Advertisement

10 things you didn’t know about Ford Mustang Mach-E

Stickboy46

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
The current Teslas comes with a 110-volt charge cable. That gives 2 to 3 mph of charge. No 240 volt charging cable or adapter is standard. A $520 240v, 14-50 plug mobile charging cable is available as an aftermarket item.

You're encouraged to purchase the Tesla wall charger for charging at home. Good advice.
As long as it can handle the 240 volts, you could. And honestly, I’d be rather shocked if it couldn’t. But this was as much research on a car than I’m never going to buy that I was willing to do. ;)
Did they change this recently? The charging cable that came with my wife's model 3 had a changeable adaptor for either a 120 or 240v outlet. 🤔
Just to clear up the confusion, the Charger that comes with the Tesla's will work for 120 or 240v. It only comes with the 120v plug, but it's easily interchangeable (it's designed to change the plugs easily) Tesla sells 5 or 6 different plug types for it for 35 dollars each.

This is a recent change as the early gens came with the 120v and the 240v in the car.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2020 Mach-E First Edition (reservation)
Country flag
Like a galloping horse? YES that would be amazing.

Hopefully they have multiple to pick from including a rumbling exhaust. It would be fun to swap those from time to time.
I can see it now:
  1. OTA update that lets you use any sound you want loaded from a USB key.
  2. Someone loads a giant fart sound.
  3. OTA update removes the "use your own sound" capability.

JamieGeek

Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Thor Axis, former C-Max Energi, former Focus Electric
Country flag
I can see it now:
  1. OTA update that lets you use any sound you want loaded from a USB key.
  2. Someone loads a giant fart sound.
  3. OTA update removes the "use your own sound" capability.
Tesla's already have a "fart mode"--really.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2020 Mach-E First Edition (reservation)
Country flag
Haha, I totally LOL'ed at the frown gifted to you by @Kamuelaflyer. Well done, you two.
The forum software is happy to tell me it's the only frown I have ever received on here. Well, so far anyway. 😂😛

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
To the best of my knowledge it is the former option, the button illuminates and you press the button, door pops open.

However, they MAY have an option like the latter, but I have not seen it demonstrated and I believe if it exists, it would be configurable.
I hope it is. Many of my Hyird features are configurable in the Settings section. If it is done by software, it is just a few extra lines of code.