First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
progress-25mi.jpg

My MME's train ride, as of 7:20pm tonight has only 25 miles to go!

Today's progress:
Intermediate arrival on train, Mechanicville, NY, 4:26am
Departed Mechanicville, NY 6:01am
Intermediate arrival on train, Gardner, MA 7:20pm

The last stop will be Ayer, MA, only 25 miles from Gardner. It should be awaiting offloading to a truck tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it won't sit at the rail yard long!

The dealership is only 25 miles from the Norfolk Southern depot in Ayer, so my MME could conceivably be delivered to the dealership tomorrow. I'm hoping for delivery by or on Saturday...we'll see.

It's been, as most everyone here knows, a long haul. Ordered on 4/27, on 8/19 I got my 10/11 production date, it was built on 10/15, shipped on 10/19, and hopefully delivered tomorrow or Saturday.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Can anyone comment on How much dealer prep takes?
Same question for me! :)
I was told about a day, depending on staff and current queue. Someone drives the vehicle to make sure everything is in functioning order. Then they run it through a swirl machine and then probably finally call you to say it's arrived.

I'd also like to add somewhere in that time of prep, someone would install a front license plate bracket. If it's something you don't want on your car, make sure you call and confirm with your salesperson and manager, AND follow-up by email.

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
I was told about a day, depending on staff and current queue. Someone drives the vehicle to make sure everything is in functioning order. Then they run it through a swirl machine and then probably finally call you to say it's arrived.

I'd also like to add somewhere in that time of prep, someone would install a front license plate bracket. If it's something you don't want on your car, make sure you call and confirm with your salesperson and manager, AND follow-up by email.
Can confirm.
They install floor mats. Take off the plastic wrap etc. detail the car.

when my dealer called I told him no drilling. And no dealer badges. He said ok. And did as I asked.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Can confirm.
They install floor mats. Take off the plastic wrap etc. detail the car.

when my dealer called I told him no drilling. And no dealer badges. He said ok. And did as I asked.
Ooooohhhh thanks for the reminder on dealer badges. Can't believe that's still a thing ?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag

I’ve already told my salesman that I have a Sto n Sho, but you’re right—I’ll follow up via email AND a phone call if it arrives today, as my salesman won’t be in until tomorrow. The holes can’t be ‘un-drilled,’ after all!

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I’ve already told my salesman that I have a Sto n Sho, but you’re right—I’ll follow up via email AND a phone call if it arrives today, as my salesman won’t be in until tomorrow. The holes can’t be ‘un-drilled,’ after all!
Exactly.

I wrote an email and required the salesperson and manager to confirm receipt and agree that if a plate bracket was installed by the dealership, they would be responsible for ordering a replacement bumper and covering the costs at the body shop of my choice.

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
Make sure you tell them you want no additional equipment installed on yours. I had to pay an extra thousand because they put a gps/LoJack on mine

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Make sure you tell them you want no additional equipment installed on yours. I had to pay an extra thousand because they put a gps/LoJack on mine
Ugh that sucks.

My dealer had it as an option to add on during the purchase process. I declined it.

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
Ugh that sucks.

My dealer had it as an option to add on during the purchase process. I declined it.
Yeah. Luckily I got it bargained down from 2000. Still annoying. I think its dealer dependant as well because they didn't inform me about it until I saw it on the final cost papers

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah. Luckily I got it bargained down from 2000. Still annoying. I think its dealer dependant as well because they didn't inform me about it until I saw it on the final cost papers
That would really annoy me. They defaced the car you ordered then wanted more money.

Newboj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s required In Utah as well, but not enforced. Dealer promised me that they don’t install them without the customer asking for it.
I ran for years without a front tag also believing it was not enforced, until it was. On a short trip to the mountains, I racked up a pair of large fines: pulled over on the way there and also on the way back. During the second stop on my return trip home, the officer kindly offered to let me stay at the local jail until my court date, because I did not comply with the law after the first ticket I received two days prior. I talked my way out of it and was allowed to go home with only a loss of an hour and several hundred dollars.

I vowed I would never do that again.
Sponsored