MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
FC just told me Laredo TX, but they didn’t have a rail number or tell me how long I have been there. I’m assuming that is a pick up location, so I won’t have a rail number until it actually gets picked up? Or FC just doesn’t know much really? Or both?
Sponsored

Wum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
FC still claims ETA is 12/7 - in 6 days. Mainly because the status hasn't been touched since 12/14 when it became "produced".
Well that just ruined my day. I was hoping that staying in production wasn't the worst thing in the world as long as the ETA doesn't change, but it looks like the ETAs are probably going to change based on your scenario. I knew I should've passed on the wheel locks or bumper protector or whatever other accessory I ordered that they ran out of...

tattar8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 C-Max, 2022 Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Well that just ruined my day. I was hoping that staying in production wasn't the worst thing in the world as long as the ETA doesn't change, but it looks like the ETAs are probably going to change based on your scenario. I knew I should've passed on the wheel locks or bumper protector or whatever other accessory I ordered that they ran out of...
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't order any of that. Just a Select Mach-E with eAWD and the red paint job. Neither of which are something that the car can get to the "produced" stage without.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Here is the picture of Blu-E. It was an abandoned horse so we adopted it today. MY2022 Premium AWD Extended Range at MSRP.

We are still on the fence about taking the delivery of the incoming 2023 vapor blue premium rwd sr light gray interior. If anyone is interested, please message me and I will let you know if we decide not to take the delivery. Dealer is in TX (West of Dallas) and sells at MSRP but you will have to talk to the dealer.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/14/22 Build Week Gang PXL_20221128_183323059

tattar8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At this point I really wish Ford would just provide some transparency as to why some cars ship after a day and others after a month. If it's due to a missing part just say so -- it seems nobody outside the Mexico plant knows any details. It's incredibly frustrating with them insisting ETA in 6 days while thousands of dollars hang in the balance.

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
At this point I really wish Ford would just provide some transparency as to why some cars ship after a day and others after a month. If it's due to a missing part just say so -- it seems nobody outside the Mexico plant knows any details. It's incredibly frustrating with them insisting ETA in 6 days while thousands of dollars hang in the balance.
I honestly don’t think there is a valid method, it might be whatever is convenient to ship on a certain rail, etc at the time the rail arrives. Depends on where it is going, stops, space available on the rail, hell it might be because some cars are physically closer and easier to get on a train as opposed to others that might be buried 4 rows back and difficult to get to, who knows. Same thing with Jeep, there were nothing but theories about production process and shipping. At least with Ford, once you have the rail number or trucking info, you can actually track it along the way, not Jeep.

Wum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Mine was moved from production to built overnight! Hopefully, yours gets moved to built soon.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
Here is the picture of Blu-E. It was an abandoned horse so we adopted it today. MY2022 Premium AWD Extended Range at MSRP.

We are still on the fence about taking the delivery of the incoming 2023 vapor blue premium rwd sr light gray interior. If anyone is interested, please message me and I will let you know if we decide not to take the delivery. Dealer is in TX (West of Dallas) and sells at MSRP but you will have to talk to the dealer.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/14/22 Build Week Gang PXL_20221128_183323059
One thing to keep in mind is that the dealer may have a waitlist of interested buyers with pre-existing orders, in which case they may prioritize the order of that list. It's what my dealer does with any unclaimed orders.

tattar8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are all status changes happening overnight or can they happen throughout the day?

rchallender

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachEGTPE
Country flag
Kendleton is a bit southwest of Houston. I think "Received Ramp 78" means it was offloaded from the train there? And then my guess is it was sent on a truck over to the San Antonio dealer I ordered it from and arrived on 11/29. I'll ask him if there are any more details when I pick it up on Friday.
@Warp Asylum Do you know what your Ramp One Code shows on your Sticker?

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
One thing to keep in mind is that the dealer may have a waitlist of interested buyers with pre-existing orders, in which case they may prioritize the order of that list. It's what my dealer does with any unclaimed orders.
I do not work for the dealer so I do not know for sure. I think the saleperson who has an abandoned order would get the first dip for some days. If the saleperson cannot find a new customer to take the order, it would go to the main pool. We have taken two deliveries from abandoned orders. Based on my and other friends' experiences, all cars were sold at msrp or less.

Davesen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
Country flag
Are all status changes happening overnight or can they happen throughout the day?
My "Shipped" email from Ford came in at 4:51am. (I never received a "Built" email.)

tattar8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just called around to a few dealers nearby to find out if there are any abandoned ones on the lot.

One of them offered to sell me someone else's order for a markup if I came in person to negotiate. I turned him down.

That can't be normal practice, can it?

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR, Kia Optima
Country flag
I have noticed that my status changes happened some time close to midnight for me.

irina.d.s

First Name
Irina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't order any of that. Just a Select Mach-E with eAWD and the red paint job. Neither of which are something that the car can get to the "produced" stage without.
I'm right there too. Mine's a Select RWD, carbonized gray metallic with black interior and I've been sitting "in production" since 11/14. I've called and chatted with Ford every week since and I keep getting the same ETA of 12/18. The last time I contacted them was this Monday and the ETA hasn't changed and it's still in production so I'm just as confused and frustrated as you guys. None of this makes any sense to me.
Sponsored