11/7/22 Build Week Thread for 2023 MME's

JustSomeQuickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I believe that is because that is a protected rate from 8/30, the time of your order? I imagine if you were to walk onto a dealer's lot today and buy a car from their inventory, the rate may very well be higher than that.
You were right btw, the finance person confirmed that. It locked me into the rate that was available when I placed the order.
Sponsored

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
Iā€™m pretty fed up too. Especially considering Fordā€™s email regarding converting the order and how it will be prioritized over new orders. I really think the deprioritization of converted orders is due to Ford taking a hit with the private offers and the uncertainty of the tax credit. Get the cars to those who are paying full price before end of 2022; if the tax credit is no longer applicable in 2023 and people with converted orders cancel, those canceled orders will be able to be sold at full price. Win win for Ford.

Iā€™m really hoping this is my brain going full conspiracy theory and ours are just poorly tracked and we find out in a few days. Coming up on a month of ā€œin production.ā€
Really several different issues here. One, your converted order was prioritized in the sense that they were at the top of the first batch (#9217). Your car was #109/1419. I had a new order, placed very early on 8/30, and I was #472/1419. I don't know how many new orders were ahead of me, but what we do know is that there were at least 109 converted orders. It appears that those converted orders were the first in sequence.

Another issue is the order in which these cars were produced clearly did not follow the numerical sequence. This is the issue that has many on this forum frustrated, myself included. Why some cars sit in production for weeks while others do not, why some cars sit awaiting shipment while others do not, why some sit on the ramp in Mexico for a week while others move out in a day, why some sit on the ramp in KC for weeks, etc. are all questions that have many of us perplexed, confused and, ultimately, very disgruntled.

But, I can tell you anecdotally, with regard to your theory of converted orders, my case contradicts it. As I said earlier, I was #472 of the entire MY'23 run, and my car sat in production for 8 days. It then sat on the ramp in Mexico not moving for days. And now it has been in KC for at least the last 4 days. Meanwhile, cars 1000 or more behind me in the queue have made better progress, and in fact, some are now being delivered despite my ETA still being over 11 days away (which even seems dubious at this point). So my point with this is that my car has been delayed, as have many, many others, with no apparent rhyme or reason.

Not trying to minimize your situation and your frustration over it. Your case is particularly egregious and I fully recognize that. However, I personally don't think there's some sinister conspiracy to keep you from getting your car this calendar year. I just think they have an opaque system of tracking the production of their vehicles and we have an even less transparent way of monitoring it.

Mach23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW 228i
Country flag
Converted order - second batch #9259 - 175/1034. While I certainly don't think there is a conspiracy, there are so many factors at play it is hard to make sense of the entire scheduling process.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Back from the dealer, it's pretty dark out now so I can't get a good picture in my driveway but here's from the garage.

I'll post better ones tomorrow. :)

1669945017225.png

Edit: here's a picture my wife took at the dealership

original_6d913526-6e06-438e-909e-c49c3aabf61a_PXL_20221201_232739269.jpg
Your wife takes better pictures

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Hi, very nice! I would love to see some more pics of it out in the sun, if possible ;). My Vapor Blue is built but on a train somewhere with an ETA right at the end of 22/early 23 šŸ˜ž . Wife was never sold on the color so really want to share pics of it before it arrives. Based on the two you posted, there is a huge difference in color between dark garage and showroom lighting. More so than most it seems.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Converted order - second batch #9259 - 175/1034. While I certainly don't think there is a conspiracy, there are so many factors at play it is hard to make sense of the entire scheduling process.
Agreed. You were originally a 10/31 build that got formally pushed back to 11/7, correct? I would wager that if you hadn't been shifted a week, the original sequence number of your vehicle would have been higher than mine. I have no idea why your vehicle was shifted a week. It does appear that there are multiple assembly lines and maybe a batch is exclusive to a specific assembly line. Or perhaps a batch is assembled over more than one assembly line, and when one line has issues (parts, quality, etc.), vehicles start getting out of numerical order in the process.

As you said, so many variables. Nobody other than the factory workers and Ford management probably knows the truth.

TheWalkerMME

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Wow... That is encouraging if your ETA was 12/9 - 12/15 and it actually got delivered on 12/1. Looking forward to some pics
My ETA has not changed, still 12/17 - 23. But hope that with some of these early deliveries there might be a chance some of us get ours sooner than expected.

Waiting to chat with FC today, maybe they have an update for me šŸ¤ž

Mach23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW 228i
Country flag
Correct. Originally 10/31 and changed to 11/7. When I placed my order I was thinking it would be an October delivery so waiting was expected. My hope all along was to receive the car in 2022 to get the entire tax credit. Had I been more on the ball in August, I would have been willing to convert my order to a binding contract prior to the Inflation Reduction Act taking effect. That way I'd be happy to wait until 2023.

JustSomeQuickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Your wife takes better pictures
haha yeah she snapped one in the showroom while I was doing all the paperwork, outside it was too dark for any pictures.

Hi, very nice! I would love to see some more pics of it out in the sun, if possible ;). My Vapor Blue is built but on a train somewhere with an ETA right at the end of 22/early 23 šŸ˜ž . Wife was never sold on the color so really want to share pics of it before it arrives. Based on the two you posted, there is a huge difference in color between dark garage and showroom lighting. More so than most it seems.
Sure thing, I hope to get something posted today. The color does seem to "change" more than others when exposed to different lighting conditions.

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Yes. "Feature Unavailable"

When it was first built I got a different message when I pushed it that said soemthign like "Do you want to erase all previous data and start over". I canceled out of that because I was worried I was going to screw something up.

You?
I never hit the activate button. I wonder if I should or shouldn't.

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
haha yeah she snapped one in the showroom while I was doing all the paperwork, outside it was too dark for any pictures.

Sure thing, I hope to get something posted today. The color does seem to "change" more than others when exposed to different lighting conditions.
Great! Maybe some at different angles for the light. We all really appreciate it. I do believe you are the first to share as I have never seen any good photos of this color on the Mach E that one could truly confirm was Vapor Metallic Blue. So now you are a celebrity ;)

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great! Maybe some at different angles for the light. We all really appreciate it. I do believe you are the first to share as I have never seen any good photos of this color on the Mach E that one could truly confirm was Vapor Metallic Blue. So now you are a celebrity ;)
Definitely the first Vapor Blue delivery on this forum!

Lambo

First Name
Lambo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTP
Country flag

I'm curious about how the BlueCruise in this 2023 has improved. Have you tried the automatic lane change function yet?

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
For all of the converted order people wondering about their ā€œplace in lineā€.

my dealer tells me itā€™s not like ordering an iPhone with Apple for pickup at a specific apple store.

the number of allocations a dealership has available to them is a major factor in which order the cars are actually built and delivered.

good luck to everyone here. I hope all our vehicles show up before 12/31/22 so we can have the full federal tax benefit!

JustSomeQuickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I couldn't find an existing thread for Vapor Blue Metallic, so I started one here with some pictures we took today

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/vapor-blue-metallic-mach-e-club.23899/
Sponsored