First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Ugggh!
logged in today to see an estimated dealer delivery changed again. Now February 8, 2022. I’m not sure what’s so special that it keeps getting delayed, or if there is any way I will ever get this car! Not sure how long they can keep selling new 2021’s into 2022, but this is getting comical. (I’m not laughing, returned my leased BMW in Nov… sharing a 2014 corolla with my son for now)
Sponsored

Chargernc

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE premium, Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Nurse Midwife
Country flag
My car is here!!! My salesman is off so I will pick it up tomorrow after work!!
My Timeline has been:
Order placed 6/11/21
In Production 11/17
Built email 11/30
Shipped email 12/1
ETA 12/28-1/3
Arrived at the dealership 1/4
Pickup tomorrow!!!
As a side note my Palsapp only updated once this whole time and it skipped over Kansas City completely. It still does not show arrived as of today.
207 days from order to delivery
Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/18 Build Week Gang 14AEEA94-45D0-4CCA-879F-C4E21EDF9C0B

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car is here!!! My salesman is off so I will pick it up tomorrow after work!!
My Timeline has been:
Order placed 6/11/21
In Production 11/17
Built email 11/30
Shipped email 12/1
ETA 12/28-1/3
Arrived at the dealership 1/4
Pickup tomorrow!!!
As a side note my Palsapp only updated once this whole time and it skipped over Kansas City completely. It still does not show arrived as of today.
207 days from order to delivery
Congrats. You did well! Many of us who ordered prior to you are still waiting, but don't let that affect your enjoyment! LOL, as if it would? Happy New Year!

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I finally took delivery of mine today -- It reached the dealership on 21st of December, and then they had to put it on the seat belt hold. I wasn't expecting the call I got yesterday to come get it -- apparently the dealership got the repair parts quickly. outside of too many hours waiting to get all the paperwork put together and signed, we're now happy!

I'd like to figure out how to get the validation that the repair was actually done. . .

CapitolE

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Happy ending to this one! I took some of my snow day on Monday to research Maryland law, determine that the state MVA (their DMV) has jurisdiction over broken sales promises, and draft a complaint to their investigation division. Emailed the sales manager to confirm that their position was unchanged and inform them that the complaint would be going in today.

Lo and behold, I get a call this afternoon and the manager said that he hoped I hadn’t filed the complaint because they are now willing to honor their commitment to x-plan. He really wanted to make sure I got that complaint out of the mailbox.

Just back from the dealer. The deal is done and my MME is in the garage! I did have to “educate” the dealer that their $1900 in proposed transaction charges was $1450 in excess of what x-plan allowed, but I got those removed and escaped without any add-on services or additional costs. They also “forgot” that I had put down a $500 deposit but, again, fixed it quickly.

So excited to get to know this car. Too bad I couldn’t have done so last week when it was 60 degrees and still the 2021 tax year, but the car would have been $9,000 more back then!

I also learned a lot. Get it in writing at least twice, know your rights and don’t be afraid to insist on them. It makes me sick to know that they are probably pulling this garbage successfully 5 or 10 times for every deal they have to back down on, though.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Congrats, Roger! And I wouldn’t worry too much about your dealership not actually doing the work. The feds seem to take seatbelts pretty seriously, for some reason….

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
Happy ending to this one! I took some of my snow day on Monday to research Maryland law, determine that the state MVA (their DMV) has jurisdiction over broken sales promises, and draft a complaint to their investigation division. Emailed the sales manager to confirm that their position was unchanged and inform them that the complaint would be going in today.

Lo and behold, I get a call this afternoon and the manager said that he hoped I hadn’t filed the complaint because they are now willing to honor their commitment to x-plan. He really wanted to make sure I got that complaint out of the mailbox.

Just back from the dealer. The deal is done and my MME is in the garage! I did have to “educate” the dealer that their $1900 in proposed transaction charges was $1450 in excess of what x-plan allowed, but I got those removed and escaped without any add-on services or additional costs. They also “forgot” that I had put down a $500 deposit but, again, fixed it quickly.

So excited to get to know this car. Too bad I couldn’t have done so last week when it was 60 degrees and still the 2021 tax year, but the car would have been $9,000 more back then!

I also learned a lot. Get it in writing at least twice, know your rights and don’t be afraid to insist on them. It makes me sick to know that they are probably pulling this garbage successfully 5 or 10 times for every deal they have to back down on, though.
Good for you. Congrats on the car and saving yourself $9k!

bfleischer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV, 2015 Honda CRV
Occupation
Director - Information Systems
Country flag
I posted earlier about my Mach E being held up for the seat belt issue. Dealer told me mine was one the ones on the list and I'd have to wait. I really wanted to get it this year because of the tax credit and they said I could buy it but not take off the lot. I went through with it because at least I'd have a chance at getting the credit. On 12/23 I went in and finalized the sale, said goodbye to my Mach E and went home.

Now for todays events...

Because I am constantly on this site reading and learning, I found out not all cars built in the recall timeframe were affected. I searched Ford's recall site as well as the ETIS site and mine didn't show up. I called the dealer and asked them to double check what I've seen and she's finally home.

Same thing happened to me - they called to tell me it was on the recall, but then when checking later, it wasn't and I was able to buy/take the car home. I didn't get an offer to buy and leave it on the lot - dealer took a risk with that one! Congrats... every time I drive mine since I got it last week, I like something more about it.

bfleischer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV, 2015 Honda CRV
Occupation
Director - Information Systems
Country flag
Update - Delivered and purchased on 12/30 - Wednesday 12/29 I got a call from the dealership about 730 PM that my MME was on a truck to be transported the next day 200 miles north from the Benicia railyard to Redding. He described the prep process and confirmed my plan to use Ford Options. He said a delay may occur... charging it fully overnight if it came in too late and too discharged to get that done. I said I had a (40A JuiceBox) charger I installed myself in November - so no problem there. He said "Well, more power to you" and I countered with "Well, actually less" :).
The Email from Ford about finalizing the purchase arrived at 1:48 AM 12/30. I poked around for a bit until I knew it would be redundant. It didn't figure in doc and registration costs and tax etc.
Dealer called at 9:30 AM Thursday 12/30 to report it had arrived and we agreed on 1 PM for paperwork.
No ADM, I had to remind them about the $500 ordering deposit, no ad-ons, reasonable Doc and registration fees. We took a drive between finance app and completing the purchase.
2 fobs, no frunk divider.
I did not say anything about the Seatbelt anchor recall (Built 11/17) and did not hear a word from them. Maybe I will check the torque myself.

First impressions - a well made, capable, comfortable, speedy vehicle. PAAK-Ford Pass drains my Samsung phone battery faster than the wireless charger charges it. My pocket is burning up. I do like being able to open the Frunck remotely - because it sounds like someone trying to break out of it. But this function usually requires a restart of my Bluetooth.
We took a 60 mi round trip to Red Bluff last night on I-5 and Hands Free was a pleasant experience - when my wife wasn't disbelieving it. The hands free graphic doesn't show up when Navigation directions are up. A full ER AMD charge is coming up as 226-334 miles - our temps have been 35-55F. Return trip last night was 2.1 mi/KWh. 75 MPH. My daughter drove it for 30 or it's first 50 miles...before heading back to school. She is used to a Frunk, in the now gone 1975 911 Targa.

I am hoping others got their delivery before the tax year ended. Please report.

Happy New Year Gang!!!
Congrats! I was able to pick mine up on 12/28 - the last day of the original estimate window. Got the same spec as you - was happy to see frunk dividers were not there! And that the frunk open from the app worked. Every time I drive the thing I like more about it. So far Carplay wireless sync has given me no problems. One strange thing is when using PAAK, the car doesn't always greet you when you approach (i.e. no lights/puddle lights consistently with just phone). Seems to work fine with key fob. Although PAAK hasn't failed (yet).

Chris McD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza, Honda Civic
Country flag
Ugggh!
logged in today to see an estimated dealer delivery changed again. Now February 8, 2022. I’m not sure what’s so special that it keeps getting delayed, or if there is any way I will ever get this car! Not sure how long they can keep selling new 2021’s into 2022, but this is getting comical. (I’m not laughing, returned my leased BMW in Nov… sharing a 2014 corolla with my son for now)
Just joined the forums since my wife's MME has been in the same boat. Built notification sent 10/19 with original delivery date of 12/-12/7. Then the dates just kept getting pushed. We thought that it was gonna come this week since there wasn't an website update on Friday, but nope. Website updated this week with a 1/18-1/24 ETA.

Our dealer is wondering what's going on since it seems to just be stuck in the train yard at Mira Loma since December. I thought it was the seat belt issue. Who knows. Hoping that this is the final delay for all of us!

OP
OP
Steve-o

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
Got mine today as well and all is well. I had them put on my Winter tires at the dealer as snowing tonight here in NJ and was not going to pull out jacks in snow covered driveway. I need to figure out the puddle lights (read about them here somewhere) and figure out all the buttons. But, this forum is here to help us all!

Also need to decide when to post my first "The GOM is wrong" post now that I have the car ...

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag