Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
A more recent poster mentioned a fix via readily available HelioCoils. Let’s hope it’s true!
Parts availability.. and installation. Yikes!
Sponsored

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The estimate for delivery of my MME from Ford is a cruel joke. This is the statement on my Ford order page:

"Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built. This is a great time to explore "Ford Accessories" to see how you can personalize your vehicle."

For those statisticians out there, the MME delivery days statistical distribution certainly cannot be a Normal (i.e. Bell curve) distribution as so many cars get strung out on the number of days to delivery. Therefore, it is probably a Chi square distribution with unfortunately a very long right tail.

Well, my shipped date was 10/27, i.e., 61 days ago. Over half of that time the car has been sitting in Wilmington, DE. Now my account page shows a delivery window of 01/02-01/08 2022. Since my car is included in the seatbelt recall, I am not sure if the delivery window estimate takes the recall into account? Regardless, once my car reaches the dealership they still have to perform the seatbelt fix, as I doubt the Wilmington Depot performs that repair.

I am hopeful as many here are, that the recall procedure can be expedited with the helicoil method. If not, we may be getting our 2021 cars, closer to the model 2023 opening.

I hope FMC does the right thing with a proper compensation.

Happy New Year to all!

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
The estimate for delivery of my MME from Ford is a cruel joke. This is the statement on my Ford order page:

"Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built. This is a great time to explore "Ford Accessories" to see how you can personalize your vehicle."

For those statisticians out there, the MME delivery days statistical distribution certainly cannot be a Normal (i.e. Bell curve) distribution as so many cars get strung out on the number of days to delivery. Therefore, it is probably a Chi square distribution with unfortunately a very long right tail.

Well, my shipped date was 10/27, i.e., 61 days ago. Over half of that time the car has been sitting in Wilmington, DE. Now my account page shows a delivery window of 01/02-01/08 2022. Since my car is included in the seatbelt recall, I am not sure if the delivery window estimate takes the recall into account? Regardless, once my car reaches the dealership they still have to perform the seatbelt fix, as I doubt the Wilmington Depot performs that repair.

I am hopeful as many here are, that the recall procedure can be expedited with the helicoil method. If not, we may be getting our 2021 cars, closer to the model 2023 opening.

Happy New Year to all!
Tomorrow will be 70 days since mine shipped, and current ETA is 1/3-1/9/22.

As for the recall, while mine was still in transit via rail on 11/8, a week after arriving in KC, a 'hold' was placed on the car. This aligns with the NTSHA bulletin that outlines the recall, which cites Nov. 9 as one of the dates. It seems that this was when the issue was discovered, so Ford issued 'holds' on the affected VINs that were still in transit.

I sure hope that I'll be taking delivery next week, and also receiving some sort of compensation for buying a car from the previous model year. I've already stated searching for Ionic 5's/EV6's, as an alternative, as I'm pretty fed up right now.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

Happy New Year to all!
No repairs or recalls are addressed at a depot or port. All of those items are handled by the destination delivery directly. This also includes damage to vehicles in transmit.

Aquar33f

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
No repairs or recalls are addressed at a depot or port. All of those items are handled by the destination delivery directly. This also includes damage to vehicles in transmit.
Yes, but from what I was told, ford can’t deliver to dealer unless the fix/repair is ready this the holding period until 1/3 (at least).

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Yes, but from what I was told, ford can’t deliver to dealer unless the fix/repair is ready this the holding period until 1/3 (at least).
You're interpreting "delivery" incorrectly. Ford cannot deliver the vehicle to the customer, not from plant/lot to dealer. Words verbatim from a Ford east coast sales director.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
So I'm red hot...

My MME order information: Order placed 4/27; Built 10/15; Shipped 10/19; Sitting in AutoPort (Delaware) since 11/19

A MME that was just received a my dealer: Order placed 5/29; Built 11/30; Shipped 12/2; Delivered 12/27.

ChuckSchick26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME (I hope!)
Country flag
So I'm red hot...

My MME order information: Order placed 4/27; Built 10/15; Shipped 10/19; Sitting in AutoPort (Delaware) since 11/19

A MME that was just received a my dealer: Order placed 5/29; Built 11/30; Shipped 12/2; Delivered 12/27.
I feel your pain! I’ve watched multiple cars ordered by the same dealer MONTHS after mine be delivered and driven away to their happy homes. Excluding cars affected by recalls and parts shortages, there is no reasonable explanation for this system-wide randomness in delivery timing, especially to the same dealer!! I get that more populous regions and larger dealers will likely be prioritized but when you’ve ordered from within one of the priority regions and from a larger dealer, simple FIFO should apply at the same dealer!!

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
So I'm red hot...

Our dates are almost identical except my car is still sitting on a rail car in KC since 11/5. So disappointing..

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So I'm red hot...

It seems you're bitten by the same seat belt recall that I am; but it's still no excuse!

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
So I'm red hot...

If its at the dealership, does that mean the seatbelt fix got applied to this car and the dealer can sell it?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
It seems you're bitten by the same seat belt recall that I am; but it's still no excuse!
So I copied you and went to go look at an Ioniq 5 today... might be getting a limited...

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So I copied you and went to go look at an Ioniq 5 today... might be getting a limited...
I’m still awaiting a call from the dealer, so they may not be willing to sell without ADM. It was nice that Ford shortened my ETA to today-1/3, but I’m not sure I trust it to be accurate!

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
If its at the dealership, does that mean the seatbelt fix got applied to this car and the dealer can sell it?
Note that dates for the vehicle that showed up (not mine) was outside the seatbelt recall window.

I’m still awaiting a call from the dealer, so they may not be willing to sell without ADM. It was nice that Ford shortened my ETA to today-1/3, but I’m not sure I trust it to be accurate!
It seems all Hyundai dealers will have a small ADM. I've seen as high as $2,000. The Hyundai dealership I'm working with said they'll waive the ADM if I buy a warranty (which I'll end up refunding after 3 months).

bhall22

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mits Outlander PHEV, 2021 MME Prem AWD
Country flag
I’ll save you all the sob story for another time but I’m not going to be able to take delivery of my iconic silver ER AWD model (at the 2021 msrp of 56k) as planned.

So if anyone wants to jump the line just call Koener Ford in Syracuse,NY and ask for Nate. They would probably also back date the sale date to today so you can get the tax credit, they had offered to do that if we ran a couple days over.
Sponsored