renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
RN
Country flag
My new hunch: people that have gotten shipping notices way, way out of order is because the arrangements have been finalized. Those of us earlier are being told that the shipping details are still being determined. Perhaps this is because of “convoy” instead of “rail,” I have no idea?

But, it seems to be a common theme that people who are told that their car is on a train are still also being told that their car is still sitting in Mexico not moving. I’m not entirely sure that anything has moved yet. I may have missed it where somebody can point to Ford telling them their car is in the country?
Mine says convoy and I have shipping status.
Sponsored

Lante

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 23 GT
Occupation
Union
Country flag
appreciate all the help and links, I’m still confused because I found almost all the information (even have a tear tag which I donexcept if the car is actually buil
Just got email from Ford this morning that has been shipped.
Ford Tracking now also works. Showing the same delivery timeline of 12/7 to 12/13.
Not showing any updates on Palsapp so far, but may be too early.

Spoke with dealer who advised 1 week of possible deviation aka 12/1 to 12/20.
Updated Tracking Spreadsheet.
Much appreciated, actually found the video information I was looking for. Car is built just waiting for it to ship.

trimlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler/Sienna
Country flag
Talked to a ford rep, my vehicle is built with an estimated ship date of 12/13? (hope thats wrong!)

Nothing else has been updated, car says it has an estimated build date of the 7th, the tracker works now too except it says its supposed to be built on the 7th as well.

chimpster23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BLK GT ER-AWD / 04 Toyota Camry
Country flag
Talked to a ford rep, my vehicle is built with an estimated ship date of 12/13? (hope thats wrong!)

Nothing else has been updated, car says it has an estimated build date of the 7th, the tracker works now too except it says its supposed to be built on the 7th as well.
What does ford chat say as to your status? has it been allotted a rail car # to be shipped out?

Shilou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
how do you track this :(

this is what i got from the chat

your 2023 Mustang Mach E is in transit and the rail car information is AOK 501936 Ramp 5J, Lecheria Cuap, EM. The ETA to your dealership is 01/03 - 01/09

chimpster23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BLK GT ER-AWD / 04 Toyota Camry
Country flag
Great so you will have an update in the next couple days that it's cross from MEX to US *perhaps texas) and it'll end up in Richards-gebaur, MO

There are ways to track the rail carriers but they aren't real time *per my experience*

Main thing is that you are allotted a rail car # so it WILL move.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
From the tracking post

"
There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.
"

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
how do you track this :(

this is what i got from the chat

your 2023 Mustang Mach E is in transit and the rail car information is AOK 501936 Ramp 5J, Lecheria Cuap, EM. The ETA to your dealership is 01/03 - 01/09
It was my understanding that it takes 6 days to go from Mexico to MO with boarder crossing and all.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
yikes, ford chat just told me that it might not be until 12/14 that the car is put on a train. if that's the case, goodbye 2022 federal tax credit.

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
yikes, ford chat just told me that it might not be until 12/14 that the car is put on a train. if that's the case, goodbye 2022 federal tax credit.
Well, you may get the Dealership to change the date of when you got the car.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
How do you mean? Sign papers before csr is delivered?
that seems like it might be the only way to legitimately do it; then i'd be taking a pretty huge risk for a 8% discount or whatever it works out to be.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
What would be the risk?
Really? First off, the dealer is likely not going to do it, I’m sure they don’t even accept responsibility for the car until it arrives at their lot. Second, your insurer will not cover anything that happens to that car before you’ve taken possession of it (think vehicle carrier jack knifes on the highway with your car on it). Third, what astrorob said. Fourth, and most importantly, it does meet the requirements of the federal law that provides for the credit in the first place.
Sponsored