11/21/2022 Build Week Gang

emulsifide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+, '23 MME Select AWD Ordered
Country flag
How did their offer on your Tesla compare with the multitude of companies out there that buy cars - e.g. Vroom; GivemetheVIN etc.? There was a definite down turn this year. We sold our '21 MY to GivemetheVIN for more than we paid for it in 12/21. This year, the numbers cratered for our '22 MY. I ended up ok from a BMW dealer (I bailed on our MachE as I knew it wouldn't make it in '22 and we won't qualify for the tax credit in '23).

That said, I'm confident that my Ford dealer would stick to their quoted trade in number that they gave me in September. Have done several deals with them and they stick to their original offers - always. Too bad the folks you worked with don't seem as nice...

Likely doesn't help that Tesla kicked in a discount at the end of the year
Thanks for the insight. I'm not going to get into it any further since that's not the point of this thread. The moral of the story is don't give the dealerships a millimeter to take advantage of. They were probably jumping up and down in their heads after they figured out that my purchase was contingent on getting a specific price on my trade-in. All they had to say was no deal for me to have no choice but to walk away from the transaction, because I wasn't buying the car outright. It's better in their minds to piss off the loyal and patient customer so that they can put an insane markup on the car and sell it the next day. Oh well...
Sponsored

bigredx86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium STD AWD
Country flag
Still waiting for our dealer to get the Mach-e as they were able to get me a status and location of where it is, which is encouraging as I wasn't getting any feed back. Its still at the train yard for offloading but hasn't happen yet by the looks of it. Hoping that still happens before EOY. If they get it before EOY they will whip up the paper work for me even if its not done with PDI, so thats awesome but we'd love to get it before EOY either way.

Hope all had a good holiday.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
so that they can put an insane markup on the car and sell it the next day.
I don't want to minimize your situation, but this is quickly not the case anymore, at least where I live. My local dealership has a crazy ADM policy, which has resulted in a handful of '22s sitting on their lot for months in some cases. The only dealerships that I see with inventory of '23s are notorious ADM dealerships. I'm sure they may eventually get some extra money on the sales, but I think the tide is turning, albeit slowly.

ddr24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Expedition, 2023 MachE GTPE
Country flag
As of this around 11am ET this morning, was still vinview-ing in Ayer, MA. Just checked the Ford tracking and sometime between then and now, the status switched to, "...in final preparation. @Its_my_wifes_car, perhaps yours is/was on the same car carrier...

Reactions: njb

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
As of this around 11am ET this morning, was still vinview-ing in Ayer, MA. Just checked the Ford tracking and sometime between then and now, the status switched to, "...in final preparation. @Its_my_wifes_car, perhaps yours is/was on the same car carrier...
Congrats to you. Nope. I’m still in Ayer. Only 2 vehicles there for my dealership so I’m guessing they wait for a full load or perhaps it would hitch a ride on another partial load and make a few stops. However this is the longest wait in a while since a delivery of any sort to my dealer from Ayer (I’ve been monitoring for a few months) so perhaps it’ll head north tomorrow or the next day. I actually have an appt to get the snow tires put on for Friday so hoping I didn’t jinx myself.

E17D6332-90F5-43F5-9D80-71A01B0C88EF.jpeg

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Just got the text/email from Ford pushing the delivery date to 1/5 - 1/11/23. Was supposed to be here the week of 12/21, expected ETA of 12/24. Not taking delivery since the dealership had me take a '22 that came in instead, just adding new data to the thread.

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford mustang mach e gt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got the text/email from Ford pushing the delivery date to 1/5 - 1/11/23. Was supposed to be here the week of 12/21, expected ETA of 12/24. Not taking delivery since the dealership had me take a '22 that came in instead, just adding new data to the thread.
Mine finally shipped!!!! Took long enough. Batch 9511

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Pickup tomorrow...11/21 build week (9479).

Dealer arrival.jpg
Congrats @ddr24 - mine is still in Ayer. Hoping next week perhaps. No worries that you hopped over me…it’s all good! BTW - what dealer did you buy from?

ddr24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Expedition, 2023 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Congrats @ddr24 - mine is still in Ayer. Hoping next week perhaps. No worries that you hopped over me…it’s all good! BTW - what dealer did you buy from?
Thanks. Dealer is Grappone in Bow. Good folks. Helpful with VinView. Look forward to seeing a pic of yours when it comes in...

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thanks. Dealer is Grappone in Bow. Good folks. Helpful with VinView. Look forward to seeing a pic of yours when it comes in...
Yes Grappone. I agree. I’ve bought 3 vehicles from them over the years. Congrats again and yes I’ll be posting…

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
My dealer called tonight and let me know that my 2023 MME GTPE arrived!! I will be heading down tomorrow to sign the paperwork and take possession.

Talk about skirting in right under the wire before the new tax laws take affect.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Just a quick update. I was able to make it down to the dealer and take possession of my MME. Got there a little after 9 AM and was out in under an hour.

Anyway, nothing but great things to say about Uftring Ford in East Peoria IL. No dealer BS and no hard sells for things like etching or extended warranties.

My timeline is as follows. Ordered 8/29/2022, went into production week of 11/21/2022, built 11/25/2022, shipped on 11/26/2022, and purchased on 12/31/2022.

So enough boring chit chat how about some pics of a brand new 2023 MME GTPE in Grabber Blue!!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/21/2022 Build Week Gang IMG_20221231_111945552_HDR

Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/21/2022 Build Week Gang IMG_20221231_112023494_HDR

Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/21/2022 Build Week Gang IMG_20221231_112036177_HDR