First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Hadn’t seen a build week thread yet and decided to creat my first one
What are times looking like these days from build week to dealer delivery? I’m wondering if these will arrive before the end of the year.

OP
OP
miccer88

miccer88

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e select AWD
Occupation
Military
Country flag
What are times looking like these days from build week to dealer delivery? I’m wondering if these will arrive before the end of the year.
A relative of mine just got a Bronco and it took 3 weeks but they make those in Mighican so I’m assuming at least a week longer then that

KSpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Stopping in from 7/25 group…. Getting mine this weekend. That should give you some kind of clue.

ricapar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just noticed that my order (placed 9/4/2022) just got updated with "Scheduled for Production, Week of 11/14/2022", so I guess I'm in this group.

I'm really hoping that it makes it here before the end of the year, otherwise that's $7500 that goes *poof*.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stopping in from 7/25 group…. Getting mine this weekend. That should give you some kind of clue.
Nice! Thanks for the real-time data. So maybe 8-9 weeks from build to delivery? I haven’t been following the tax credit changes. Im not sure if getting it in December or January is better.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm really hoping that it makes it here before the end of the year, otherwise that's $7500 that goes *poof*.
These won’t be eligible in January?

ricapar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
My understanding is that you have to take possession before December 31st, 2022 in order for the $7500 tax credit to apply.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d

When I went into the dealer to confirm the order (so they would accept it) I did sign paperwork that had the purchase price and everything else dated 9/4/2022, but I'm doubtful that'll be sufficient in order to submit for the tax credit.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My understanding is that you have to take possession before December 31st, 2022 in order for the $7500 tax credit to apply.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d

When I went into the dealer to confirm the order (so they would accept it) I did sign paperwork that had the purchase price and everything else dated 9/4/2022, but I'm doubtful that'll be sufficient in order to submit for the tax credit.
What about the new law that goes into effect in January?

fscscott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2023 Select
Country flag
Joining the 11/14 gang!! I'm guessing my delivery will be around New Years. But at this point who knows.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Joining the 11/14 gang!! I'm guessing my delivery will be around New Years. But at this point who knows.
The next big question is, will our cars qualify for the tax credit if they arrive in January.

fscscott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The next big question is, will our cars qualify for the tax credit if they arrive in January.
I can't see a reason why we wouldn't. It's assembled in North America and Ford is still advertising the credit on their website if you were to order today.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can't see a reason why we wouldn't. It's assembled in North America and Ford is still advertising the credit on their website if you were to order today.
Yeah, but there are requirements for where the minerals come from and where the batteries are assembled. None of Fords EVs qualify for either of those. If the government decides to put those requirements in place in January Ford would lose all of its tax credits. Only Tesla and GM would qualify.

Yes ford is listing it on their site, but they are not saying it will qualify in 2023, just that it currently qualifies, which is try until the end of the year. So 2023s that are built in October and maybe even early November will probably be fine, but our build week is doubtful. They may be delivered the last week in December, maybe.

fscscott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, but there are requirements for where the minerals come from and where the batteries are assembled. None of Fords EVs qualify for either of those. If the government decides to put those requirements in place in January Ford would lose all of its tax credits. Only Tesla and GM would qualify.

Yes ford is listing it on their site, but they are not saying it will qualify in 2023, just that it currently qualifies, which is try until the end of the year. So 2023s that are built in October and maybe even early November will probably be fine, but our build week is doubtful. They may be delivered the last week in December, maybe.
That makes sense. Not sure if you saw this but the 22 model meets the requirements so hopefully nothing will change in the MY change over.
https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/electric-vehicles-for-tax-credit

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That makes sense. Not sure if you saw this but the 22 model meets the requirements so hopefully nothing will change in the MY change over.
https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/electric-vehicles-for-tax-credit
Yeah they qualify until the end of the year. In January the battery requirements could go in place and that would disqualify them. Hopefully the requirements will be phased in and we’ll still qualify in January. I really hope.
Sponsored