Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You should try car fax and see if the car was sold.
Thanks

I tried that and googling my VIN for stolen cars.

Every so often I get inspired to come up with a new scenario to explain how Ford lost my car and how my Ford dealership is powerless to help find it. But then Reality creeps in.
Sponsored

Chris McD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza, Honda Civic
Country flag
Picked up my wife’s car on the 20th. Red RWD Select with Tech package. Finally! It’s a big change for her since she’s coming from a 2013 Civic which didn’t even have blind spot detection.

It’s complicated and overly pricey to install a NEMA outlet at our condo so we’ve been charging via 120v. Her daily commute is 27 miles so it’s working out. We plan to charge nightly off peak and then do a bigger charge on the weekends at a fast charger.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/18 Build Week Gang 24D174BB-5D26-481D-BC53-02A6ECBEA3DF

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry to hear. I hope Ford can get this sorted for you right away. :(
My final update.

We walked away from the 2021 MME Premium on 1/28/2022 because of non-delivery with no anticipated delivery date or history (accounting) of what the car has been through.

The last information we got from the dealer, which was on the day we informed them we were walking away, they said the car was at a carriers facility and could not be moved because the 12V battery was dead. Jumping the 12V battery is a bit complicated as it is in the frunk and the frunk lid cannot be opened if the 12V battery is dead. There is a procedure to get the lid open. Until the 12V is jumped the car is a brick. If this story is true then the MME has been bricked since 12/12/2021 and does not explain why on 12/22/2021 Ford reported the car as being delivered to our dealer.

I did read on the internet that there is a software glitch that can drain the 12V and that the OTA is due out sometime in early 2022.

We also canceled our Lighting reservation and our dealer refunded our deposit.

We have a 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge arriving 2/18/2022 which was our #2 choice. So far the Volvo dealership has been a pleasure to deal with.

mrnd23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-21
Country flag
My final update.

We walked away from the 2021 MME Premium on 1/28/2022 because of non-delivery with no anticipated delivery date or history (accounting) of what the car has been through.

The last information we got from the dealer, which was on the day we informed them we were walking away, they said the car was at a carriers facility and could not be moved because the 12V battery was dead. Jumping the 12V battery is a bit complicated as it is in the frunk and the frunk lid cannot be opened if the 12V battery is dead. There is a procedure to get the lid open. Until the 12V is jumped the car is a brick. If this story is true then the MME has been bricked since 12/12/2021 and does not explain why on 12/22/2021 Ford reported the car as being delivered to our dealer.

I did read on the internet that there is a software glitch that can drain the 12V and that the OTA is due out sometime in early 2022.

We also canceled our Lighting reservation and our dealer refunded our deposit.

We have a 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge arriving 2/18/2022 which was our #2 choice. So far the Volvo dealership has been a pleasure to deal with.
We made the same switch. My Mach-E wasn't quiet as lost but stuck in chip hold limbo. We walked away too and got the 2022 XC40 Recharge. Being in it for the last 3 weeks - I can tell you I am glad we switched. It is way more fun to drive than the Mach-E ER RWD i had on Order (a similar spec to one we test drove as well). Enjoy your car.
I hang around this forum lurking just seeing the bad stories which further just confirms to me that we made a good decision.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Well, is there anyone left on this 10/18 build week thread that is still waiting for their MME? I hope not but don’t have a good sense for the remaining delays. I’m also wondering about all of the other 2021 build weeks after ours…

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Well, is there anyone left on this 10/18 build week thread that is still waiting for their MME? I hope not but don’t have a good sense for the remaining delays. I’m also wondering about all of the other 2021 build weeks after ours…
I'm a 10/28 build week and mine hasnt made it out of Mexico yet so I would assume there are some from the 10/18 build week without a car.

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm a 10/28 build week and mine hasnt made it out of Mexico yet so I would assume there are some from the 10/18 build week without a car.
My 2021 MME Premium has not shown up yet either. We got our deposit back 1/28/2022 and now have a 2022 XC40 Recharge due in 2/18/2022.

My current understanding is our MME has been a brick since 12/2/2021 and is located somewhere near SLC.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
My 2021 MME Premium has not shown up yet either. We got our deposit back 1/28/2022 and now have a 2022 XC40 Recharge due in 2/18/2022.

My current understanding is our MME has been a brick since 12/2/2021 and is located somewhere near SLC.
I hope you love your Recharge. I’ve always enjoyed the ICE Volvos that I’ve owned in the past. And you deserve no drama after what you went through. Best wishes.

Reactions: LJK

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope you love your Recharge. I’ve always enjoyed the ICE Volvos that I’ve owned in the past. And you deserve no drama after what you went through. Best wishes.
XC40 Recharge is an EV. No more ICE for me.

Thank you.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
XC40 Recharge is an EV. No more ICE for me.

Thank you.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear - I meant that I enjoyed owning an XC90 and S60 in the past. I test drove and liked the Recharge. ?

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry, I wasn’t clear - I meant that I enjoyed owning an XC90 and S60 in the past. I test drove and liked the Recharge. ?
NP.

The MME was our 1st choice and the XC40 Recharge was #2. The Recharge is due in 2-18-2022 and is a model year 2022. We got lucky a caught a cancellation.

The MME is a 2021 with a sketchy history. My latest understanding is that the 12V battery died making the car a brick about 2 months ago. It may or may not have the seat belt issue but certainly has the software issue that glitches and drains the 12V battery.

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This really is my final post.

The MME we ordered 7/15/21 finally showed up at the dealer on 2/2/22, 3 days after we walked away. The dealer GM made sure to let me know they sold the car by the time it was unloaded from the carrier for MSRP +$5,000..

Background Summary:
- 12/22/21 Ford informed us that the car was delivered and to prepare for payment. No car at the dealer!!
- For 6 weeks the dealer blew us off and Ford said they could not help because their records showed as delivered.
- On 1/26/22 the dealer told us the car had a dead 12V battery and was in SLC. It would ship when a tech could get to it. No estimate of when the tech would fix the car.
- On 1/29/22 we walked away. The carrier took possession of the 12/12/21 so the car had been immovable (a brick) for nearly 2 months. No explanation for the apparent delivery on 12/22/21 or how the car was handled. Dead EVs are not supposed to be towed or pushed as it frequently does damage to the electric motors. Also there is no way to get into the car other than to manually force a door open.

So either car was a brick and man handled for 2 months or the dealer was playing games.

Either way the dealer is $5k richer and person who bought the car may be in for a few surprises and we are without the MME plus weeks of frustration.

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
The dealer GM made sure to let me know they sold the car by the time it was unloaded from the carrier for MSRP +$5,000..
Sheesh. Taunting a customer is never a good look, even if there's zero chance you'll do business with them in the future, or if there might not be enough competition between Ford dealers in your area for it to matter.

I'm sorry you had that experience, and I hope you enjoy your XC40 Recharge when it comes. Best of luck to you!

LJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat, 2018 Kona
Country flag
This really is my final post.

The MME we ordered 7/15/21 finally showed up at the dealer on 2/2/22, 3 days after we walked away. The dealer GM made sure to let me know they sold the car by the time it was unloaded from the carrier for MSRP +$5,000..

Background Summary:
- 12/22/21 Ford informed us that the car was delivered and to prepare for payment. No car at the dealer!!
- For 6 weeks the dealer blew us off and Ford said they could not help because their records showed as delivered.
- On 1/26/22 the dealer told us the car had a dead 12V battery and was in SLC. It would ship when a tech could get to it. No estimate of when the tech would fix the car.
- On 1/29/22 we walked away. The carrier took possession of the 12/12/21 so the car had been immovable (a brick) for nearly 2 months. No explanation for the apparent delivery on 12/22/21 or how the car was handled. Dead EVs are not supposed to be towed or pushed as it frequently does damage to the electric motors. Also there is no way to get into the car other than to manually force a door open.

So either car was a brick and man handled for 2 months or the dealer was playing games.

Either way the dealer is $5k richer and person who bought the car may be in for a few surprises and we are without the MME plus weeks of frustration.
This entire horror story is so unbelievable and disgusting, I would be yelling from the mountain tops. (Not that anyone would do anything about it) I to, am sorry you had to go through this!

ayc5289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Battery eAWD
Country flag
This feels like a dealer scam to just get you to cancel your reservation so they could flip for MSRP plus mark up. The car magically appearing after you canceled is really shady.
Sponsored