DevinsHorsey

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD SR
Country flag
@irina.d.s @rolo2285 @VittalaP @CalRt1 @kustoo – we're all part of California peeps for our order week. I haven't seen anyone ship for our state yet, but I feel like they're waiting for enough cars to be done to send them our direction. Curious to see when your cars finish if they'll push us out, but like I alluded to earlier, they don't seem to be sending many cars out in general at the moment.

Jk! Looks like Rolo has shipped! Congrats!
Sponsored

Last edited:

racer432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Ordered
Country flag
Just got done with Ford chat, even though I had a Shipped date of 11/17 the current status of the car is that it is still in Lecheria for the handoff to the next rail carrier. That would likely explain why my railcar tracking info is still an outdated location from May 2022. I was really hoping that Shipped meant it was actually moving, but that doesn't sound like that case here.

Edit: Found some helpful info from an earlier production week thread that indicated there doesn't seem to be any updates in the railcar status once it leaves the factory until it gets to the border (Junction Point Mexico/Laredo Texas) so this might be where I am right now.

Last edited:

irina.d.s

First Name
Irina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
I just got done with Ford and I had the most confusing conversation. I mentioned last time I spoke to someone I was told the car was built, so why is it still "in production" a week later? This is what she said:

"The primary status of the order is in production. The secondary status for us is that it has been produced. The vehicle is still showing as in production."

What? So it's been produced but it's still in production? What? I'm assuming "produced" is not the same as "built", but she couldn't answer that either, she basically gave me the same answer but re-worded it differently. The good news is that she is still showing my ETA as 12/18/22 so fingers crossed that it doesn't change. Sorry, this is super frustrating and I needed to vent.

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
I just got done with Ford and I had the most confusing conversation. I mentioned last time I spoke to someone I was told the car was built, so why is it still "in production" a week later? This is what she said:

"The primary status of the order is in production. The secondary status for us is that it has been produced. The vehicle is still showing as in production."

What? So it's been produced but it's still in production? What? I'm assuming "produced" is not the same as "built", but she couldn't answer that either, she basically gave me the same answer but re-worded it differently. The good news is that she is still showing my ETA as 12/18/22 so fingers crossed that it doesn't change. Sorry, this is super frustrating and I needed to vent.
I hear you. Same for me, still sitting in production after a week. FC and my dealer are both saying ETA hasn’t changed at 12/26.

racer432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Ordered
Country flag
I hear you. Same for me, still sitting in production after a week. FC and my dealer are both saying ETA hasn’t changed at 12/26.
That is frustrating to hear, hoping you all get moving sooner rather than later. I've seen reports of cars getting built, then sitting around the factory for various reasons (waiting on certain chips, or parts that they ran out of but can be added after the car has been "produced"). That might be what is going on here, or it could be some black box of their production process that we will never really decipher.

kustoo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MACH E
Occupation
YOUTUBER
Country flag
@irina.d.s @rolo2285 @VittalaP @CalRt1 @kustoo – we're all part of California peeps for our order week. I haven't seen anyone ship for our state yet, but I feel like they're waiting for enough cars to be done to send them our direction. Curious to see when your cars finish if they'll push us out, but like I alluded to earlier, they don't seem to be sending many cars out in general at the moment.

Jk! Looks like Rolo has shipped! Congrats!
Doesn't look like mine has shipped yet. Saying an estimated delivery between 12/8 and 12/14

Kafka

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE Nite Pony Vapor Blue
Occupation
Techie
Country flag
Just got done with Ford chat, even though I had a Shipped date of 11/17 the current status of the car is that it is still in Lecheria for the handoff to the next rail carrier. That would likely explain why my railcar tracking info is still an outdated location from May 2022. I was really hoping that Shipped meant it was actually moving, but that doesn't sound like that case here.

Edit: Found some helpful info from an earlier production week thread that indicated there doesn't seem to be any updates in the railcar status once it leaves the factory until it gets to the border (Junction Point Mexico/Laredo Texas) so this might be where I am right now.
Were you given a KCSM # for the Mexico leg and Lecheria stops?

racer432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Ordered
Country flag
Were you given a KCSM # for the Mexico leg and Lecheria stops?
No, just the AOK 501819 number. I was able to pull up the outdated tracking info using the CSX phone number, but just got ahold of a real agent at Arkansas Oklahoma (I'm guessing that is what the AOK stands for) who said they are expecting that train car at KCS (I'm assuming that is Kansas City?) in a few days, but didn't have any more detailed information at this point.

jelleee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Select
Country flag
My status changed to built! I'm in CA and I ordered a 2022 Select on 3/24/22. It was rolled over to a 2023 model, was scheduled for production on 11/14/22, and built on 11/21/22. It's currently awaiting shipment :)
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/14/22 Build Week Gang 7ED4A26E-0ADF-4F28-9854-124CEC013B1E

racer432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Ordered
Country flag
My status changed to built! I'm in CA and I ordered a 2022 Select on 3/24/22. It was rolled over to a 2023 model, was scheduled for production on 11/14/22, and built on 11/21/22. It's currently awaiting shipment :)
7ED4A26E-0ADF-4F28-9854-124CEC013B1E.png
If you're willing, it would be great if you could add your details to this spreadsheet that we're using to track the cars in our build week https://tinyurl.com/nhk27rae

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag

I had maybe a similar experience with this while waiting for my factory ordered 2021 Bronco. Like you, it was supposedly built but stayed "in production" mode for a couple of weeks. I could see the modules etc. and my dealership confirmed it was built. There explanation was that maybe a QA check caught something and Ford was correcting it. Either way, that delayed getting it to the "Shipped Mode" by a couple of weeks time, which overall made me miss the original ETA by a couple of weeks.

Here is another odd thing which makes me think they were correcting/testing something. It came to the dealership with 80 miles on the odometer. The dealership said they didn't drive anymore than moving it around the parking lot, which I tend to agree as I went to look at it the day it arrived for them to install some aftermarket goodies and then bought it next day. Thus the factory put 80 miles on it for some reason.

So far,the Mach E didn't have those issues as it went from In Production, to Built, to Shipped within about 3 days. I hope yours gets out of that limbo mode soon!

DevinsHorsey

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD SR
Country flag