Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach E Road Show - 11/06/2020 @McMahon Ford, in CT
My First Impression of the 2021 Mustang Mach E, some inside and outside shots not shown before ..

Sponsored

Last edited:

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the tour, gave you a like on YT

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very nice. I like some of the angles you showed, like in the back seat looking back. First time I really noticed how much the roof drops down just behind the heads of the back seat passengers. Pretty sure I'll just be taking that middle headrest out.

Sadly though, another show car that's only showing 231 / 94% = 245 range (270 model). The usual caveats apply.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
First video I've seen that clearly shows the height of the battery tray.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/06/2020 - My First Impression of the 2021 Mustang Mach E Screenshot 2020-11-11 082556

Now I have to go check out my Bolt and see if it is that pronounced.

Edit: On the Bolt its hidden differently: The door flange doesn't go all the way to the bottom so you don't notice it--there is a good chunk of trim below the door (granted in all the videos we've seen of the Mach-E no one has noticed it until now so...).

Last edited:

OP
OP
Electric Fusion

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Very nice. I like some of the angles you showed, like in the back seat looking back. First time I really noticed how much the roof drops down just behind the heads of the back seat passengers. Pretty sure I'll just be taking that middle headrest out.

Sadly though, another show car that's only showing 231 / 94% = 245 range (270 model). The usual caveats apply.
Thank you, I also got a high speed ride along in the Mach e.. I have to edit out allot of stuff however the cars may be show cars but at the event they drive them very hard on the highway almost x2 the speed limit for that highway don’t know if that was just because I push the guy todo it or not still the rage driving hard looked real good ..

Truly can’t wait to get this car!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thank you, I also got a high speed ride along in the Mach e.. I have to edit out allot of stuff however the cars may be show cars but at the event they drive them very hard on the highway almost x2 the speed limit for that highway don’t know if that was just because I push the guy todo it or not still the rage driving hard looked real good ..

Truly can’t wait to get this car!
Wow - great that you got a ride along

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/06/2020 - My First Impression of the 2021 Mustang Mach E Screenshot 2020-11-11 082556

Edit: On the Bolt its hidden differently: The door flange doesn't go all the way to the bottom so you don't notice it--there is a good chunk of trim below the door (granted in all the videos we've seen of the Mach-E no one has noticed it until now so...).
Most modern vehicles have pretty chunky door sills, not being colored coded makes it stand out a lot more. What made the battery tray more noticeable IMO was when getting in and sitting in the front of the mach-e was your foot did not need to go down as much to reach the floor as it would compared to an ICE nothing drastic but enough for muscle memory to notice.

As the doors are SUV doors that cover the full sill so the lack of color coding is not an issue. However with the low CUV ride height extra care may be needed when parked as alongside larger kerbs as where a normal car door may just clear at the bottom a full sill height door may catch :(, likewise parking on a road with an excessive crown could end up with the bottom clearing the kerb then digging into the grass.

OP
OP
Electric Fusion

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Screenshot 2020-11-11 082556.jpg

Yes I try to get shots I have not seeing before .. like the steering wheel adjustment is manual and location of the memory seat buttons.. the battery pack plate cover looks like .. was interesting to see .. pack seems taller than others .. I feel it will offer more side impact protection tho..

kermitfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus RS
Country flag

These are show cars that are early production units and these cars just sit around most of the time with people countisely useing the informate screen and playing with everything while the car just sits there not being used thats alot of drainage on the battery with no charge being added.I am perfectly happy and confident that the production cars will be close enough to telsa battery range that most people will be more then happy with their MME.
Sponsored