10/17/22 Build Week Gang

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
Just got a convoy number from Ford Chat this morning, contacted the carrier and it’s being delivered to dealer this afternoon! Ford Chat had an ETA of 11-20. Hoping to take delivery tomorrow evening if inspection is all good.
Sponsored

senoraflowers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler 4xe; ordered MME 2022 Select
Country flag
Mine is still showing 11/24-11/30, but chat gave me a rail tracking number for BNSF which I was able to get limited info from UP's automated phone system. From what I can tell, it may already be in Houston. I'll be checking with my sales rep tomorrow and have him pull it up on the map again to confirm, hopefully.
The last known location for my car is near Fort Worth. Of course, I don't know when it was known to be there.

hyrulianruffio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e select , 2012 CR-V
Occupation
I.T.
Country flag
I heard from my dealer today that my MME is sitting in a rail yard less than 20 miles away! Just waiting on a truck to come pick it up!

senoraflowers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I heard from my dealer today that my MME is sitting in a rail yard less than 20 miles away! Just waiting on a truck to come pick it up!
Fabulous and frustrating! Wouldn't it be great if you could take a quick drive and pick it up yourself?

Today, my dealer told me the same thing Ford chat told me yesterday (that the last known location was Alliance, TX) and said maybe it would be here next week. With the complete lack of effort that they've put in on every inquiry I've made about this car, I can't figure out why I have to transact with them to get it.

Deb

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
DarkStang, what dealership in Michigan?

hyrulianruffio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e select , 2012 CR-V
Occupation
I.T.
Country flag
Just noticed today that my Ford account now shows I can complete the purcahse online and set an appointment for tomorrow! Hoping I hear some good news from the dealer tomorrow!

senoraflowers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was all just a tease...
Delivery estimate was originally 11/21-11/27. Then it changed to 11/15-11/21. I got excited. I got my hopes up. It's now 11/21, and there's no sign of the car. Thanks, Ford.

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I hope that also means mine has made it off of the ramp 6M abyss!

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
picked up on 11/19 here in MN. Process took 3.5 hrs at the dealer, some transport scratches to get fixed. Other than that, such a fun car to drive! Never volunteered so much for errands prior to getting this car the past 2 days.

Only hiccup so far is garage and charger placement. Greatly misjudged wife’s willingness to back into a two car, 16 ft wide double stall with two cars.

lanebk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NQY 2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
AH64LCT Test
Country flag
I am as well. My ETA just shifted to 3-9 Dec. I'll be out of the country and won't be able to pick it until 23 Dec. 😪

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
picked up on 11/19 here in MN. Process took 3.5 hrs at the dealer, some transport scratches to get fixed. Other than that, such a fun car to drive! Never volunteered so much for errands prior to getting this car the past 2 days.

Only hiccup so far is garage and charger placement. Greatly misjudged wife’s willingness to back into a two car, 16 ft wide double stall with two cars.
Out of curiosity, why the backing in?

I love that Ford puts the charger in the front of the car, which to me is the only logical choice. The chargers in the rear are nonsensical, especially for SUVs. And the Mach-E is an SUV, so presumably you want the cargo door to open outward anyway, towards an open door. Unless your garage is very deep so you can open the cargo door inward while the car is fully in the garage, I guess?
Sponsored