11/01 Build week gang

aduffyPNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Well folks; after much deliberation I've decided to jump ship and cancel/let go my GT order - as far as I can tell it hasn't shipped yet and the delivery ETA has moved to 1/3 - so no car this year/no tax credit.
I got the opportunity to check out the Polestar 2 in person (test drive, etc) and I'm sold on it - I definitely agree with the people saying the interior is better!! And it really is better in person than in pics! It has everything I wanted from the GT and is available now (in fact It'll be delivered to my house this week!)

SO - if you know anyone wanting a GT (ext rang battery, non perf, iconic silver) in Washington, there will be one at Kirkland Ford in January!

Good luck all - and hope you get to start enjoying your beautiful cars soon!

OP
OP
SirLamerok

SirLamerok

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT PE Cyber Orange
Country flag
Well folks; after much deliberation I've decided to jump ship and cancel/let go my GT order - as far as I can tell it hasn't shipped yet and the delivery ETA has moved to 1/3 - so no car this year/no tax credit.
I got the opportunity to check out the Polestar 2 in person (test drive, etc) and I'm sold on it - I definitely agree with the people saying the interior is better!! And it really is better in person than in pics! It has everything I wanted from the GT and is available now (in fact It'll be delivered to my house this week!)

SO - if you know anyone wanting a GT (ext rang battery, non perf, iconic silver) in Washington, there will be one at Kirkland Ford in January!

Build back better has to pass this year for the tax credit to change. And you can't be sure when it actually gets delivered so you have options. In any case I completely understand the fear of not getting the credit.

The_Boots

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dark Matter Gray SR AWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag

Yeah, I liked the Polestar, too. Never went out to try it because the dealer is a bit of a drive, and I didn't like the sheer number of options packages. I actually liked that with the Mustang was that there really aren't any "packages" outside the base tier. Since I wasn't really looking at the GTs, the options basically boiled down to drive train and battery. The Polestar looked at first to be priced similarly, but once you load it up, it starts getting pricey fast. To get the things that were important to me (ADAS, wireless phone charging, better sound) it's actually $9k MORE than the X-plan MME that has all of those included.
I think it's a MUCH closer call for you with the GT though.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Now a month past my production start date and still “In Production”. I was able to hit the “activate” button in Ford Pass, so now my car is “Activation Pending”. Makes me think this car is 99% built but waiting for something.

I’m growing less and less enthusiastic about purchasing this vehicle by the day. Hoping Ford throws us a bone for taking delivery of a ‘21 several weeks into ‘22 at this point. Although given the demand for cars right now they certainly don’t need to. A friend just reserved a Model 3 with anticipated delivery in February.

Aquar33f

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Now a month past my production start date and still “In Production”. I was able to hit the “activate” button in Ford Pass, so now my car is “Activation Pending”. Makes me think this car is 99% built but waiting for something.

I’m growing less and less enthusiastic about purchasing this vehicle by the day. Hoping Ford throws us a bone for taking delivery of a ‘21 several weeks into ‘22 at this point. Although given the demand for cars right now they certainly don’t need to. A friend just reserved a Model 3 with anticipated delivery in February.
Get a VVR from you’re dealer. I know mine is “in production” for the primary, but it then says “Produced” as the secondary status.

I think we are just waiting for the train. Hopefully this week.

dniemann

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Get a VVR from you’re dealer. I know mine is “in production” for the primary, but it then says “Produced” as the secondary status.

What is VVR?

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag

Just checked and dealer shows the same thing. Finished but not released.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag

Dealer said that mine is finished but needs to pass a glass roof test first.