Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
From what I can tell, the yearly/10,000 mile schedule is, as you kind of said, a glorified tire rotation. Everything else on the schedule is only to "inspect." I guess with your $250 credit it came out to $30 but that's all it should've costed anyways.

As a comparison, I drove my first Bolt 42,000 miles and my second Bolt 53,000 miles and never went to a dealer. With a floor jack and an impact wrench, I would rotate my tires and change out the cabin filters as needed. So 100,000 miles, $28 in filters and zero trips to the dealer (other than to turn in the fire hazard for a buyback :rolleyes:). But that's the beauty of EVs - zero maintenance. The MME is no different so I wouldn't go back to the dealer unless you had another credit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eric_C_Boston

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
The service credit was just the Fordpass Points (using the proper name) I got when I bought the car.

I may try out the PAAK again and put the key in a faraday bag. Thanks for the comments.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
From what I can tell, the yearly/10,000 mile schedule is, as you kind of said, a glorified tire rotation. Everything else on the schedule is only to "inspect." I guess with your $250 credit it came out to $30 but that's all it should've costed anyways.

As a comparison, I drove my first Bolt 42,000 miles and my second Bolt 53,000 miles and never went to a dealer. With a floor jack and an impact wrench, I would rotate my tires and change out the cabin filters as needed. So 100,000 miles, $28 in filters and zero trips to the dealer (other than to turn in the fire hazard for a buyback :rolleyes:). But that's the beauty of EVs - zero maintenance. The MME is no different so I wouldn't go back to the dealer unless you had another credit.
You are not wrong, IF......a person had the tools like you to do it at home. I used to have an impact, air compressor, jacks and stands. Then I moved and downsized and those tools are no longer with me.

I can pay a dealer $24 (my cost for the 10k service) a long time before I recoup the tool costs.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
You are not wrong, IF......a person had the tools like you to do it at home. I used to have an impact, air compressor, jacks and stands. Then I moved and downsized and those tools are no longer with me.

I can pay a dealer $24 (my cost for the 10k service) a long time before I recoup the tool costs.
I agree. But not if the full cost for every 10k service is $280. I guess my point was that it's easy enough to DIY, otherwise I'd just pay a tire shop $30 just to rotate the tires.

Reactions: TRP

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
I agree. But not if the full cost for every 10k service is $280. I guess my point was that it's easy enough to DIY, otherwise I'd just pay a tire shop $30 just to rotate the tires.
I got the impression that he has $250 in credits of which he only used $30 for this service. Thus leaving him with $220 in credits for the future.

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If you skip the services in the dealership, does it affect the warranty? I don't want to pay $280 for a tire rotation..

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
If you skip the services in the dealership, does it affect the warranty? I don't want to pay $280 for a tire rotation..
You can do your own service, just keep records. They would have to prove you did something wrong to deny a claim.

Also, it does not cost $280 for the 10k service. Mine cost $23.72

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I took my MME in this weekend and it cost $45.
I also took a look at the vehicle report I get every month. It seems the gasoline or diesel engine is in a good condition.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10K Service and PAAK update experience 1633373774633
To be fair, your hybrid or battery electric vehicle motor is covered in the same section, a few paragraphs later. All that's left is for a smarter "mail merge." ;)

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Just got back from my 10,000 mile service on my Premium RWD ER. Basically, as other's have stated, it's just a tire rotation and then "inspect" things that are generally "inspected" when you do an oil change (brakes, washer fluid ,etc.). My dealership was very open and honest about that fact, and I decided to have them do it anyway. They gave it to me for free, and said next time it's just $19.95. I do think I will bring it back every 10k and have them do it each time. I do take my other (much much cheaper) car to Discount Tire (as some others have pointed out) and get it done for free, but $19.95 is not bad and I can get them to do other things whilst I'm there.
Sponsored