Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Turns out it will be next week for my MME.

It has one more rail stop; 25 mi to Ayer, MA, which is an automotive intermodal stop. My dealer is going to update me Monday.

Norfolk Southern reopens at 6:00am Sunday, so Iā€™m hopeful it will arrive there tomorrow. If it does, I have no idea as to how long it will take to get trucked the final 25 miles to the dealerā€¦

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yay! At 5:18am this morning, my rapid red Mach-E arrived at Ayer, MA, where itā€™ll be offloaded and trucked to my dealer!

Iā€™m hopeful that it wonā€™t take long to travel the final 25 miles to my dealer. Perhaps if it gets there by tomorrow morning, I might be able to take delivery in the afternoonā€¦fingers crossed!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/11 build week gang 3002FCE9-1D4F-42FB-A0AD-65C5134CE7F8

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Hopefully it doesnā€™t sit for too long. Iā€™ve seen many cases where cars sit so Ford can load up auto carriers.

My MME is still sitting in Port Wilmington, DE, and had been since Friday 11/19.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hopefully it doesnā€™t sit for too long. Iā€™ve seen many cases where cars sit so Ford can load up auto carriers.

My MME is still sitting in Port Wilmington, DE, and had been since Friday 11/19.
Thatā€™s absolutely bonkers. With dealers essentially ā€˜starvingā€™ for new cars, youā€™d think theyā€™d try to deliver them ASAP.

If what youā€™re saying is true, Iā€™m hopeful that the size of my dealer (they have 2 Ford dealerships outside of Boston) means that they at least have a truckload awaiting delivery.

RSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black CA Route 1 Mach-e
Country flag
Mine has also been sitting at a rail yard 90 miles away since 11/22, so I would temper expectations (yet be cautiously optimistic!). :)

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Tbh I feel like the minority of people are the one who get stuck in transit. Granted a very vocal minority.

AND I appreciate all their feedbacks cause it helps paint a fuller picture for everyone else and the more data we have he better. It helped me temper my expectations, though my car never got stuck anywhere. Seemed to just move slowly along, even arriving a week early compared to the estimated delivery week.

It took my dealer a day to do the prep work. But maybe you will be lucky and they can get it all done in the morning and then you can have it in the afternoon/evening ?

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 X3M40i, ā€˜21 GTPE
Country flag
Yay! At 5:18am this morning, my rapid red Mach-E arrived at Ayer, MA, where itā€™ll be offloaded and trucked to my dealer!

Iā€™m hopeful that it wonā€™t take long to travel the final 25 miles to my dealer. Perhaps if it gets there by tomorrow morning, I might be able to take delivery in the afternoonā€¦fingers crossed!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/11 build week gang 3002FCE9-1D4F-42FB-A0AD-65C5134CE7F8
hopefully my Rapid Red GTPE is on the same train and will help fill the truck! Mine is going to Bonnell Ford and was delivered in KC the same date as yours and my final due date is todayā€¦

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
hopefully my Rapid Red GTPE is on the same train and will help fill the truck! Mine is going to Bonnell Ford and was delivered in KC the same date as yours and my final due date is todayā€¦
Hope so tooā€¦my final delivery date was yesterday.

Iā€™d imagine that they might fill the trucks and then deliver to multiple dealers. Hopefully there are enough fill a truck and warrant a quick trip!

RSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black CA Route 1 Mach-e
Country flag
Tbh I feel like the minority of people are the one who get stuck in transit. Granted a very vocal minority.
I'll also add this... My Ford estimate was 12/11-12/19 (which I knew was off because it shipped 10/28) and my dealer said their internal sheet has an estimate of 11/30, so they are still early and I expect to get it early. This is where having too much information can drive people nuts ;). Although it sucks to not have the car yet (or any car at that moment , as I have already sold mine), it's easy to remind myself that these are "first world problems.". ;). As a collective bunch, we are really fortunate to not only have minor delays comparatively, but have lives where we get to obsess about when our $50-70k cars will get here. And I hope soon for everyone that hasn't gotten theirs yet.... But its gonna be special when we do. 10/11 gang rocks!

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

AND I appreciate all their feedbacks cause it helps paint a fuller picture for everyone else and the more data we have he better. It helped me temper my expectations, though my car never got stuck anywhere. Seemed to just move slowly along, even arriving a week early compared to the estimated delivery week.

It took my dealer a day to do the prep work. But maybe you will be lucky and they can get it all done in the morning and then you can have it in the afternoon/evening ?
Thatā€™d be great. Itā€™ll be interesting to hear from my salesman tomorrow with his update, and whether or not he knows the train arrived. Youā€™d think with the lack of new cars to prep, that they can get it done right away.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'll also add this... My Ford estimate was 12/11-12/19 (which I knew was off because it shipped 10/28) and my dealer said their internal sheet has an estimate of 11/30, so they are still early and I expect to get it early. This is where having too much information can drive people nuts ;). Although it sucks to not have the car yet (or any car at that moment , as I have already sold mine), it's easy to remind myself that these are "first world problems.". ;). As a collective bunch, we are really fortunate to not only have minor delays comparatively, but have lives where we get to obsess about when our $50-70k cars will get here. And I hope soon for everyone that hasn't gotten theirs yet.... But its gonna be special when we do. 10/11 gang rocks!
We are indeed fortunate, as a long wait is most certainly a first world problem.

I hope you get yours earlyā€¦being in CA (it seems) should help, from what Iā€™ve read on this forum.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
One last check with Norfolk Southern, and got the following status, confirming the car has been off-loaded:

- Actual placement of car, Ayer, MA, 11:41am, 11/28

Iā€™m holding out hope for delivery tomorrow ?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
One last check with Norfolk Southern, and got the following status, confirming the car has been off-loaded:

- Actual placement of car, Ayer, MA, 11:41am, 11/28

Iā€™m holding out hope for delivery tomorrow ?
Actual placement of car means the railcar was placed in an offloading zone that is to be accessed immediately, not the actual car itself. The next update you will get is ā€œgroundedā€, once the car is unloaded.
Sponsored