Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Oooooohhhh cool! A necropost about an unrelated topic that’s been covered in lots of threads and the answer to which can be found with a simple search ??
Place toll transponders in the black area of the windshield to the left or right of the mirror sensor complex and you’ll be fine. That’s what the collective experience has found.
Sponsored

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Like a galloping horse? YES that would be amazing.

Hopefully they have multiple to pick from including a rumbling exhaust. It would be fun to swap those from time to time.
@Ford Motor Company I ? the idea of a galloping wild horses sound outside the vehicle for pedestrian warning. Nothing would go viral faster and reinforce the brand. A driver-selectable option in an OTA update would make a great Christmas present for your customers. ???

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Oooooohhhh cool! A necropost about an unrelated topic that’s been covered in lots of threads and the answer to which can be found with a simple search ??
Place toll transponders in the black area of the windshield to the left or right of the mirror sensor complex and you’ll be fine. That’s what the collective experience has found.
Cool. A repost repost…

Does this mean my post is a repost to the third power?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company I ? the idea of a galloping wild horses sound outside the vehicle for pedestrian warning. Nothing would go viral faster and reinforce the brand. A driver-selectable option in an OTA update would make a great Christmas present for your customers. ???
This is great content, and I am here for it.

goldfishb

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi, in regards to the IRR windshield, will it be a problem for an EZ-PASS toll tag to be read properly? I thought I read somewhere the tag has problems with heat reflected windshields.
No problem I have used Easy Pass many times.

SirronD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE
Country flag
Hi, in regards to the IRR windshield, will it be a problem for an EZ-PASS toll tag to be read properly? I thought I read somewhere the tag has problems with heat reflected windshields.
No problems if placed within the area around the rear view mirror specifically designed for these devices - That is the black dots that are left/right of the rear view mirror on the windshield.

This post shows the correct location

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
Great list--- thanks!

This is the quietest car I've ever owned or driven. By far. No comparisons I can think of. I just finished an 8-hour drive from LA to SF, and normally I'd be brain dead from road noise. I have plenty of other issues from the drive ;) but road fatigue from noise isn't one of them. For the first time ever.

Love love love this car for this and many other reasons (took delivery March 2, 4326 miles so far ...)

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Great list--- thanks!

This is the quietest car I've ever owned or driven. By far. No comparisons I can think of. I just finished an 8-hour drive from LA to SF, and normally I'd be brain dead from road noise. I have plenty of other issues from the drive ;) but road fatigue from noise isn't one of them. For the first time ever.

Love love love this car for this and many other reasons (took delivery March 2, 4326 miles so far ...)

Was driving on the hiway with the wife yesterday and heard a belt squealing. I'm sitting there thinking where the hell is that noise coming from in this car? Then I realize it's the old beater trying to pass me on the left.

Love how quiet this thing is

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
It depends if the tinting is metallic. Non-metallic tints are not a problem. It also depends on the generation of transponder you are using. The newer generation transponders even work in the glove compartment.

The short answer is we won't know for sure until we try it! Although, if there are any Mach E engineers who have tested it, please let us know!
I may or may not work for a toll authority. Based on my using the transponder to get into my work place, I'll tell you it's a problem. That being said, I traveled on said Turnpike last weekend and decided to try different spots to see if/where it would read. I found that placing it in the black dotted area next to the mirror worked. Placing it below the mirror was a failure. Hope that helps.
Sponsored