Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
How do you mean? Sign papers before csr is delivered?
I'm guessing they will have a way to change the date of when you got the MME?
Sponsored

OakTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Select AWD
Country flag
yikes, ford chat just told me that it might not be until 12/14 that the car is put on a train. if that's the case, goodbye 2022 federal tax credit.
Does this apply to both rail and convoy shipping?

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
I'm guessing they will have a way to change the date of when you got the MME?
but... i mean, isn't that just straight-up fraud?

IIRC you might be eligible for the tax credit if you have a non-revokable contract in place to buy the car sometime in 2022. however, it amounts to the same thing for the buyer - even if you don't have to pay the entire purchase price at the time of signing the contract, you still committed yourself to buying something sight unseen.

Does this apply to both rail and convoy shipping?
well my sticker says Convoy and that's what they told me. i could be wrong but i thought that all shipments, rail or convoy, begin the journey from mexico by rail. hopefully i'm wrong about that.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
The language of 26 U.S. Code § 30D is unambiguous. The vehicle needs to be “put into service” by the taxpayer to qualify for the incentive. There is no way to do that if you have not taken delivery of the vehicle. You have to put the VIN on the tax return, everything is verifiable. Good luck.

zpel

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Dir, Data Engineering
Country flag
Now we are one step closer to deliveries, has anyone decided on traditional financing or Ford Options?

I'm undecided so I'd appreciate a dialogue if any of you already know your plan.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The language of 26 U.S. Code § 30D is unambiguous. The vehicle needs to be “put into service” by the taxpayer to qualify for the incentive. There is no way to do that if you have not taken delivery of the vehicle. You have to put the VIN on the tax return, everything is verifiable. Good luck.
yes, you are of course right. the rules around the "written binding contract" have to do with whether or not the final assembly rule applies. if you have a written binding contract executed before 8/16/2022, you are fully under the old rules. if you purchase or have a binding contract executed between 8/16/2022 and 12/31/2022, the old rules apply but the final assembly in north america rule also applies. in any case you have to take delivery by 12/31/2022.

i think we discussed this before - the 2023 MME does not appear on the IRS's list of cars built in north america, but the 2022 MME does. the IRS does not represent the list as a final list, and i guess there's no reason to think that the 2023 would not qualify since the 2022 is built on the same line in the same factory.

i assume the IRS is going to take this seriously... when i bought a leaf in 2011 i took the 7500 tax credit and i received a followup letter from the IRS requesting my sales contract. when i eventually talked to the examiner he told me that congress had told them to crack down on EV credit fraud, and mortgage interest fraud. so i sent them the sales contract and all was good.

Now we are one step closer to deliveries, has anyone decided on traditional financing or Ford Options?

I'm undecided so I'd appreciate a dialogue if any of you already know your plan.
i asked in the 10/31 thread and someone made a screenshot of the Options screen that came up in their ford account (which does not yet appear in mine.) his/her current offer was 3.9% with $2000 cash back. if that's what it looks like in northern california i will probably go that route as the credit union is currently advertising 4.6% APR on a traditional loan.

edit: sorry not the 10/31 thread, the 9/19 thread:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/9-19-week-build-group.19869/post-546713

Last edited:

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
Dealers are supposed to honor rate at time of order which will likely be better than when we actually purchase. When I bought in October the Ford options rate was 3.99

zpel

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Dir, Data Engineering
Country flag
With Ford Options you have the right to buy/finance the vehicle at the end of tht term, right?

Is there a set buyout price?

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
With Ford Options you have the right to buy/finance the vehicle at the end of tht term, right?

Yes. You have option to give it back also. There’s a buyout price at the end.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The amount of the balloon payment on the loan, you already own the car. Three options to take care of the balloon payment: 1) pay / finance it independently of Ford; 2) turn-in the vehicle to satisfy the payment; or 3) trade-in the vehicle and the value would be applied against the amount owed.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. You have option to give it back also. There’s a buyout price at the end.
It's not a "buyout" amount in the sense of a lease. Ford Options is a financing plan, you own the vehicle. The amount owed at the end of the term is a balloon payment, not a buyout.

zpel

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Dir, Data Engineering
Country flag
It's not a "buyout" amount in the sense of a lease. Ford Options is a financing plan, you own the vehicle. The amount owed at the end of the term is a balloon payment, not a buyout.
Yeah that's probably my bad on the buyout language.

From what I'm gathering you can finance the balloon payment/pay it outright, turn it in, or trade it in.

Thank you!

Naynrs

First Name
renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
RN
Country flag
So I just got off the phone with my ford dealer and there is a change in route for California vehicles. They go through nogales at the border and come to riverside where they are loaded on vehicles. If this is the case California persons eta may be right on point with estimates. The person I spoke to at the dealership was also surprised by this finding as he had stated they had always gone to MO first. This would also follow what ford told me on the phone last week in regards to shipping routes.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yikes, ford chat just told me that it might not be until 12/14 that the car is put on a train. if that's the case, goodbye 2022 federal tax credit.
dios mio man, now the ford order status page says the car has shipped. well, the text says that, the little progress bar is still on "built".

ordertrack.app does not have any shipping info and still says it's awaiting shipment.

i guess ford chat was just being conservative? i'll chat again tomorrow and see if they have any railcar info.

Coryisbored

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order: 2023 Mach E Premium AWD 9217 459/1419
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
From the tracking post

"
There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.
"
What about KCS ? That is the rail mine is on…
Sponsored