodal Services.
  3. Press 2 for Tracing.
  4. Enter the letter portion of the railcar number on the numeric keypad, then press #. Example: TTGX is entered as 8849
  5. Enter the numeric portion of the railcar number, then press #.
  6. Verify the railcar number read back, then press 1.
  7. Wait a few moments of silence for tracing results.

any info on my VIN?

3FMTK3SU2MMA57095

thanks in advance!!!!

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
any info on my VIN?

3FMTK3SU2MMA57095

thanks in advance!!!!
I see data for your VIN in the system but no KC transfer railcar yet. Check back on Monday 11/29.

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
7/5 Order placed
10/25 Built
10/27 Shipped
11/8 Arrived in KC
11/9 Dropped off at Argentine ramp

Today, 11/22, my dealer told me it is in Denver, “marked hot” (which means it is a priority?). I should have the car this week.

jordanroy97

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Impala
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I got the railcar number through the United Road OVISS system. I think anyone can create an account.

If you don’t care to do that, reply with your VIN and I’ll get your rail car number.
Any information available on 3FMTK1RM6MMA59295? Thanks in advance!

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Progress!

Yesterday my premium MME arrived in Buffalo, NY. This morning it departed Norfolk Southern via flat car at 9:03. It was scanned at Dale, NY at 10:48, then again for intermediate arrival in Corning, NY at 1:12pm (the green line in the map below).

I'm assuming it will continue (along the yellow line) to Ayer, MA, which is 7 miles from my dealer. Can't wait...maybe before Thanksgiving?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/11 build week gang progress

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Wouldn’t you fucking know it.
Day I’m outta town for a wedding my 69 Mach 1 is in, but not me, I get a call from my dealer saying my Mach E is here.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Any information available on 3FMTK1RM6MMA59295? Thanks in advance!
Data populated for your VIN, but no railcar yet. Check back with me on Monday 11/29.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Progress!

Yesterday my premium MME arrived in Buffalo, NY. This morning it departed Norfolk Southern via flat car at 9:03. It was scanned at Dale, NY at 10:48, then again for intermediate arrival in Corning, NY at 1:12pm (the green line in the map below).

I'm assuming it will continue (along the yellow line) to Ayer, MA, which is 7 miles from my dealer. Can't wait...maybe before Thanksgiving?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/11 build week gang progress
Latest scan: Waverly, NY @ 3:00pm. Approximately 160 miles traveled today, I’m hoping it keeps moving through the night! ?

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
There seems to be a group of us with build dates mostly around early October (although I guess yours suggests it goes later too maybe?) that I believe are waiting on chips. I've been "In Production" since 10/4 and when I called ford I found out I was moved offsite a few days after that and is on a chip hold. No movement since then. If you check out some of the threads from 10/18 or 10/4 or the grumpy thread you'll see there's at least a handful of us on this forum in this kind of situation.

Don't think there's really anything for us to do at this point other than wait and hope Ford gets a big shipment of chips in soon.
Thanks for the reply! I figured this might be the case, but I figured with full pages of modules it meant the vehicle had the chips? I assume that's not always the case. I'll admit my understanding is pretty basic for what it means to have modules on the motorcraft website.

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! I figured this might be the case, but I figured with full pages of modules it meant the vehicle had the chips? I assume that's not always the case. I'll admit my understanding is pretty basic for what it means to have modules on the motorcraft website.

So "chips" means any sort of silicon computer chip. A chip is used in the seat belts to indicate if the seats are buckled. A chip is used to turn on or off the seat heaters, etc...

Cars can be built with the majority of the chips installed already, but there might be some chips missing for lets say indicating that the "door is ajar". And so Ford might be holding hundreds of cars cause 1 chip might still need to be installed.

WRT "modules", the module is some aspect of the car which can be controlled via software. This is steering response, or throttle response or how the heater works or what ever..

So your car _can_ be built but still missing chips.

The other thing of note about this module site, is that it's not a "lay user" tool. This is used for Ford Techs to get an understanding of what version of software for each module is installed. The green button that you can click to download a file, is basically for them to load that file into their software to diagnose stuff related to your car.

The only use this "tracker" is to us lay people is to know if our car is making progress through the assembly line. It'll "light up" before the regular trackers will notify you of "built".

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
@uncle_0gre pretty much said what I would have said. But I'll also add that mine also has pages of modules light up so you're definitely not alone in your situation. Whatever it is we're waiting on, be it seatbelt chip or what have you, it seems to be affecting at least a handful of us.
Sponsored