Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I took my MME in for 10K service at the dealer where I bought the car. The salesman said I had a $250 service credit. It was easy to make the appointment in the Fordpass app. The dealer was a 50 minute drive in Londonderry NH. They have a nice service department setup.

The 10K service is basically tire rotation. They offered the PAAK update and said the whole thing would take one to one and a half hours. The service writer said it was the first time the mechanic would be doing the PAAK update. Given the comments on the forum, I doubted it would just take one and one half hours. I agreed to the update anyway.

It took about one hour and 20 minutes. The service credit the salesman mentioned was just the Ford Points, so I could have taken the car to a closer dealer. The cash cost was under 30 dollars.

I recently got a new phone and have not setup PAAK yet. I am thinking about not using PAAK. I have forgotten my key without realizing it and had some PAAK problems. I may try it again.
Sponsored

Mr.Doug

First Name
Mr.Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E -Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I took my MME in for 10K service at the dealer where I bought the car. The salesman said I had a $250 service credit. It was easy to make the appointment in the Fordpass app. The dealer was a 50 minute drive in Londonderry NH. They have a nice service department setup.

The 10K service is basically tire rotation. They offered the PAAK update and said the whole thing would take one to one and a half hours. The service writer said it was the first time the mechanic would be doing the PAAK update. Given the comments on the forum, I doubted it would just take one and one half hours. I agreed to the update anyway.

It took about one hour and 20 minutes. The service credit the salesman mentioned was just the Ford Points, so I could have taken the car to a closer dealer. The cash cost was under 30 dollars.

I recently got a new phone and have not setup PAAK yet. I am thinking about not using PAAK. I have forgotten my key without realizing it and had some PAAK problems. I may try it again.
Good Luck.. :)

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Stromer ST-1, Cattrike, Mazda CX9
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
Naive question, why is a PAAK update a service event, rather than an OTA update?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Try PAAK. A lot of people find it good. For those where it isn't, it is highly frustrating. At least try it and see.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
The one drawback of PAAk is that you have to remember the fob when you take it in for any service. Also, if you have to get it towed, they won’t have a key… I guess you could activate valet mode, that might work.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
It will be a OTA eventually, but if you're having major PaaK issues you can have the dealer manually apply it.
"eventually"

No one, including Ford knows when

OP
OP
Eric_C_Boston

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I would rather keep the traditional key fob. If I activated it, then I am more likely to forget the fob when I need it.

Edit: I still wish they had the emergency key like I had for my 2015 FFH. Call me old-fashioned.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I really enjoy PAAK. Do to needing keys for the office, I bring a Fob with me Mon - Fri. On the weekend, I don't touch my FOBs. Since the dealer installed the PAAK update; it has not failed me. Warning though your car will want the App front and center. Sometimes it may recognize if running in backround; but most of the time it wants the APP up on your screen. Good Luch and Enjoy!!

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Stromer ST-1, Cattrike, Mazda CX9
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
"...manually apply..." Is there some special gear required? Even if not OTA, seems like something that ought to be user applicable ... its just providing a file to be applied, we update our own computers, routers, phones ... I guess Ford wants to keep Dealers engaged.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I would rather keep the traditional key fob. If I activated it, then I am more likely to forget the fob when I need it.

Edit: I still wish they had the emergency key like I had for my 2015 FFH. Call me old-fashioned.

Solution..........keep fob in faraday pouch in glove box (I do this), or remove battery from fob and place both in a bag in the glove box

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
"eventually"

No one, including Ford knows when
My guess is that is the software update needed for BlueCruise, in addition to the feature being enabled for your car server side.

I've learned to deal with PaaK issues. I'd rather wait for the OTA then have to deal with the dealer potentially making things worse, in my experience they aren't very knowledgeable about the MME.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
"...manually apply..." Is there some special gear required? Even if not OTA, seems like something that ought to be user applicable ... its just providing a file to be applied, we update our own computers, routers, phones ... I guess Ford wants to keep Dealers engaged.
I doubt the manual process is as trivial as installing an app update on you computer or phone. There could be device firmware that needs to be updated in a specific order as well. Probably better to not let end users tempt fate and brick their $45k+ cars.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

My wife uses PaaK but keeps the key fob in an RFID pouch in her pocketbook.

nathan624

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
are their updates not capable via OTA that have to be done at the dealer? seems strange.
Sponsored