Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Went to check on what’s up with 3.5.3

added the AC button on big screen and my car play didn’t work. Only my wife’s phone showed up as Bluetooth and then car play.

I reset screen and same thing happened. I then went to hit car play button for my phone and car play finally showed up.

I only warm up the car on Sundays, since I never changed it from months ago and it still showed it in the schedule.

edit:

the car showed my profile yet my wife’s phone on car play.
Sponsored

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Went to check on what’s up with 3.5.3

added the AC button on big screen and my car play didn’t work. Only my wife’s phone showed up as Bluetooth and then car play.

I reset screen and same thing happened. I then went to hit car play button for my phone and car play finally showed up.

I only warm up the car on Sundays, since I never changed it from months ago and it still showed it in the schedule.

edit:

the car showed my profile yet my wife’s phone on car play.
Mine shows the schedule but didn’t actually condition it today. Fortunately the temps are mild and comfortable today so no biggie. I’ll be sad when winter comes when it skips preconditioning

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Turns out the latest update 3.5.3 changed my charging at home to immediate instead of starting at 9 pm with lower rates.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Just received the last one 3.5.3.3. Pretty cool. OTA’s finally working. 7 updates in the last month.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I Received 3.5.3 late Tuesday night and just received notice that Alexa is ready to be used and 3 year free subscription starts now.

have not received 3.5.3.3 yet as far as I can tell.

I left the car today to go into a store. i use PAAK , I left my phone in the car as my wife waited inside the car. She was on her phone the whole time.

when I came back and started the car, her phone immediately went to speaker. She did not have a key and PAAK is not set up on her phone.

took me a while to transfer back to my phone. Just seemed weird . I wonder if that has something to do with the new “2 phones working“ at the same time, which I do not like.

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
Got 3.5.3.3 yesterday, haven't had time to check it out, but noticed Android Auto is full-screen now (whoop!) and nothing broke (my wife did her usual work commute, and we went to some friends' house to watch the Dodgers/Padres playoff game). 🤞

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got into car and PAAK didn’t work, had to use master password. This after being notified I have three year subscription to Alexa

drove to store and noticed new update 3.5.3.3. I also noticed Amazon Symbol next to my profile on top of screen

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Continuing problems with phones, Bluetooth and PAAK with latest updates

wifes phone and car play connect when we get in car , yet I use PAAK and she doesn’t have FOB

profiles all screwed up, goes to guest first and can’t change until reset done.

etc etc etc

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Continuing problems with phones, Bluetooth and PAAK with latest updates

wifes phone and car play connect when we get in car , yet I use PAAK and she doesn’t have FOB

profiles all screwed up, goes to guest first and can’t change until reset done.

etc etc etc
Have you tried to delete your profiles including phone and reset everything?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you tried to delete your profiles including phone and reset everything?
I am afraid of doing that

I thought others did and had trouble reconnecting

In other words I am paranoid

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I added test profile and all seems to be working now

except, after wife uses car my car play will not connect until I do a reset.

also received 3.5.4 today and no damage to system from what I could tell, also nothing new from what I could tell.

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
The minor aggravations continue.

After the 3.5.4 update, our phones weren't connecting. My wife and I both have Pixel 6 Pro Android phones. They were both called -- brilliantly -- "Pixel 6 Pro". It was hard to tell who's who.

Ford, if you're listening -- let people rename their phones. My 2011 Leaf let us do that.

So, we had to delete our phones from the Mach-E and re-pair them. Mine became "Google Pixel 6 Pro"; Mrs. B's came back to live again as just "Pixel 6 Pro". Nice, now we can tell them apart. But...why?

That said, her phone still acts up fairly often, failing to be recognized. I haven't had a chance behind the wheel since the last update, so who knows what's in store for me.

Also we've been getting the occasional "CHARGER STATION FAULT" error. Got one this morning. The car had finished charging to 90% before 6AM, but at 8:45AM -- when Mrs. B unplugged it -- it threw that alert.

BUT, even so, we both look forward to every time we drive it.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
The minor aggravations continue.

After the 3.5.4 update, our phones weren't connecting. My wife and I both have Pixel 6 Pro Android phones. They were both called -- brilliantly -- "Pixel 6 Pro". It was hard to tell who's who.

Ford, if you're listening -- let people rename their phones. My 2011 Leaf let us do that.

So, we had to delete our phones from the Mach-E and re-pair them. Mine became "Google Pixel 6 Pro"; Mrs. B's came back to live again as just "Pixel 6 Pro". Nice, now we can tell them apart. But...why?

That said, her phone still acts up fairly often, failing to be recognized. I haven't had a chance behind the wheel since the last update, so who knows what's in store for me.

Also we've been getting the occasional "CHARGER STATION FAULT" error. Got one this morning. The car had finished charging to 90% before 6AM, but at 8:45AM -- when Mrs. B unplugged it -- it threw that alert.

BUT, even so, we both look forward to every time we drive it.
You can rename your phone and it will show up in the car display with that name. Go to settings and then about phone and you can change the phone name.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
You can rename your phone and it will show up in the car display with that name. Go to settings and then about phone and you can change the phone name.
This! My daughter loves that my phone is named "A-A-Ron"
Sponsored