Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Ordered
Country flag
Ford slashes price of Mustang Mach-E amid growing EV price war
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.13.51 AM.png

I hope Ford will consider us also...
It will apply to 23MY purchased 1/1/23 or later, they announced this along with the price cuts.

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR, Kia Optima
Country flag

Would be great but there is more chance of me being elected president of the new intergalactic congress 😎 then Ford doing anything price wise for any of us.

sar6770

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Country flag

Saw quote in an article

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/30/ford-mustang-mach-e-price-cut.html

"Ford said existing Mustang Mach-E customers awaiting delivery of their vehicle will automatically receive the adjusted price. For customers who bought one of the vehicles after Jan. 1, and who have already received their Mustang Mach-E, Ford will reach out with a “private offer,” the company said."

SFT-NY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E (ordered)
Country flag
Picked up my car on 12/31 and when I got off train on 1/30, car was bricked. Close to home so wife brought down jump pack to open frunk and the jump car. Low voltage error, battery was 11V so not sure if that drop is enough to brick. Off to dealer.

SFT-NY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E (ordered)
Country flag
After bricking of the car, I drilled two access holes in frunk cover to make easy access to jump points. I used the pattern from forums, but would move the lower one/positive cover 1-2 inches closure to the “+” sign. Works as is, but just a little over would be better.

I also replaced the 11” rear wiper blade with the 14” rear wiper blade from the Ford Edge. Direct replacement and improved coverage.

racer432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Ordered
Country flag
After bricking of the car, I drilled two access holes in frunk cover to make easy access to jump points. I used the pattern from forums, but would move the lower one/positive cover 1-2 inches closure to the “+” sign. Works as is, but just a little over would be better.

I also replaced the 11” rear wiper blade with the 14” rear wiper blade from the Ford Edge. Direct replacement and improved coverage.
I've noticed this recently, that the stock wiper seemed to lack a bit in coverage. Might be a little more strain on the wiper motor going with the 14", but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

SFT-NY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E (ordered)
Country flag
I've noticed this recently, that the stock wiper seemed to lack a bit in coverage. Might be a little more strain on the wiper motor going with the 14", but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
Looks like the rear wiper motors are the same for the MME and Edge.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/14/22 Build Week Gang 8DE2A4CB-E098-450A-B740-D8B6B0E1CF1D
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/14/22 Build Week Gang E141E853-E472-4885-9B42-7CFBF8E7F86A

BuckBaker

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT Cyber Orange, '86 Bronco, '83 280zx
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I think the smaller wiper is because the top section of the window doesn't get much in the way of rain due to the spoiler and wiping that area with no water on it makes it more likely to get scratches. *Shrug* just a thought

rchallender

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachEGTPE
Country flag
Anyone that took possession of their MME before 12/31/2022... Has anyone had any luck with Ford on trying to be included on the Goodwill initiative to be able to recoop any instant loss in resale value once they made the announcements that they were dropping the price, but only for those that bought after 1/1/2023?

choson

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Anyone that took possession of their MME before 12/31/2022... Has anyone had any luck with Ford on trying to be included on the Goodwill initiative to be able to recoop any instant loss in resale value once they made the announcements that they were dropping the price, but only for those that bought after 1/1/2023?
I didn't have any luck. I didn't push very hard, but I emailed them and got told it was meant for people who missed out on the tax credit and they can't apply it to individual cars.

It's not a very thought out answer on their part.
I can dig up the email if you want.

BuckBaker

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT Cyber Orange, '86 Bronco, '83 280zx
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I didn't try to get Ford to give me the price credit, but I did qualify for the full $7500 tax credit so that's a plus
Sponsored