mjelly50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium SR RWD, 2019 Acura MDX
Country flag
Since we will all be getting our cars in 3-6 weeks any thoughts on chargers?
The chargepoint is out of stock, I see a mossimo one on costco on sale rightnow, but I can get the autel one for the same price. ~500
A major d'oh moment, I thought I already had a nema 14-50 turns out it was a 10-50 upon closer inspection (behind cabinet)
I've been wondering the same thing on the L2 home chargers. I'm planning on having my electrician hard wire the charging station. I've been considering with the Ford, Juicebox or Emporia. But would like to hear other opinions.

BTW, I have my tear tag finally today but status has not changed to built or shipped. So more waiting.
Sponsored

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Since we will all be getting our cars in 3-6 weeks any thoughts on chargers?
The chargepoint is out of stock, I see a mossimo one on costco on sale rightnow, but I can get the autel one for the same price. ~500
A major d'oh moment, I thought I already had a nema 14-50 turns out it was a 10-50 upon closer inspection (behind cabinet)
We have a tesla charger so I am trying to decide between teslatap or lectron. I'm leaning towards lectron because the teslatap mini is twice the price.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
I have the L2 charger narrowed down to chargepoint flex or emporia.

anyone have either of these ? Is the premium price for 2 more amps an hour (48 vs 50) worth the huge price difference?

mjelly50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We have a tesla charger so I am trying to decide between teslatap or lectron. I'm leaning towards lectron because the teslatap mini is twice the price.
Lectron looks interesting however doesn't look like it has a mobile app.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
I'm in OC, CA, too. However, I ordered a MME 12/7/21, which was built 9/13 and arrived at ramp 6R, Richards-Gebaur, MO 9/27. It has been there ever since. Apparently, some western deliveries, CA, CO, AZ, TX, are being greatly delayed, without explanation. Ford.com, Chat, and dealer are all nearly worthless in communicating about this delay. For your sake, I hope your dealer's access to VIN View will be fulfilling for you and that your MME delivery will be before 1/1/23.
1668474572514.gif
Iā€™m in LA and Ford Chat told me thereā€™s currently no delivery date. Not holding my breath. Thankfully we snatched one a few weeks ago.

mjelly50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I didn't know that was an option. Do you know what the app does?
I'm a newbie to all of this too and learning as much as possible. From what I've been reading/watching, the app will give you the ability to track all sorts of info on the amount of electricity being used. Which I think the car also tracks some of that for you too in the Ford app. So may be a bit redundant. Others with more experience may be able to provide a better answer. I think I'm leaning towards the Emporia right now. Seems like the best bang for the buck.

Also, chatted with Ford earlier and the rep gave me a 12/24 delivery date. So fingers crossed can get this before 12/31.

Reactions: njb

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
Just called my Dealer. They said that my car is in Kansas, and from there will be sent to Michigan for final assembly. After that it will be shipped to the Bay Area. They re-affirmed December 9th delivery date.
What?! Does this maybe explain why the first 500 or so cars of the first batch are showing no progress? Because they have to be ā€œfinishedā€ somewhere else and then finally ā€œshipped?ā€

This process gets stranger and strangerā€¦.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Just called my Dealer. They said that my car is in Kansas, and from there will be sent to Michigan for final assembly. After that it will be shipped to the Bay Area. They re-affirmed December 9th delivery date.
This is weird. Even if it's something to do with the new run for the 2023MY, you would think it would be cheaper to send someone or something down to Mexico rather than a bunch of cars through Michigan.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
This is weird. Even if it's something to do with the new run for the 2023MY, you would think it would be cheaper to send someone or something down to Mexico rather than a bunch of cars through Michigan.
Couldnā€™t agree more. It makes very little sense on the surface.

kalphoto

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Honda Pilot (soon to be Mache)
Country flag
Iā€™m in LA and Ford Chat told me thereā€™s currently no delivery date. Not holding my breath. Thankfully we snatched one a few weeks ago.
where did you pick one up and how much over MSRP did you have to pay?

choson

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Ford.com is now showing built with an
Estimated Delivery 12/17/2022 - 12/23/2022.
Ordertrack.app shows awaiting shipment.
Checking modules shows lots of bce, but no pcm or tear tag.

Prem ER AWD, grabber blue, nite pony
876/1034
I'm now showing shipped/in transit (but no shipped date?) on the various tracking sites, and got an email from Ford that it was built this morning.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/7/22  Build Week Thread for 2023 MME's 1668496998706

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
I was told that ford is having delivery logistics issues in California. Apparently the port entry they come in on is some sort of govt owned land. Only a certain folks are authorized to load up the vehicles once they are driven out from a ā€˜securedā€™ area. The problem is there arenā€™t enough drivers for the amount of cars. Some ford dealers even looked into hiring their own personnel to get the cars and deliver them to the dealer. Iā€™m not 100% clear on why this wasnā€™t allowed but I think it was something to do with govt clearance.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I'm now showing shipped/in transit (but no shipped date?) on the various tracking sites, and got an email from Ford that it was built this morning.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/7/22  Build Week Thread for 2023 MME's 1668496998706
What site is this screenshot from? The ford tracker? I havenā€™t gotten that to work yet. Most of us are getting an error that the vehicle is not available to track yet, despite telling us itā€™s shipped.