10 things you didn’t know about Ford Mustang Mach-E

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
The current Teslas comes with a 110-volt charge cable. That gives 2 to 3 mph of charge. No 240 volt charging cable or adapter is standard. A $520 240v, 14-50 plug mobile charging cable is available as an aftermarket item.

You're encouraged to purchase the Tesla wall charger for charging at home. Good advice.
As long as it can handle the 240 volts, you could. And honestly, I’d be rather shocked if it couldn’t. But this was as much research on a car than I’m never going to buy that I was willing to do. ;)
Did they change this recently? The charging cable that came with my wife's model 3 had a changeable adaptor for either a 120 or 240v outlet. ?
Just to clear up the confusion, the Charger that comes with the Tesla's will work for 120 or 240v. It only comes with the 120v plug, but it's easily interchangeable (it's designed to change the plugs easily) Tesla sells 5 or 6 different plug types for it for 35 dollars each.

This is a recent change as the early gens came with the 120v and the 240v in the car.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Like a galloping horse? YES that would be amazing.

Hopefully they have multiple to pick from including a rumbling exhaust. It would be fun to swap those from time to time.
I can see it now:
  1. OTA update that lets you use any sound you want loaded from a USB key.
  2. Someone loads a giant fart sound.
  3. OTA update removes the "use your own sound" capability.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I can see it now:
  1. OTA update that lets you use any sound you want loaded from a USB key.
  2. Someone loads a giant fart sound.
  3. OTA update removes the "use your own sound" capability.
Tesla's already have a "fart mode"--really.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Tesla's already have a "fart mode"--really.

I think I knew that already. But I'm assuming that because Ford is run by adults, we won't actually see such a thing on the MME. ;)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think I knew that already. But I'm assuming that because Ford is run by adults, we won't actually see such a thing on the MME. ;)
Haha, I totally LOL'ed at the frown gifted to you by @Kamuelaflyer. Well done, you two.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Haha, I totally LOL'ed at the frown gifted to you by @Kamuelaflyer. Well done, you two.
The forum software is happy to tell me it's the only frown I have ever received on here. Well, so far anyway. ??

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
To the best of my knowledge it is the former option, the button illuminates and you press the button, door pops open.

However, they MAY have an option like the latter, but I have not seen it demonstrated and I believe if it exists, it would be configurable.
I hope it is. Many of my Hyird features are configurable in the Settings section. If it is done by software, it is just a few extra lines of code.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It depends if the tinting is metallic. Non-metallic tints are not a problem. It also depends on the generation of transponder you are using. The newer generation transponders even work in the glove compartment.

The short answer is we won't know for sure until we try it! Although, if there are any Mach E engineers who have tested it, please let us know!

Some new Audi's have ez pass transponders built into the car, was hoping the Mach E might.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I haven't heard anything about noise cancellation yet that's very important to me
I think we learned from the wonderful pre-roadshow “engineer’s friend” ride-a-long that there will not be any “noise cancellation” [as exists in the 2017 Platinum Fusion Energi for example.]

BazF

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWi3, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What noise is there to cancel?

EV's are very quiet by their nature. Sure there is a slight whine to them but in general very quiet. Especially when stopped--no motor idling.

The first time I stopped at a light in the rain in my Focus Electric surprised me at how loud the rain was.
"What noise?" At speed - tire and wind noise. The lack of engine noise in an EV can make these type of droning/roar sounds - although relatively low - appear greater and more distracting on long highway journeys.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
Hi, in regards to the IRR windshield, will it be a problem for an EZ-PASS toll tag to be read properly? I thought I read somewhere the tag has problems with heat reflected windshields.
I dug your old comment out... Good call! YES, my ez-pass isn't working lol. No word if Ford put a small section somewhere to allow ez-pass transponders or not, but mine is failing.

EDIT: Old comment, but this has been resolved to put the transponder on one of the 2 black areas on either side of the rear view mirror.

Last edited:

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Is the ir coating on the outside, inside, or baked inside? thanks.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Good question and I wonder if it is and different for the ipass? Side question, do I want to tarnish my fancy new car with the eyesore transponder?

Maybe car manufacturers should install hidden transponders that work with the tollways.
Washington state uses the license plate instead, no transponders needed. It's truly delightful.
Sponsored