rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
So do you have a scheduled build date? If so read instructions on the seg.fyi site and you can get your VIN. If you don't have a scheduled build date you won't have a VIN.

Hmm it's been widely reported that the 22 were going to start to be in production late November until recently I think that date moved to DEC.
I think you placed your order in July ... Which was I believe a 24+ week estimate for delivery if it was a Prem model.

Don't think you'll get much traction or help from Ford but good luck
You are correct about the order date for me. At this time I am sitting only about 3 weeks out from the 2022 build dates, it just sucks that the new cars have little more range and will probably hold value a better due to next years build.
Sponsored

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
You are correct about the order date for me. At this time I am sitting only about 3 weeks out from the 2022 build dates, it just sucks that the new cars have little more range and will probably hold value a better due to next years build.
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think the 2021s will have a range upgrade as well. I think it’s just allowing more of the battery capacity to be used.

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
Agreed, I am in the same boat (well mine didn't get rescheduled to November yet...) But we all knew what the parameters were when we placed our orders. It sucks but hey you Might get it this year vs Q2 2022. So there's that

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think the 2021s will have a range upgrade as well. I think it’s just allowing more of the battery capacity to be used.
There was a mention of it on a podcast where Mach E Prg Mgr said something to that affect would be released via OTA but otherwise no real mention of it.

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Agreed, I am in the same boat (well mine didn't get rescheduled to November yet...) But we all knew what the parameters were when we placed our orders. It sucks but hey you Might get it this year vs Q2 2022. So there's that

There was a mention of it on a podcast where Mach E Prg Mgr said something to that affect would be released via OTA but otherwise no real mention of it.
Haha we will be getting it slightly behind schedule like the other OTA updates in Q4 of next year then :)

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would like a 22 model for resale reasons but what I want more than that is to know what is going on with my order. I have had my VIN and WS for 3 weeks now and no progress.

The silence from Ford is deafening. A little communication at this point in the process would go a long ways!

I have a reservation for a Lightning (6/6/21) putting me around 90,000th in line. With the way things have gone so far with my MME I am thinking that I will not see my Lightning until 2024-2025. I will probably cancel.

I also have a reservation for an R1T. Folks on the Rivian forums are complaining about the silence from Rivian. They probably do not realize that the silence is universal and somewhat justifiable.

ayc5289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Battery eAWD
Country flag
Reached out to my dealer and they found my vin! However when I go to the ford.com tracking page, when I enter my order number and VIN I get an error. Not sure if I need to wait a few more days? Also - which site are people going to and seeing modules light up?

ayc5289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would like a 22 model for resale reasons but what I want more than that is to know what is going on with my order. I have had my VIN and WS for 3 weeks now and no progress.

The silence from Ford is deafening. A little communication at this point in the process would go a long ways!

I have a reservation for a Lightning (6/6/21) putting me around 90,000th in line. With the way things have gone so far with my MME I am thinking that I will not see my Lightning until 2024-2025. I will probably cancel.

I also have a reservation for an R1T. Folks on the Rivian forums are complaining about the silence from Rivian. They probably do not realize that the silence is universal and somewhat justifiable.
Car delays and poor communications are across all OEMs right now. I have a Tesla reservation that has moved 5 times and the price I locked in is 15k cheaper than their current price which means the car is never going to show up now. Inquired about Ioniq 5 and put a reservation deposit and never heard from them. Inquired about the new Lexus NX plug in hybrid and never heard back. So poor communications is rampant right now. We all just need to hang in there

ayc5289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer just called me with a dedicated rep now to handle my order delivery. He is saying at this point I am 3 months away from getting the car. I mentioned it is going to be strange getting a 2021 mach e in january 2022 and he said I should be closer to end of Dec. So goes car deliveries this year.

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dealer just called me with a dedicated rep now to handle my order delivery. He is saying at this point I am 3 months away from getting the car. I mentioned it is going to be strange getting a 2021 mach e in january 2022 and he said I should be closer to end of Dec. So goes car deliveries this year.
My dealer requires prodding and nagging to get them to check into the status of my car.

They keep telling me to ignore the internet. I think they are fighting the change to online ordering.

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Reached out to my dealer and they found my vin! However when I go to the ford.com tracking page, when I enter my order number and VIN I get an error. Not sure if I need to wait a few more days? Also - which site are people going to and seeing modules light up?
You order number is 4 digits and is the order number from your dealer.

OP
OP
Steve-o

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
I emailed my dealer and there is no change on their side as well, but nothing on the build date moving. So, everything might just be delayed or pushed (which might make sense if the '22s are being pushed back), so maybe get something in the next few days.

On the positive side, my winter tires / wheels are delayed as well with no real date right now, so being a little delayed is working in my favor for right now.

@jennq - Did yours get built? Be interesting as we have the same thing.

Last edited:

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone gotten a new build week yet? Heard anything?

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
Has anyone gotten a new build week yet? Heard anything?
not so far. no change, no information. Dealer suggests I do a chat with the folks at FordPerformance.com to get more information . . .

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
not so far. no change, no information. Dealer suggests I do a chat with the folks at FordPerformance.com to get more information . . .
I did talk to Ford today but not sure if it was FordPerformance.com. Whoever I spoke to had no information or advice.

My salesperson at the dealer did not reply to my texts.
Sponsored

Last edited: