Marlund

First Name
Marlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
I took delivery 2 days ago. ME premium xrange. Placed the car on charge for the first time and this morning I opened the app and it showed 100% charged with an estimated range of 238 miles. What happened to the 300 mike estimate. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I took delivery 2 days ago. ME premium xrange. Placed the car on charge for the first time and this morning I opened the app and it showed 100% charged with an estimated range of 238 miles. What happened to the 300 mike estimate. Am I missing something?
The range shown is an estimate based on many factors including outside temp, prior driving history, etc.

Reviewers have so far claimed the estimate shown is very conservative. We commonly call it the "guess-o-meter".

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
take it for a drive, and see what the actual mi/kwh comes out to be. multiply by 88kwh to get a better metric of the actual range in your current conditions. the range estimate (aka the guess-o-meter) seems to be conservative. Also, cold weather decreases efficiency of ALL BEVs, but that number (238) is probably very low compared to what you'll actually get.

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I am happy that it doesn't blindly say 305 miles in the middle of winter. It's actually how far you will be able to drive today, based on yesterday.
Sponsored