Rickyricardo27

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD S & Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yeah. My wife has never really been a car person and I've always been responsible for everything relating to them from researching and buying to maintenance and upkeep. This was the first car she actually picked out. I kinda tease her about 'letting me drive her car' ?
You know something, that’s what’s hilarious about mine. She claims to not care at all about the cars and I do everything related to them too but I think she secretly loves it. Last night I asked her, so how was it? She said yeah it was fine… lol then later I caught her in the app setting up paak haha
Sponsored

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
You know something, that’s what’s hilarious about mine. She claims to not care at all about the cars and I do everything related to them too but I think she secretly loves it. Last night I asked her, so how was it? She said yeah it was fine… lol then later I caught her in the app setting up paak haha
My wife picked the Mach E too

Rickyricardo27

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD S & Tesla M3P
Country flag
Hi all just wanted to report on some good news for everyone with this build week. I believe we got upgraded to some 2022 stuff. For example: traction control button by the light switch, frunk opens from the app, paak works flawlessly so far, came with 2 key fobs and I believe there’s some battery improvements. I’ll keep my eye out for more things!

Aquar33f

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Hi all just wanted to report on some good news for everyone with this build week. I believe we got upgraded to some 2022 stuff. For example: traction control button by the light switch, frunk opens from the app, paak works flawlessly so far, came with 2 key fobs and I believe there’s some battery improvements. I’ll keep my eye out for more things!

I have all them on mine and the build week based on the sticker was 10/8.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Anyway to see what the usable battery size is?

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
Anyone ever get this window sticker expiration notice? Been sitting in KC since 12/12. Hope this means some activity.

6AEBEDD9-EC95-4FBA-B90B-D2A75FD21996.jpeg

OP
OP
SirLamerok

SirLamerok

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT PE Cyber Orange
Country flag
Car prices are crazy now. New and used. I feel like getting my GT at sticker is a deal.
I agree. But it's the first car I ever paid sticker price and I don't know if I am relieved or disappointed I didn't get to negotiate.

biscuit60177

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Shelby GT500; 2021 Challenger SP Shaker
Country flag
Does anyone know what the "Dispatched" status is in palsapp?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/01 Build week gang 1640620288174

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
I agree. But it's the first car I ever paid sticker price and I don't know if I am relieved or disappointed I didn't get to negotiate.
Well, unfortunately it looks like MMEs are going to be treated like they're GT350s or something until Ford ramps up. Unfortunate consequence of the American franchise dealership model, which frankly sucks but has a lot of social and political inertia behind it. I'm no great fan of Tesla in some regards but their pressure on the dealership model deserves credit.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Well, unfortunately it looks like MMEs are going to be treated like they're GT350s or something until Ford ramps up. Unfortunate consequence of the American franchise dealership model, which frankly sucks but has a lot of social and political inertia behind it. I'm no great fan of Tesla in some regards but their pressure on the dealership model deserves credit.
Tesla’s model has some advantages but having experienced both, I’ll stick with Ford. There are 6 Ford dealerships in my metro area. Some are total crap and I would never work with them. The one I chose was great and the people were fantastic and honest.

There is a single Tesla service center. When my model 3 was ready for pickup, they couldn’t even get their scheduling right. I showed up on my delivery day and they said “oops we thought you weren’t coming until tomorrow. The car isn’t ready.” You have to schedule everything through the app, no talking to actual people. There is zero incentive for them to do warranty work. Doesn’t mean they deny everything, but at least the dealer makes some money off Ford for warranty repairs and has some incentive to keep you as a repeat customer.

Then again, Tesla’s problems can be fixed with competition, they are not inherent to their model. Apple has retained pretty good customer service and has always been great for warranty work, despite moving retail in-house over a decade ago. Tesla just doesn’t give a shit about their customers, and the dealer model wouldn’t change that.

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
Tesla’s model has some advantages but having experienced both, I’ll stick with Ford. There are 6 Ford dealerships in my metro area. Some are total crap and I would never work with them. The one I chose was great and the people were fantastic and honest.

There is a single Tesla service center. When my model 3 was ready for pickup, they couldn’t even get their scheduling right. I showed up on my delivery day and they said “oops we thought you weren’t coming until tomorrow. The car isn’t ready.” You have to schedule everything through the app, no talking to actual people. There is zero incentive for them to do warranty work. Doesn’t mean they deny everything, but at least the dealer makes some money off Ford for warranty repairs and has some incentive to keep you as a repeat customer.

Then again, Tesla’s problems can be fixed with competition, they are not inherent to their model. Apple has retained pretty good customer service and has always been great for warranty work, despite moving retail in-house over a decade ago. Tesla just doesn’t give a shit about their customers, and the dealer model wouldn’t change that.
Interesting info. Highlights the pluses and minuses of the two approaches. The good thing about the traditional dealership/franchise model is that you can shop around for a good dealer. I've bought two Fords (one ICE, one MME) at two dealers and get them both serviced at a third dealership because it had an excellent service dept. Shopping around and finding a good dealer for service is a pain but on the other hand you don't just have to accept what you get from corporate if it's unsatisfactory.

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
Tesla’s model has some advantages but having experienced both, I’ll stick with Ford.
Oh and btw I wasn't saying I prefer Tesla's approach overall. I've heard other stories like yours before, and clearly Tesla has some issues to attend to. But on the sales side, they've certainly brought light to the inconsistent and often shady sales tactics inevitable in the traditional wholesale/dealer model. It might actually Ford and the other old-line OEMs to enforce some quality control on their dealer networks, and the fact that Tesla is out there might give them some leverage to do so.
Sponsored