Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Gus" Ford Mustang Mach-E, California Route 1
Occupation
Professional Pilot
Country flag
I’ll start this post by saying how much I love my Mach-E and I understand that it’s the first run of first generation car. I know in time it will become one of the best cars on the road once they iron out all the issues, most of which seem to be software related. I’ve put about 2000 miles on mine and all was going well, literally no issues except the usual PAAK glitches. Then the other day, I went to leave work, turned the car power on and was greeted by multiple error messages, the most notable of which was the power steering was unavailable. There were about 10 other error messages including “one pedal driving unavailable,” “blind spot monitoring unavailable,” “collision avoidance offline” and so on…. I know that some other drivers have had the power steering issue but I was wondering if anyone has also seen this multitude of faults all at once.?
I muscled the car to dealer, and were they just ever so thrilled to see me. The car has been there for several days and when I called yesterday, all they said was “we are still figuring it out and it’s going to take a while.”
I’m not posting this to complain or say shame on Ford, I expected some difficulties for the first year. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and what the fix(es) ended up being.

93EDBD0C-8AD6-41EB-AE3D-E42728719E07.jpeg
Sponsored

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
There are a handful of people who have had similar issues (myself included.) My dealer didn't find any hardware issues - they pushed all the outstanding TSBs at the time, and it never recurred after 2000 additional miles so hopefully I am out of the woods. The power steering error in your case seems a little unusual, but if it's a true hardware fault that should be easy to identify. Otherwise, see this thread:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-concerns-and-or-ipma-dtcs.8177/#post-214371

Might be worth giving your dealer this code. I am not an engineer, but it sorta seems like some communication between modules gets out of sync for one reason or another, at which point the car throws a bunch of errors instead of trying to do some kind of reinitialization.

To ask the usual questions, when was your car built? If it was before March, have you had the 12V TSB/software update applied?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
OP
OP
LearDriver_MM92
First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Pilot
Country flag
There are a handful of people who have had similar issues (myself included.) My dealer didn't find any hardware issues - they pushed all the outstanding TSBs at the time, and it never recurred after 2000 additional miles so hopefully I am out of the woods. The power steering error in your case seems a little unusual, but if it's a true hardware fault that should be easy to identify. Otherwise, see this thread:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-concerns-and-or-ipma-dtcs.8177/#post-214371

Might be worth giving your dealer this code. I am not an engineer, but it sorta seems like some communication between modules gets out of sync for one reason or another, at which point the car throws a bunch of errors instead of trying to do some kind of reinitialization.

To ask the usual questions, when was your car built? If it was before March, have you had the 12V TSB/software update applied?
Well, I presented them with the TSB's and the car didn't respond. They are at a loss right now. Ford corporate is getting involved. Thanks for your response though, was worth a shot.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I’ll start this post by saying how much I love my Mach-E and I understand that it’s the first run of first generation car. I know in time it will become one of the best cars on the road once they iron out all the issues, most of which seem to be software related. I’ve put about 2000 miles on mine and all was going well, literally no issues except the usual PAAK glitches. Then the other day, I went to leave work, turned the car power on and was greeted by multiple error messages, the most notable of which was the power steering was unavailable. There were about 10 other error messages including “one pedal driving unavailable,” “blind spot monitoring unavailable,” “collision avoidance offline” and so on…. I know that some other drivers have had the power steering issue but I was wondering if anyone has also seen this multitude of faults all at once.?
I muscled the car to dealer, and were they just ever so thrilled to see me. The car has been there for several days and when I called yesterday, all they said was “we are still figuring it out and it’s going to take a while.”
I’m not posting this to complain or say shame on Ford, I expected some difficulties for the first year. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and what the fix(es) ended up being.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10 faults and counting… 93EDBD0C-8AD6-41EB-AE3D-E42728719E07
This really looks like your 12v battery was low when you went to star the car. Low enough that some modules maybe didn't respond at startup or didn't start up as expected.

Have the dealer check TSB 21-2091

OP
OP
LearDriver_MM92
First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Pilot
Country flag
This really looks like your 12v battery was low when you went to star the car. Low enough that some modules maybe didn't respond at startup or didn't start up as expected.

Have the dealer check TSB 21-2091
That would make sense. I got a notification this morning that the 12V battery was discharging and the car had to reroute power to charge it. I will let the dealer know. Thanks for the help, very much appreciated.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
After running OPs VIN and looking through codes my guess is the power steering module is bad based on no PSCM codes but codes from everything else saying it can't talk to the PSCM or got invalid data from the PSCM. We'll have to see!

There were no low voltage codes so I suspect that isn't the issue. I sometimes get the message about re-routing power too. I think it is erroneous sometimes.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hello there! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN? We would like to look further into these error messages for you.

OP
OP
LearDriver_MM92
First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Pilot
Country flag
Still not much progress but Ford has escalated the issue to their SUV division in Detroit. Hoping there is a diagnoses by the end of the week.

p-zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E4X
Country flag
This exact same thing happened to mine this morning getting in to leave breakfast place. I drove home with no power steering and putting it in Park did not work. I've called around to several dealerships including the one I bought it from and they are all scheduling service 2-3 weeks out.

OP
OP
LearDriver_MM92
First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Pilot
Country flag
This exact same thing happened to mine this morning getting in to leave breakfast place. I drove home with no power steering and putting it in Park did not work. I've called around to several dealerships including the one I bought it from and they are all scheduling service 2-3 weeks out.
Wow, there is definitely something more to this and it’s not just a one off. Call the Ford Pass help line and get a case opened up. They might be able to expedite the timeline to get your car into service, especially since the engineering team is also dealing with the same issue with my car.

p-zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E4X
Country flag
Wow, there is definitely something more to this and it’s not just a one off. Call the Ford Pass help line and get a case opened up. They might be able to expedite the timeline to get your car into service, especially since the engineering team is also dealing with the same issue with my car.
There is another thread on the forums https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-power-up-ota-update-problems.8366/
Looks like the same or similar issue in the OP. Fantastic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LearDriver_MM92
First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Pilot
Country flag
As many suspected, Ford is having the dealership replace the power steering module. Thankfully they are confident it’s been diagnosed correctly and the fix should take care of the problems. Unfortunately the parts are back ordered and are not expected to arrive until September 3rd. ☹

OP
OP
LearDriver_MM92
First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Pilot
Country flag
Just wanted to give everyone an update. After almost a month in a time out, my Mach-E is fixed. As suspected by several, the issue did indeed stem from a bad power steering module. Overall, Ford corporate was very helpful and communicated well with me and the dealer provided me a loaner (ford eco sport, probably the saddest vehicle I’ve ever driven).
My only complaint, which will suprise no one was with dealer service. It took them a week to install the part despite it only taking under 2 hours to actually do, but we all know they would rather do 20 oil changes in a day than warranty work. Very happy to have my car back.
Sponsored