10K Service?

MargaritavilleNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT (Aug build week-Oct delivery)
Country flag
Just hit 8K miles. Car has been perfect...hate to let anyone touch it! Has anyone had the 10K mile service? Do they do anything more than check for updates and rotate the tires? How many hundreds are they charging for this?
And would anyone like to explain the gray bars on the "power meter?" It seems the only time they are not there is at slow to moderate speeds, and car still accelerates when then bar is pegged against them at "higher" speeds....
How about jack points if I rotate the tires myself? Not seeing any on rear sides. Anyone else hate the lack of an old fashion owners manual where you could find info?
But love the car! Especially with todays gas prices!
Sponsored

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
This is my 3rd EV, I am planning on doing what I previously do, when I get my yearly inspection at a local garage I ask them to rotate the tires. Probably wont bring the Mach-E for a "service" ever to ford, I will ask that same garage to look it over more closely in 5 years, assuming they have experience with these. But unless lights or warnings are triggered, I dont bother.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
And would anyone like to explain the gray bars on the "power meter?" It seems the only time they are not there is at slow to moderate speeds, and car still accelerates when then bar is pegged against them at "higher" speeds....
The 'gray bars of shame' are showing you how much the power is being limited :( if you venture into the GT / GTPE forums and look at the various topics about 5 seconds power limitations it will give you a clearer picture.

But the the quick version is that you only ever get at most 5 seconds of maximum power and that has a lot caveats depends behind it. As the battery losses charge you will see grey bars appear showing you have much power is lost which is acceptable and understandable as one of those EV things.

However when you accelerate after a certain amount of time which may or may not be 5 seconds as it can be a lot less, a portion of the bar get locked out and you have to wait for it to clear before you get full power again, so depending on the speeds you are traveling the % amount that gets locked out and time it happens can be small or very large but always results in a very noticeable reduction in performance.
Sponsored