Atladawg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Country flag
What i Heard, it depends on Dealer and area of where you live. If you area is in High demand you get delayed. If your area is in Low demand and you are first of the few , you get early, those where the comments by the dealer agent.
I think this is partly valid, in that people in high demand areas and states tend to wait longer. However, it still doesn’t explain why some vehicles with the same specs destined for the same area are shipped and others are not. Especially when Ford said those of us with converted orders would be prioritized. I’ll let you guess which camp I’m in haha. But congrats to those receiving their vehicles. I can’t wait for that feeling!
Sponsored

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
I think this is partly valid, in that people in high demand areas and states tend to wait longer. However, it still doesn’t explain why some vehicles with the same specs destined for the same area are shipped and others are not. Especially when Ford said those of us with converted orders would be prioritized. I’ll let you guess which camp I’m in haha. But congrats to those receiving their vehicles. I can’t wait for that feeling!
This - I didn't expect my car early (or even on time really) until people in the same metro area started getting theirs early.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
I get it. I'm not a converted order, but mine was just 300 or so behind yours in the batch. It has been frustrating to see cars two batches behind ours make much better progress. The process just makes so little sense that it is hard to accept. I'm happy that everyone will start to get their cars now and I know that eventually I'll be in the camp also.

Mach23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW 228i
Country flag
Thanks for posting the video. Very helpful and makes me feel more confident that the car is actually on a rail car in the US and is making its way to CA. I don’t want to get my hopes up too much for a 2022 delivery but you have given me more hope. Hopefully there won’t be a rail strike!!
Found this video about TTX cars. Makes me even more confident they wouldn't move our Mach E's off of one railcar onto another. Because all the railroad companies use these same railcars.

As a follow up - KCS TTGX 156118 transported my car to Laredo, Texas. It was offloaded and then moved to BNSF TTGX 715884 and is currently sitting in Galveston, TX. The originating railcar headed west out of Texas and was last reported in Clovis, NM - unfortunately my car is not on it.

When I chatted Ford a couple days ago, FC provided me the new railcar number. My dealer also sent me an update that the "interchange from KCS to BNSF was completed on 11/29 and is expected at the dealership in SoCal on 12/11. Seems fast to me but who knows.

Cody - Hopefully your car actually headed west out of TX.

23MachE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange Mach E GT Performance Nite Pony
Country flag
As a follow up - KCS TTGX 156118 transported my car to Laredo, Texas. It was offloaded and then moved to BNSF TTGX 715884 and is currently sitting in Galveston, TX. The originating railcar headed west out of Texas and was last reported in Clovis, NM - unfortunately my car is not on it.

When I chatted Ford a couple days ago, FC provided me the new railcar number. My dealer also sent me an update that the "interchange from KCS to BNSF was completed on 11/29 and is expected at the dealership in SoCal on 12/11. Seems fast to me but who knows.

Cody - Hopefully your car actually headed west out of TX.
Thanks! It did, now at the Union Pacific auto yard in Mira Loma, confirmed by dealer. Updated estimated delivery from 12/14 to 12/10.

Sorry to hear that yours has had less luck. One difference I guess between ours is that FC continued to say mine was in Laredo and continued to give the same TTGX number throughout the westward trek. In fact, FC still says mine is in Laredo (which is likely due to my current UP status is "PCO in Mira Loma" which seems to indicate the railcar is dropped off, but journey not officially completed because the railcar has not been emptied yet). I imagine once the railcar is emptied, FC will give me an updated location, but time will tell.

JustSomeQuickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I just spoke with my Ford dealer. They confirmed it left Missouri on a truck yesterday heading up to where I'm at in northern Illinois.

That must have been what triggered my order to move to "Final Preparation" and the email -- I no longer see an estimated delivery date.

Instead now it lets me do all the purchasing online if I wanted to but since I want to pay cash for some, finance the rest, that option isn't available on Ford.com
Just another update.

I just got a call from the dealership, it was delivered today and is ready for pickup.

To summarize my experience:

• Ordered online 8/30
  • Dealership submitted order 8/31
  • Production date confirmed in Ford Chat of 11/11
  • Modules started appearing on the VIN lookup (11/12)
  • Shipped mid-November (email came in 11/14)
  • Update from Ford Chat that it was in Laredo, TX (11/23 or 11/24)
  • Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO on 11/27 (maybe sooner, this was when I got an update from Ford Chat)
  • Recieved email from Ford asking to complete my order (11/30)
  • Dealership confirmed on truck heading to dealership (11/30)
  • Dealership confirmed delivery and ready for pickup (12/1)
My original estimated delivery date was 12/9/2022 - 12/15/2022.

I'm hoping to schedule an appointment this evening or tomorrow to pick it up -- I'll post some pics when I do.

Last edited:

LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Vapor Blue Metallic
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Just another update.

I just got a call from the dealership, it was delivered today and is ready for pickup.

• Ordered online 8/30
  • Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO on 11/27 (maybe sooner

I'm hoping to schedule an appointment this evening or tomorrow to pick it up -- I'll post some pics when I do.
My details are the same up to KC, yet my delivery has been firm at 12/3-9. It seems they put some slop in for cross-state trucks.

Last edited:

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Just another update.

• Ordered online 8/30
  • Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO on 11/27 (maybe sooner

What color you end up getting? Still waiting to see a couple of pics of the Vapor Blue.

Mach23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW 228i
Country flag
Thanks! It did, now at the Union Pacific auto yard in Mira Loma, confirmed by dealer. Updated estimated delivery from 12/14 to 12/10.

Sorry to hear that yours has had less luck. One difference I guess between ours is that FC continued to say mine was in Laredo and continued to give the same TTGX number throughout the westward trek. In fact, FC still says mine is in Laredo (which is likely due to my current UP status is "PCO in Mira Loma" which seems to indicate the railcar is dropped off, but journey not officially completed because the railcar has not been emptied yet). I imagine once the railcar is emptied, FC will give me an updated location, but time will tell.
Congratulations. Looks like you are getting close. Dealer tells me the final railcar destination is San Diego as opposed to Mira Loma. Maybe had my car been heading to Mira Loma via UP it would have continued west. The auto yard in San Diego is operated by BNSF. Maybe the car will head west from the BNSF yard in Galveston. Just hoping.

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
@njb just called CSX and it said it's empty 12/1 at Sanchez Tamaulipas and no estimate time of delivery.

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Back in MX for another load of cars I guess. Quicker return trip for sure.
How do we find the new tracking information if someone picked it up?

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
How do we find the new tracking information if someone picked it up?
Convince either FC or your dealer to give it to you. This is where I am. FC says I'm still at 6R. No new tracking train or truck according to them. I don't show up on United Road and my dealer only answers my emails about 1/2 the time. On Monday they sent me a cropped VinView of my car on the map in KC. That's it.
Sponsored