SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Doing your financing with Ford Options in some states gives you a $1000 incentive, meaning it’ll knock $1k off the price of the car for using that purchase plan.

My dealer had only done one Options plan, so they aren’t too savvy with it yet. But by doing x-plan and ford options you can save 2k real quick.
Were you able to claim the CO $2500 state credit when you took delivery?
Sponsored

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Gang,
Been following the thread for months now and really appreciate all the tips you all have provided. I picked up my car this weekend and wanted to share my results related to delivery now that they are final. I ordered my RR GT on July 13. I was assigned the 10/11 build week. Built October 26, Shipped October 28. Arrived in KC and delivered to Argentine Ramp on November 8. Info black hole until November 23, when I reached out to the salesman and was told it was in New Mexico. Car arrived in Phoenix on November 26 and my salesman put a "hot" on it, which got it to the dealership in Tucson in time for me to pick it up on November 27. Salesman had jollied me along about no ADM or "packs", but when I arrived at the dealer he had "talked to his general manager". Classic good cop bad cop routine added $2000 of non-negotiable packs to what I thought was the agreed on price. I took it, but it soured an otherwise smooth experience. Probably too late for Mike Levine to intervene but I'll give it a shot. My early experience is entirely positive: handles well, excellent user interface and giggle inducing acceleration. Take the dealer experience out of the picture and it would be pretty close to perfect so far.

IMG_1786.JPG
Gorgeous car. I expect to complete my purchase this week and am bracing for an experience similar to yours. I think I have a plan in place should mystery charges appear during the purchase.

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Were you able to claim the CO $2500 state credit when you took delivery?
So due to my tax situation, I'll be getting the tax rebates when I file my taxes. I won't be pocketing any money from the the tax rebates. Instead I'll just be reducing the amount of money i pay come next year.

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So due to my tax situation, I'll be getting the tax rebates when I file my taxes. I won't be pocketing any money from the the tax rebates. Instead I'll just be reducing the amount of money i pay come next year.
Thanks for the reply. I did not mean to get up in your business. When I bought my last EV, both state and fed incentives were claimed by the leasing company. Since Ford Options is technically not a lease, I understand that the federal incentive must be claimed next year. I was unclear if the state incentive can apply at point of sale, so I asked about your experience.

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
RailCar changed to TTGX700108 on 11/15. Your record shows me something I haven't seen before... Looks like United Road in this region updates when the MME is grounded, awaiting truck pickup.

1638290187174.png
thank you! hopefully it gets picked up today and delivered!

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I did not mean to get up in your business. When I bought my last EV, both state and fed incentives were claimed by the leasing company. Since Ford Options is technically not a lease, I understand that the federal incentive must be claimed next year. I was unclear if the state incentive can apply at point of sale, so I asked about your experience.
no worries.

It is my understanding that by going through Ford Options, it is technically a lease, that allows for you to claim the tax rebates when you file your taxes.

I did try to find out if I could apply the rebate at purchase time, but in the end it didn't matter much to me regardless, so i stopped trying to find out if it was possible (I don't think it is).

When it comes time to file my taxes, I'll be working with my tax professional to help me navigate the rebate waters.

ALSO technically I haven't filed any paperwork wrt the purchase/lease/options of the Mach E yet. Since my dealer has only done 1 options plan so far, and it was done when they were "Spradley Barr Ford" and now they are "Ken Garff Ford" and there's some new people, they are having to re-learn how to do the Ford Options plan. I _should_ today hear back from them about if they are ready for me to come in and pay them money and sign documents. BUT we did agree on price, plan, options, trade in, down payments, etc.. They gave me the car with a temp tag and I've been driving it!!

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
no worries.

It is my understanding that by going through Ford Options, it is technically a lease, that allows for you to claim the tax rebates when you file your taxes.

I did try to find out if I could apply the rebate at purchase time, but in the end it didn't matter much to me regardless, so i stopped trying to find out if it was possible (I don't think it is).

When it comes time to file my taxes, I'll be working with my tax professional to help me navigate the rebate waters.

ALSO technically I haven't filed any paperwork wrt the purchase/lease/options of the Mach E yet. Since my dealer has only done 1 options plan so far, and it was done when they were "Spradley Barr Ford" and now they are "Ken Garff Ford" and there's some new people, they are having to re-learn how to do the Ford Options plan. I _should_ today hear back from them about if they are ready for me to come in and pay them money and sign documents. BUT we did agree on price, plan, options, trade in, down payments, etc.. They gave me the car with a temp tag and I've been driving it!!
Interesting. When you worked the numbers, did your pricing include you paying sales tax for the entire MSRP? That is a huge difference in leases in CO. For a purchase, all sales taxes are paid at time of sale. For a lease, sales taxes are paid as the lease is paid down each month. Do you recall which scenario applied when you were working numbers?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Interesting. When you worked the numbers, did your pricing include you paying sales tax for the entire MSRP? That is a huge difference in leases in CO. For a purchase, all sales taxes are paid at time of sale. For a lease, sales taxes are paid as the lease is paid down each month. Do you recall which scenario applied when you were working numbers?
It's different for each state regarding what taxes are applied to. Call your dealership, ask for finance, and ask for a Ford Options quote.

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
I didn't want to purchase the car outright. I wanted the options plan:

1. $1000 incentive
2. $1000 xplan
3.The interest rate between purchase and options was I think 1%, so not too concerned about the amount of interest I'll pay in the long run.
4. Ability to get out of the car in 4 years if we end up not liking it in the long run or if the battery tech increases drastically.

With the options plan I also get the option to sell the car Private Party to pay off my balloon payment at the end. So I'm letting Ford assume the risk of depreciation. I know I'm paying a little more in the long run for lack of risk (due to interest) but it's a trade I'm willing to make.

If my wife ends up loving the car and we wanna keep it forever, then we reserve the right to do so.

ALSO afaik trade-ins are applied before taxes, so my trade in will be knocking down my total tax liability on the car as well. BUT I'm not sure if that applies to leases. I hope it does, but won't be heart broken if it doesn't.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
@connoisseurr 18 hours later, I finally got an updated trace.

After getting the same "Arrived RMP Y, Ayer, MA, 1:58am, 11:29," I just got a different result (although not 'grounded'): "Departed Ayer, MA, 11:00pm, 11/29."

Since Ayer, MA is the Auto Distribution Center and last stop eastbound, my assumption is that the rail car is now returning westward after having dropped off my car.

Now my question is the same as yours: How long before it gets on a truck for the final trip to the dealer? In my case, it's only 29.8 miles to go... ?

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excruciating, especially when you hear of others getting theirs early! So close, yet so far.
My tracker updated this afternoon to inform me that it will now be at the dealer Dec 5 instead of the previous Dec 2. I just hope that I am able to purchase a model year 2021 vehicle in actual 2021.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
My tracker updated this afternoon to inform me that it will now be at the dealer Dec 5 instead of the previous Dec 2. I just hope that I am able to purchase a model year 2021 vehicle in actual 2021.
All of the trackers are still saying 11/27 for me. ?